Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,047 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Nigeria Talks Tough, Warns South Africa Over Seized $5.7 Million Arms Money - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Talks Tough, Warns South Africa Over Seized $5.7 Million Arms Money (3988 Views)

N2.1bn Arms Money Scandal: What I Know About EFCC Probe Of Dokpesi — Lawyer / Arms, Money, Phones Found In Boko Haram's Hideout (graphic Photos) / Buhari Talks Tough: Saraki Angry, Oyegun & Dogara Smile At APC NEC Meeting (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Nigeria Talks Tough, Warns South Africa Over Seized $5.7 Million Arms Money by Lilimax(f): 8:05am On Oct 08, 2014
Hmmm...
Re: Nigeria Talks Tough, Warns South Africa Over Seized $5.7 Million Arms Money by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 08, 2014
Kc3000:

Ok, smart guy grin We can only speculate but it would really be a desperate play by our govt, and is certain to evoke some backlash. Mercenaries are in it strictly for the money, so I've always had my reservations about their commitment, even though they tend to be highly trained and specialized former military personnel. I suspect the bottom line for them in this kind of conflict is to stay alive and hope the conflict continues and they can continue to get paid. They aren't cheap either. The best thing is to have them on short term contracts, and task them with very specific missions that can be easily verified, or let them focus on training. Bottom line, our Army would still have to do most of the heavy lifting if we intend on ending this scourge. It would be damn near impossible to source a private Army that can duplicate the efforts of a standing Army like ours.

Agreed.

I have this belief that it is not Nigerian Army battling Boko Haram but Nigerian Army battling themselves.

Boko Haram just happens to be the sorry excuse at the center.

Private Military Contractors usually have highly specified roles as contained in their contract. They are not going to stick around for the whole haul but will do only what they are agreed and paid to do.

The Nigerian Govt is really desperate to end this insurgency and the military is not helping matters.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Talks Tough, Warns South Africa Over Seized $5.7 Million Arms Money by Myself2(m): 12:24pm On Oct 09, 2014
RevDesmondJuju:

Agreed.

I have this belief that it is not Nigerian Army battling Boko Haram but Nigerian Army battling themselves.

Boko Haram just happens to be the sorry excuse at the center.

Private Military Contractors usually have highly specified roles as contained in their contract. They are not going to stick around for the whole haul but will do only what they are agreed and paid to do.

The Nigerian Govt is really desperate to end this insurgency and the military is not helping matters.

Fifth columnists in the military you mean

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Chris’ Daughter Rejects Him, Supports Mums On Divorce / Buhari Will Hold Nnamdi Despite Global Condemnation. / Breaking: Buhari’s Deteriorating Health Challenges, Suffering From Acute Amnesia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.