Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Ex Anambra Governor Peter Obi defects from APGA to PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex Anambra Governor Peter Obi defects from APGA to PDP (565 Views)

Lagos APGA To Adopt Ambode As Governorship Candidate / Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially / Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex Anambra Governor Peter Obi defects from APGA to PDP by Bonaguy(m): 10:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
[img]http://3.bp..com/-fsSDFmyH_tw/VDRJ38ei69I/AAAAAAADqGs/JLXUWbxMZNA/s1600/unnamed.png[/img]

Former Governor of Anambra state and chieftain of All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) this evening defected to the ruling People's Democratic Party, PDP. He made his decision known after a meeting with members of the South East zone of the PDP at his residence in Onitsha, Anambra state.

Speaking through his media aide this evening, Mr Obi who said his defection was to enable him become a competitor and not a spectator in national affairs. The former governor had maintained for a while now that he will not seek any further elective position.

The leaders of the PDP South East zone visited the former governor at his Onitsha residence where he made the announcement.The leaders were led by the Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekwerumadu, Deputy Speaker, Emeka Ihedioha, Secretary to Federal Government, Sen. Pius Anyim Pius.

Others in the entourage included, the Governor of Akwa-Ibom State, Dr. Godswill Akpabio, former Governor, Okwesilieze Nwodo,former Senate President, Adolphus Wabara, Sen. Uche Chukwumerije, Sen. Hope Uzodinma, Sen. Ben Obi, Sen. Igwe Paulinus and Former Aviation Minister, Kema Chikwe.

http://www.gistmetro.com/2014/10/former-anambra-governor-peter-obi-joins.html
Re: Ex Anambra Governor Peter Obi defects from APGA to PDP by Abbeyme: 10:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
This is a very serious matter o. I guess there should be a limit to cross-carpeting in Nigerian Politics else, this country would fall to be a one-party state; or where the opposition would be so weak and ineffective.

Abi why do chikens cross the road?
Re: Ex Anambra Governor Peter Obi defects from APGA to PDP by dominiongroup(m): 10:25pm On Oct 07, 2014
The cross carpeting of politician in preparation for 2015 is unavoidable especially as the election date draws near. No permanent friends or foes but interest. May God help us. www.affordablehousingscheme.com/landlord
Re: Ex Anambra Governor Peter Obi defects from APGA to PDP by tandoe: 10:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
nawa o this jonah guy is more powerful than i thought, the greatest leader is the one who attracts dedicated followers reminds me of a man in a book I read who started with just twelve members in his party now his party has branches on every street of the world would APGA and labour go the way of CPC , AC and ANPP something must be done before we end up with a one party state.

(1) (Reply)

Don't Field Atiku As Your Presidential Flagbearer-obasanjo Warns APC / 1.2kva Inverter Plus Battery For Only N55,000 Call 08023706037 / Singer Alicia Keys Leads #bringbackourgirls Rally In NYC (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.