Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. - Webmasters (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. (35173 Views)

How Should Archive And Label Pages Be Treated? / Blogging Advice For Beginners / Designing A Website: For Beginners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by leo2009(m): 8:55pm On Dec 06, 2009
hi omnipotens
ur email is hidden in ur profile,ow ar we supose 2 get it
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by quadrillio(m): 10:08am On Dec 07, 2009
leo2009:

hi omnipotens
your email is hidden in your profile,ow ar we supose 2 get it

jus ask am sure he will be willin to give it to you

-SAFE
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by edetcnn(m): 11:22pm On Dec 09, 2009
Hello People,
I am a newbie in programming and of particular interest to me is PHP but the more I read about it the more confused it becomes so I decided to major on web design.

I recently got a job that includes a form page that will post the form datas to email. Now my prob is I dont know hot to go about the php code for form to email. I was wondering if you or any good person can help me with the code in the right place.

The email to forward the datas is : registration@thepathfinder.com. I am attaching the form page here for anyone to look at and make an input.

I will really appreciate any useful insight here.

Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by yawatide(f): 1:40am On Dec 10, 2009
1) Your code looks okay to a point (more on that later). What kind of problems are you getting?

2) I see in your code where you are storing variables in sessions if error count equals zero. What happens though when it is greater than zero? Something to think about.

3) I see the site you are using is joomla-based. why bother doing all the validation from scratch when you can take advantage of the community builder plug in that enables you to customize everything from fields you want to display, to whether or not they are required, etc?
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by derk(m): 1:55am On Dec 11, 2009
hi i just saw this thread and i must give you kudos quads,it is a fine thing you are doing.pls keep up the good work.the tuts are very help ful.
you just inspired me to spend alot more time here at naira land.
any body who needs the php tuts videos in addition to this can pm me @ derek@nextwebng.com
once again quadrillo nice one!!!
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by adsenseboy: 7:03pm On Dec 16, 2009
Pls i need some body to help me edit my forum, i prefer we talk on phone so i can tell u what i really want.let me no if u can do this job, i might pay for it,
NOTE ; i need sombody who nos SMF very well. thanks
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by bayoogere(m): 8:31am On Dec 17, 2009
Thank you for the tutorials. Very nice!
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by derk(m): 4:32pm On Dec 17, 2009
hello ! adsenseboy i can help you edit your at i can get a clearer smf forum but i prefer we chat so that i can get a clearer pix of wat you want.pm me at nexusproducts@yahoo.com like tomorrow morning at 10 pm.
check haemonline.com/forum.i was the one who set up the adsense and kontera ads there.
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by Alstin: 1:18am On Dec 20, 2009
We are back hi it be long lagosland.wen.ru
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by Alstin: 11:28am On Dec 23, 2009
Guys lagosnaija.wen.ru is back join now it hot in there LOADED LAGOSNAIJA.WEN.RU
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by smallboy2(m): 4:47pm On Dec 25, 2009
How do i save my PHp website. Do i save them as .php or .html ?
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by richkids1(m): 4:26pm On Dec 27, 2009
this is very interesting guys, keep it up here and let everytin remain hot as HE be!!!
grin
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by quadrillio(m): 8:51pm On Dec 27, 2009
smallboy2:

How do i save my PHp website. Do i save them as .php or .html ?
yes, u save your php page as  .php, u don't need to worry about the html codes, php can read it

richkids1:

this is very interesting guys, keep it up here and  let everytin remain hot as HE be!!!
grin

sorry guys, am off till next year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE. STAY CODED
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by abswale(m): 12:47pm On Jan 02, 2010
Good day to you all.
A school wants to build a website, and they need a professional to do that for them.
A 5-page webpage, simple and neat and easy to load.
Interested web designers are to send in their proposal to abswale@gmail.com on or b4 January 4.
For any other question or clarification regarding the site mail the address above too. Thanks.
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by neetusharma: 1:49pm On Jan 08, 2010
This is a really cool place to visit. So detailed and could be used for reference if needed. Nice effort from your end.
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by techlevels(m): 5:53pm On Jan 14, 2010
Thanks for that great lecture
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by quadrillio(m): 11:26am On Feb 01, 2010
Thanks everyone,

I just restore my system, I had to format and restore to factory default, am setting up my enviroments and doing some installation. will continue the tutorial ASAP.

-SAFE
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by deb(m): 4:48pm On Feb 01, 2010
If am told to vote the best Nairalander, I will easily vote quadrillio.
This guy is doing great.
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by techlevels(m): 12:27am On Feb 02, 2010
Thanks for coming back
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by jjjkkkooo: 1:56pm On Feb 06, 2010
pLS i need to know when the php classes will resume
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by quadrillio(m): 10:37am On Feb 10, 2010
Class resumes On friday. 12/02/10.

see you later.
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 10, 2010
Hello Guys, I just joined nairaland today, heard it is the best forum to meet my country people. I am a web designer, i have little experience with dreamweaver I want to meet someone who can actually help me out with PHP training. My number is 08036822451, jetfilips@yahoo.com, Facebook: Jet Philips. I live in Mararaba via Abuja. I really need help with the PHP lessons from a patroitic nigerian. cheers.
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by dejonimist(m): 11:38am On Feb 11, 2010
The services of a web master is required for full time employment with a consulting firm providing leading jobsite solution in Nigeria.

Interested persons should have experience in .Net and other programming languages.

You may send you CV/Resume to consulting@equinoxgroup.org to indicate your interest.
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by quadrillio(m): 4:25pm On Feb 13, 2010
OK, let's continue,

Creating and Using Objects

To create an instance of an object from a class, you use the "new" keyword in PHP, as follows:

$myObject = new myClass;

In this example, myClass is the name of a class that must be defined in the scriptusually in an include fileand $myObject becomes a myClass object.

Multiple Objects You can use the same class many times in the same script by simply creating new instances from that class but with new object names.

Methods and Properties
The methods and properties defined in myClass can be referenced for $myObject. The following are generic examples:

$myObject->myValue = "555-1234";
$myObject->myMethod();

The arrow symbol (->winkmade up of a hyphen and greater-than symbolindicates a method or property of the given object. To reference the current object within the class definition, you use the special name $this.

The following example defines myClass with a method that references one of the object properties:

class myClass {
var $myValue = "Jelly";

function myMethod() {
echo "myValue is " . $this->myValue . "<br>";
}
}

$myObject = new myClass;
$myObject->myMethod();
$myObject->myValue = "Custard";
$myObject->myMethod();

This example makes two separate calls to myMethod. The first time it displays the default value of myValue; an assignment within the class specifies a default value for a property. The second call comes after that property has had a new value assigned. The class uses $this to reference its own property and does not care, or even know, that in the script its name is $myObject.

If the class includes a special method known as a constructor, arguments can be supplied in parentheses when an object is created, and those values are later passed to the constructor function. This is usually done to initialize a set of properties for each object instance, and it looks similar to the following:

$myObject = new myClass($var1, $var2);

Using a Third-Party Class
The best way to learn how to work with classes is to use one. Let's take a look at a popular third-party class written by me, which provides a comprehensive way to validate email addresses.

see you in the next class, where we work around some classes that I've written.

Thanks
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by quadrillio(m): 4:22pm On Feb 23, 2010
Guys, I've been busy setting up my own hosting company, I am happy to tell everyone that I am LIVE.

If you need to host your website, you can count on us. Our Server is in USA, and it's very fast & reliable,

when you host with us, your website will be on the same server with notable website like Harvard University, e.t.c.

for as low as 10k you will ve a 1 GB space, with a capability of hosting up to five websites on it, (unlimited Email, Un-metered Bandwidth,)

and with just 3k, u will still get a space to host a website.

I'm seriously working on the hosting website.

About The Tutorial
I'm merging all my tutorial into a book. for easy access for everyone and to speed up your learning pace.

to be sincere, I've been too busy this days and I don't think I can continue the tutorial. but I promise to attend to any question asked. you can also forward any question to my mail. Thanks for you understanding.

YIM is quadri20_wale

call me on 08077796668

- SAFE
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by abswale(m): 4:08pm On Mar 02, 2010
Pls I need dreamweaver. How do I get one?
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by jjjkkkooo: 7:40pm On Mar 02, 2010
U can get dreamweaver at any computer shop (otigba in lagos), ZOne, in abuja. for just N200
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 09, 2010
N200 keh? 150 (unless them see say u no sabi) - i live beside the villa
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by cruisej(m): 8:10pm On Mar 19, 2010
join NAIJA FACEBOOK visit www.naijahala.ning.com
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by daveytrack: 4:19pm On Mar 26, 2010
Thx you have been really helpfull!
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by feelme3(m): 1:23pm On Apr 02, 2010
Hello house. Happy Holidays to all.
Ok, Now this php thingy has really gotten me into a lotta unwanted situation hence, I want to learn it and special thanks to quadrillo for your kind gesture to humanity.
So, I have downloaded and installed XAMPP (as recommended by an active poster here) but I realize that when I want to access http://localhost through my browser (IE8) it keep requesting for username and password and I can't remember ever putting any password (I just formatted my pc for this).
Please if you are out there, thats why am on this thread, to learn from those that know.
Am rearing to go, PHP but whats the next step undecided
Re: Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. by Binary(m): 1:28pm On Apr 02, 2010
quadrillio:

Guys, am seriously busy on a project,

BRB.
I must compliment  ur efforts u are doing the best. how do i get the book?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

best BULK SMS provider in Nigeria ? / When You Are A Computer Guru And Your Girlfriend Needs Your Assistance / The Meaning Of CAPTCHA & 6 Types Of CAPTCHA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.