Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,606 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus (2746 Views)

Very Graphic Image Of A Woman's Uterus Slipping Out Of Her Vagina / First Mother-to-daughter Uterus Transplant Performed In Sweden / Can Cramping On The Left Side Of A Uterus Means Ur Carrying A Baby Boy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by charlesng: 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2014
Mothers and Doctors in the house, please help enlighten me on this.
My wife is suppose to give birth today according to the doctor's prediction
but she was sent back home this morning despite the contraction pains.

She was told her Uterus or what ever it is called has only opened 50% and needs to
open an extra 50% before she can put to birth.

How long does this Uterus takes to open to its normal stage and what is really happening, is
their an explanation to this? I really don't understand anymore and i am getting sick here.
Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by hushmail: 4:24pm On Oct 08, 2014
bro take am easy

am sure d docs know what they r doing

congrats in advance

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by emeraldoe(f): 5:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
50% is like 5cm and d cervix has to be 10cm (full dilatation) for d baby to pass tru. It depends on several factors. Some progress fast while some takes time. U Jst av to relax and be calm so u don't make ur wife apprehensive. She can walk around to increase contractions. Congrats in advance and remember to come and share d good news

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 08, 2014
emeraldoe:
50% is like 5cm and d cervix has to be 10cm (full dilatation) for d baby to pass tru. It depends on several factors. Some progress fast while some takes time. U Jst av to relax and be calm so u don't make ur wife apprehensive. She can walk around to increase contractions. Congrats in advance and remember to come and share d good news
You're 100% right smiley
Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by desiree(f): 7:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
5cm dilation is almost halfway there. I don't know why some hospitals do this to their patients. I was only 1cm when my hospital admitted me. Tell your wife to go back there and refuse to leave until they give her a bed. Anything can go wrong especially if you live a long distance from the hospital.

They should admit her and start monitoring the baby's heart beat for signs of distress or wait for labour to progress.

5 Likes

Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by agbeke58(f): 10:06am On Oct 09, 2014
Op, how is it now? I believe ur wife has put to bed now. I say congratulations.
Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 09, 2014
did u say 5cm, and she was sent back home? pls kindly post d name of d hosp abeg, because she is supposed to be admitted immediately, wat if d labour progresses fast...anything after 2 cm is active labour, I beg to be corrected by senior colleagues in d med profession...some hosp are actually supposed to be scrapped off.....

4 Likes

Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
megaf1:
did u say 5cm, and she was sent back home? pls kindly post d name of d hosp abeg, because she is supposed to be admitted immediately, wat if d labour progresses fast...anything after 2 cm is active labour, I beg to be corrected by senior colleagues in d med profession...some hosp are actually supposed to be scrapped off.....
You're right dear, I read the post so fast that I didn't even notice she was sent home. Op hope you can give us an update, the hospital should not have sent you guys home at 5cm dilation, it's outrageous shocked
Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by tchiwinnie: 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2014
charlesng:
Mothers and Doctors in the house, please help enlighten me on this.
My wife is suppose to give birth today according to the doctor's prediction
but she was sent back home this morning despite the contraction pains.

She was told her Uterus or what ever it is called has only opened 50% and needs to
open an extra 50% before she can put to birth.

How long does this Uterus takes to open to its normal stage and what is really happening, is
their an explanation to this? I really don't understand anymore and i am getting sick here.
megaf1:
pls read thru his post. he didnt say 5cm. d 50% mentioned s nt synonymous wt 5cm. nobody ll send u home wt 5cm dilatation.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 09, 2014
tchiwinnie:
pls read thru his post. he didnt say 5cm. d 50% mentioned s nt synonymous wt 5cm. nobody ll send u home wt 5cm dilatation.
bros nao, y u talking like ds? we all know dt cervix dialates to a max of 10cm before a baby can come out,( pls note dt it is not d uterus dt opens up, its d cervix dt dialates) and 50% of 10cm is 5cm....so wat are we saying? .......anyway I believe she must av put to bed by now.
Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by MrsAwesome: 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2014
50% is for effacement of the cervix ( I.e taking up of the cervix) not cervical dilatation as those above are speculating. Effacement is measured in percentage. Your wife is probably a first timer and that explained why they sent her home because it takes a longer time for the cervix to be taken up in primigravidas.
The EDD can come two weeks before and two weeks after so stop fretting and let her monitor the changes in her body. Has she seen ""show"", rupture of water? What exactly lead her to the hospital except the mild contraction ? It might be false labour.
It is time for watchful waiting, if you start sweating it the hospital will either induce the labour or perform a cesarean.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by pathbisbama: 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2014
I bet she's a Primi with abt 50% effacement, No Doc wld send a woman home if she's 5cm dilated except those fakes who parade themselves as docs(u know who) wink
Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by MrsAwesome: 5:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
pathbisbama:
I bet she's a Primi with abt 50% effacement, No Doc wld send a woman home if she's 5cm dilated except those fakes who parade themselves as docs(u know who) wink
In cases like this you do not just say absolute........cos except if the practitioner is a board certified midwife or a board certified obstetrician...they are all fakes in a sane society where things works the way they are supposed.
Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by charlesng: 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2014
My dear people, my wife has not yet put to birth. She is already 40weeks and 2days old pregnant and she is still feeling the contraction.
Its actually a public hospital in Spain, they told us its false alarm but I really can't stand seeing my wife go through this pain.

The contraction comes and goes. We have called our doctor at a private hospital whom have been taking care of her and they said we should come over by tomorrow, maybe they would have to provoke the pregnancy so she can put to birth.

We left the private hospital because her medical aid doesn't cover giving birth because she registered 4 months ago. According to the company the medical aid could only cover fully if we started 8 months earlier. So, as it is now, we have no other choice than to pay an extra 3500euro to have her give birth at the private hospital.

I am just wondering why the boy is taking long to come out when he is already 40weeks and 2day old. Is it normal?? What can we do to get this done? How do we really know when its the real contraction? because last time we went they said its a false alarm.
Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by charlesng: 7:00pm On Oct 09, 2014
MrsAwesome:
50% is for effacement of the cervix ( I.e taking up of the cervix) not cervical dilatation as those above are speculating. Effacement is measured in percentage. Your wife is probably a first timer and that explained why they sent her home because it takes a longer time for the cervix to be taken up in primigravidas.
The EDD can come two weeks before and two weeks after so stop fretting and let her monitor the changes in her body. Has she seen ""show"", rupture of water? What exactly lead her to the hospital except the mild contraction ? It might be false labour.
It is time for watchful waiting, if you start sweating it the hospital will either induce the labour or perform a cesarean.

Oh Yes! you are right, this is her first time. But she is already 40weeks and 2days.
We rushed to the hospital cos she felt an unusual contraction pain.
We were told its false alarm after putting her on monitor but she still feels pains at home,
though the pains some times comes and goes.
Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by tchiwinnie: 9:44am On Oct 10, 2014
megaf1:
bros nao, y u talking like ds? we all know dt cervix dialates to a max of 10cm before a baby can come out,( pls note dt it is not d uterus dt opens up, its d cervix dt dialates) and 50% of 10cm is 5cm....so wat are we saying? .......anyway I believe she must av put to bed by now.
there s something called 'effacement' during labor. d 50% here was referring to effacement, nt cervical dilatation. they re 2 different things.u cld look up effacement.Btw, i no b bros o. smiley
Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by tchiwinnie: 9:50am On Oct 10, 2014
charlesng:

Oh Yes! you are right, this is her first time. But she is already 40weeks and 2days.
We rushed to the hospital cos she felt an unusual contraction pain.
We were told its false alarm after putting her on monitor but she still feels pains at home,
though the pains some times comes and goes.
pls try to b calm.As @MrsAwesome said, for first timers it cld tk some time. There s no need to panic. There may b no need to spend d extra cash o.i blv those at d govt hsptl kno wot they re doing.She has nt 'overstayed'. By say 10days postdate, her docs ll probably induce labor. For nw, its just eatchfl waiting as sm1 said. wish u all d best.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by tchiwinnie: 9:51am On Oct 10, 2014
sorry i meant 'watchful waiting'
Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
tchiwinnie:
there s something called 'effacement' during labor. d 50% here was referring to effacement, nt cervical dilatation. they re 2 different things.u cld look up effacement.Btw, i no b bros o. smiley
oooo, tx for d correction, I didnt even think of effacement, all my mind was thinking was dialation, tx again madam..
op, I wish ur wife safe delivery.....
Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by charlesng: 4:45pm On Oct 10, 2014
People, we have just rushed my wife to the hospital now.
Finally, the water or who knows what it is called is broken like its often said.

So, I am expecting to welcome my son anytime from now.

Thanks to your all wonderful people!!smiley
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by lillyjane(f): 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
charlesng:
My dear people, my wife has not yet put to birth. She is already 40weeks and 2days old pregnant and she is still feeling the contraction.
Its actually a public hospital in Spain, they told us its false alarm but I really can't stand seeing my wife go through this pain.

The contraction comes and goes. We have called our doctor at a private hospital whom have been taking care of her and they said we should come over by tomorrow, maybe they would have to provoke the pregnancy so she can put to birth.

We left the private hospital because her medical aid doesn't cover giving birth because she registered 4 months ago. According to the company the medical aid could only cover fully if we started 8 months earlier. So, as it is now, we have no other choice than to pay an extra 3500euro to have her give birth at the private hospital.

I am just wondering why the boy is taking long to come out when he is already 40weeks and 2day old. Is it normal?? What can we do to get this done? How do we really know when its the real contraction? because last time we went they said its a false alarm.

It is absolute normal babies usually arrive either 2wks before or after EDD. So panic not my dear, the contractions she is experiencing now is called false labour. I had false labour for almost a week before my little cutie finally arrived. Here are some of the things she can do, I did them and it was helpful.
Stair climbing, fast brisk-walking, doing house minor house chores while standing. Intact, she should stand more than sitting and lying down.

She can also take a very spicy food. After almost a week past my EDD and I didn't put to birth with all those exercises, I had my little sis prepare a very spicy yam for me, the type the newly birth moms take. Very hot and peppery. The labour intensified that night and I had her the next day.

I will not forget to add that she was quite big, maybe that caused the delay.
Hope this helps.

Good luck and share the good news oooo.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by tchiwinnie: 7:10pm On Oct 10, 2014
megaf1:
oooo, tx for d correction, I didnt even think of effacement, all my mind was thinking was dialation, tx again madam..
op, I wish ur wife safe delivery.....
its alrite. u re welcome. we learn everyday.
Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by charlesng: 8:21am On Oct 11, 2014
My Country People, its time to break the news.
Charles Jr. is here with us, we welcomed my son yesterday 7pm GMT+1
He is 3kg, 700gram. My wife had a C.Section, guess the baby was too big for her.

Thank God both my wife and baby are sound.

I am now a father and a very proud and happy one.
You will never know how much your parent loves you
until you get your own child.

One interesting this is that, he actually shares same birthday with my younger sister.

Thanks to everyone who have been supporting here.
Remain blessed people!! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by desiree(f): 8:27am On Oct 11, 2014
charlesng:
My Country People, its time to break the news.
Charles Jr. is here with us, we welcomed my son yesterday 7pm GMT+1
He is 3kg, 700gram. My wife had a C.Section, guess the baby was too big for her.

Thank God both my wife and baby are sound.

I am now a father and a very proud and happy one.
You will never know how much your parent loves you
until you get your own child.

One interesting this is that, he actually shares same birthday with my younger sister.

Thanks to everyone who have been supporting here.
Remain blessed people!! cheesy

Congrats....awww God bless the little one.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by etenyong(m): 8:40am On Oct 11, 2014
Congrats bros. I wish him sound health, great and rewarding furure.
Welcome to d fathers' club.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2014
congrats, am so happy for u

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus by emeraldoe(f): 7:13pm On Oct 11, 2014
Congratulations. God richly bless him. Amen. wen is d party

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help / HIV Treatment With Black Seed Oil / Is There Anywhere In Lagos Hospital To Conduct A True Dna Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.