Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

In The Aftermath Of Google Crackdown Of LIB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In The Aftermath Of Google Crackdown Of LIB (914 Views)

Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group / Photos: Aftermath Of Boko Haram Attack In Chad / Photos: The Aftermath Of Akure Gas Explosion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In The Aftermath Of Google Crackdown Of LIB by doncheks: 8:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
LIB is closed.

Lesson learnt
Google is no respecter of Persons.if you have a blog and don't want it deleted without warning, then don't have it hosted on a free server.Pay for your own hosting.,

As for linda,I guess she made so much money that it got into her head.I mean she signed her own death sentence by publishing that article where she unambiguously admitted that she copies content from other websites.Dumbest Mistake.

Maybe she might recover in say 5 years.If she does at all.In my opinion,she may never get to the top 10.

My reasons?
She is starting from the grassroots.no backlinks,no content,just nothing.Besides,search analytics are now more complex than they were 8 years ago.

Way Forward?

Try to recover some content as fast as possible.Use services like
http://archive.org/web/

Get a self hosted domain.As much as possible,try to buy lindaikeji.com or lindaikeji.net.Its a thing of pride and I dont know why you waited so long.

Get a good web dev company that has done a large scale redesign successfully.I know a few foreign based coy but they will cost an arm and a leg. cool.If you are going to be using an open source CMS,I recommend drupal, though development time will be double.While development is going on, start a temporary blog and avoid any time delays.

Engage the services of an SEO Company to focus on
Aggressive/Viral PPC Marketing
Organic SEO

Drop any advice here.

Food for thought:
Why was LIB on for so long?

1 Like

Re: In The Aftermath Of Google Crackdown Of LIB by lordjay: 8:54pm On Oct 08, 2014
Well put OP. I've learnt quite a lot from your suggestions myself. For every true entrepreneur out there, it's never really in failing but in bouncing back. This is where we will all find out the true fighting spirit in Linda. Real business just began for her!
Re: In The Aftermath Of Google Crackdown Of LIB by majamajic(m): 9:08pm On Oct 08, 2014
Mobile site is going.

Re: In The Aftermath Of Google Crackdown Of LIB by doncheks: 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2014
majamajic:
Mobile site is going.

True.But most of her traffic and income are from the desktop version.
Re: In The Aftermath Of Google Crackdown Of LIB by majamajic(m): 10:09pm On Oct 08, 2014
doncheks:

True.But most of her traffic and income are from the desktop version.

and bloggers pay better than Google.

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actor Jim Iyke Joins Young Democratic Party / A Person That Committed These Criminality Is Capable Of Sponsoring Bokoharam / Photos: Senator Florence Ita Giwa And Her Daughter Step Out In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.