Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Why Does A Meal Of Beans And Custard Cause Sleep? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Does A Meal Of Beans And Custard Cause Sleep? (3745 Views)

7 Things Not To Do After A Meal / Do You Eat A Meal Inside A Public Transport ? / 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does A Meal Of Beans And Custard Cause Sleep? by RexioKlasik(m): 5:31am On Oct 09, 2014
I have always been wondering why people get drowsy and fall asleep after eating beans and custard. It happens to me and to people I know,I don't know if anyone here has experienced it because some people even call it "natural sleeping dose". Well, I am a kind of person that always wants to know "WHY WHAT HAPPENS". I have been to Google.com but I haven't found any satisfactory information about this. So now I am here because I believe so much that we have learned people here who are knowledgeable in this aspect and can help me know why this happens. What could be the cause? Thank you as u assist.
Re: Why Does A Meal Of Beans And Custard Cause Sleep? by scarr: 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
for me it's not only particularly beans and custard, it's eating any of this akara, beans, moin moin(which are all made from beans) with ogi/pap or custard....i have a weird feeling it's d amount of milk I put in it..sometimes I can use a whole tin of peak for a bowl of custard...and it knocks everybody in my house every Saturday morning.....sometimes sef my lil sister would sleep on d dinning table...no proof tho
Re: Why Does A Meal Of Beans And Custard Cause Sleep? by philantoxx(m): 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2014
daz y I run 4rm custard lyk hell
Re: Why Does A Meal Of Beans And Custard Cause Sleep? by Toniaeloho(f): 8:18pm On Jun 12, 2022
A meal of custard and beans is rich in carbohydrates and protein and this causes a release of serotonin. Serotonin relaxes the mood and improves sleep

Another reason could be that protein like milk and beans contain tryptophan. Tryptophan improves sleep. On its own, tryptophan will not cause sleep but when eaten with carbohydrates, its effect are enhanced. Of course, you fill your custard with milk. Custard is carbohydrate, milk is protein and beans contain both carbohydrates and protein. You can see why this may be the cause.

Custard and beans is a heavy meal and your body is working overtime to digest this meal. Definitely, it takes energy to digest this food which can explain the tiredness that ensues.

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Restaurant In Ikorodu / Please How Do I Make Oats Swallow / South South Native Dishes & Cooking Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.