Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Military "Bombs" Used Against Boko Haram Costs $15,000 Each - CDS Badeh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military "Bombs" Used Against Boko Haram Costs $15,000 Each - CDS Badeh (1070 Views)

GEJ's Speeches Used Against Him In APC Sponsored Newspaper Adverts / The Helicopters That Evacuated CDS Badeh’s Family From Mubi: A Lesson For All / The Helicopters That Evacuated CDS Badeh’s Family From Mubi: A Lesson For All Ni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military "Bombs" Used Against Boko Haram Costs $15,000 Each - CDS Badeh by fun4: 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2014
...........“The military has taken a lot of bashing from everywhere but all of us know what we are going through. Somebody rightly said that what is happening with Boko Haram is a declaration of war. I want to say that when nations go to war, all elements of National power including the media join hands to fight the war together”.

“The military is not omnipotent, the military is not omnipresent; are you expecting the military to go and drop a bomb that cost $15, 000 on two people. Let us not give the enemies of Nigeria the chance to make Nigeria become what people (enemies) wanted. We can do this by providing accurate information,” he said.

Badeh said the attitude of some Nigerians towards the war on terror suggest that they are against genuine intentions of the military to flush out the terrorists and this gives the impression that they sympathise with Boko Haram insurgency with the aim of destabilising the country.

His words, “We know that people do not like the military, but they should realise that we are the ones keeping this country together, and should avoid giving the enemies the opportunity to operate”.

Earlier, he told journalists to be guided by national interest while reporting the ongoing counter-insurgency operations in the North east saying “though you may know many things concerning the operations, you should not report things that would hurt or create panic among the people”.
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/insurgency-many-fifth-columnists-military-badeh/
Re: Military "Bombs" Used Against Boko Haram Costs $15,000 Each - CDS Badeh by tofam3k3(m): 12:44pm On Oct 09, 2014
Re: Military "Bombs" Used Against Boko Haram Costs $15,000 Each - CDS Badeh by oduastates: 2:19pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ole.
What is the name of the $15000 munition in Nigeria's arsenal?

1 Like

Re: Military "Bombs" Used Against Boko Haram Costs $15,000 Each - CDS Badeh by tinkinjow: 2:47pm On Oct 09, 2014
Nigerians are so ignorant. Even in a time of google. Some pips actually think ammunition are tomatoes. I had an argument with a friend last week when I told him $9m is so insignificant when it comes to arms purchase. I told him I was ashamed that a country like Nigeria should be going around the world with N10 to buy arms.
I even asked him then how many modern fighter jets we can buy with $1bn.He thought it could reach 300. I mean can one imagine. So unbelievable.
Re: Military "Bombs" Used Against Boko Haram Costs $15,000 Each - CDS Badeh by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2014
This government sef...
Re: Military "Bombs" Used Against Boko Haram Costs $15,000 Each - CDS Badeh by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:05pm On Oct 09, 2014
fun4:
...........“The military has taken a lot of bashing from everywhere but all of us know what we are going through. Somebody rightly said that what is happening with Boko Haram is a declaration of war. I want to say that when nations go to war, all elements of National power including the media join hands to fight the war together”.

“The military is not omnipotent, the military is not omnipresent; are you expecting the military to go and drop a bomb that cost $15, 000 on two people. Let us not give the enemies of Nigeria the chance to make Nigeria become what people (enemies) wanted. We can do this by providing accurate information,” he said.

Badeh said the attitude of some Nigerians towards the war on terror suggest that they are against genuine intentions of the military to flush out the terrorists and this gives the impression that they sympathise with Boko Haram insurgency with the aim of destabilising the country.

His words, “We know that people do not like the military, but they should realise that we are the ones keeping this country together, and should avoid giving the enemies the opportunity to operate”.

Earlier, he told journalists to be guided by national interest while reporting the ongoing counter-insurgency operations in the North east saying “though you may know many things concerning the operations, you should not report things that would hurt or create panic among the people”.
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/insurgency-many-fifth-columnists-military-badeh/

Shut the hell up Badeh!

If $15,000 is too much, then reduce the corruption in the Army and ask the President to drastically reduce the corruption by top Govt Officials and other Govt parastatals and watch how you easily save Billions of Dollars every year to carry out functions other than buying Bentleys and Private jets.
Re: Military "Bombs" Used Against Boko Haram Costs $15,000 Each - CDS Badeh by BlackTechnology: 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2014
tinkinjow:
Nigerians are so ignorant. Even in a time of google. Some pips actually think ammunition are tomatoes. I had an argument with a friend last week when I told him $9m is so insignificant when it comes to arms purchase. I told him I was ashamed that a country like Nigeria should be going around the world with N10 to buy arms.
I even asked him then how many modern fighter jets we can buy with $1bn.He thought it could reach 300. I mean can one imagine. So unbelievable.

That's why Nigeria should develop her indigenous military technology which is far more cheaper and will advance in time as we involve our higher institutions in weapons development.

GEJ sit up and

#InvolveOurHigherInstitutionsInWeaponsDevelopmentAsDICONmassProduce
Re: Military "Bombs" Used Against Boko Haram Costs $15,000 Each - CDS Badeh by musiwa95: 4:57pm On Oct 09, 2014
tongue

(1) (Reply)

Sagamu Residents Cry Out Over Bad Roads. / Jonathan To Declare "Total State Of Emergence" In Adamawa, Yobe And Bornu / Community In Lagos Where Residents Convey Sick People In Wheelbarrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.