Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome (12667 Views)

South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / Baboons Invade Cape Town Housing Estates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by nellyelitz(m): 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

But I thought we were discussing bouncers & not these guys. Do you find bouncers hot? Personally, I'm not into muscles & stuff. I like em lean & mean wink
ok i see ur point, buy am a guy...meaning i won't fancy a guy because am not a guy grin
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by ChukwuCantDie: 2:06pm On Oct 14, 2014
morpheus24:

Remove the white and colored population, they are skewing the male's numbers( Netherland average 6 ft). You and I know, Those pure bred Afrikaners are some big mofos.

lol at average height of Nigerian men at 5ft 4 ''. Imagine that, on average Vietnamese men are taller than us. Please, trash that rubbish stat .

Those averages are stupid na, for example the average height of west African males according to that is about 5'5, yet African-American males who are also West African average 5'10? It's to do with how much food you have growing up i had plenty food full of protein growing up so i grew to 6'2 many Africans don have plenty anything so how them wan grow?

ANYWAY South Africans are a disgrace to the black world, how are you still allowing yourselves to be pushed around in your own land by d whites? You people are Cowards, Shaka Zulu must be turning in his grave.
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 14, 2014
nellyelitz:
ok i see ur point, buy am a guy...meaning i won't fancy a guy because am not a guy grin

*looks at you suspiciously* You sure grin?
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 14, 2014
ChukwuCantDie:
Those averages are stupid na, for example the average height of west African males according to that is about 5'5, yet African-American males who are also West African average 5'10? It's to do with how much food you have growing up i had plenty food full of protein growing up so i grew to 6'2 many Africans don have plenty anything so how them wan grow?

ANYWAY South Africans are a disgrace to the black world, how are you still allowing yourselves to be pushed around in your own land by d whites? You people are Cowards, Shaka Zulu must be turning in his grave.

That is Khoisan land my guy, go read your history, Zulu are in KwaZulu Natal, and Xhosas in the Eastern Cape. The majority in Cape Town are coloureds who are the original inhabitants of the area, that's like saying igbos who were deported from Lagos are a disgrace because they were deported in their own land, Lagos is not Igboland.

And tell me why are Nigerians mistreated by foreigners in their own country, I read an article about how Nigerians not being hired and allowed to buy property by foreigners in Nigeria, why is that?

2 Likes

Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by ChukwuCantDie: 2:52pm On Oct 14, 2014
vdGeist:

That is Khoisan land my guy, go read your history, Zulu are in KwaZulu Natal, and Xhosas in the Eastern Cape. The majority in Cape Town are coloureds who are the original inhabitants of the area, that's like saying igbos who were deported from Lagos are a disgrace because they were deported in their own land, Lagos is not Igboland.

And tell me why are Nigerians mistreated by foreigners in their own country, I read an article about how Nigerians not being hired and allowed to buy property by foreigners in Nigeria, why is that?
How can coloreds be the original inhabitants of anywhere in Africa when they are a made up race of foreigners with some black DNA that speak a European language?

Also, what you said makes no sense..was it the coloreds that were bullying the blacks? Or the eruopeans? Either way non of it belongs to the whites who are causing the problems. Maybe you should learn to read, mumu.
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by nellyelitz(m): 2:57pm On Oct 14, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

*looks at you suspiciously* You sure grin?
really? maybe if u handle u, u'll know am not grin grin
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2014
And how old is this article I saw this discussed here years ago, I see that the OP is one of those who were angry about SA seizing Nigerian money (looking at her comments in other threads) so she posted negative stuff about SA.
Cape Town isn't racist I live here, ofcoz you find racists people like you do in all cities. We always here about this racism whenever the ANC has lost an election, an this is the only part not under ANC rule.
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2014
nellyelitz:
really? maybe if u handle u, u'll know am not grin grin

Hehe. No comment wink
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by nellyelitz(m): 3:09pm On Oct 14, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

Hehe. No comment wink
i can see u believe me me now grin
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 14, 2014
ChukwuCantDie:
How can coloreds be the original inhabitants of anywhere in Africa when they are a made up race of foreigners with some black DNA that speak a European language?

Also, what you said makes no sense..was it the coloreds that were bullying the blacks? Or the eruopeans? Either way non of it belongs to the whites who are causing the problems. Maybe you should learn to read, mumu.

My guy, these articles come out whenever the ANC has lost an election in Cape Town, we didn't hear about this racism during the period when cape town was under the ANC, this is just political.

Again Cape Town was Khoisan land before colonialists arrived (see below map), there were no Bantu speaking groups because cape town has a Mediterranean climate unsuitable for Bantu crops, cape town has nothing TO do with shaka zulu, the Zulu king owns KwaZulu natal and Xhosa have the eastern cape.

Tell me why are there abuses in Nigeria by foreign ers?

Lagos Assembly condemns discrimination
against Nigerians

www.mydailynewswatchng.com/lagos-assembly-condemns-discrimination-nigerians/

Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by khukhi(f): 4:11pm On Oct 14, 2014
nellyelitz:
but cabbage is nutritious grin grin

It gives u gas too lol! grin

But u guys Are right ,our guys aren't often Bouncer Material. Even the bouncers at news cafe in Soweto are not from here lol!
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by nellyelitz(m): 4:18pm On Oct 14, 2014
khukhi:

It gives u gas too lol! grin

But u guys Are right ,our guys aren't often Bouncer Material. Even the bouncers at news cafe in Soweto are not from here lol!
cheesy
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by vandalZA(m): 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2014
BluIvy:
Actually this is very true. My family from my mom's side are from Cape Town. It is racist city to the core I so hate going to their restaurant and hangout places it drives absolutely crazy. It is made worse by thes whites using foreigners to do their dirty work and promoting more xenophobia and black on black hate. They employ a mainly Congolese and some Nigerians as bouncers to intimidate and push local blacks away from these posh hangout places. I have a serious and deep love and hate relationship with the mother city.

I once went to Cubana in Greenpoint to fetch a visiting friend from Namibia. He was flastered and these bouncers refused him taking his R5000 whiskey with him when he only drank a quarter of the bottle. Only for one of the bouncers to take the bottle into his own car. I called him out and made him fetch the bottle infront of his white manager. He started threatening me saying he will not allow me access to Cubana again not knowing I was visiting. The last straw was when he boldly said " this is not Kayelitsha,you must go to Kayelitsha" which is a statement he adopted from his white master i believed. I turned around and said " yes my friend, this is lagos, dummbo". Everyone packed up laughing including the manager. I spilled the whisky, as if my friend couldn't leave with it no one will have it. It was his money.

Bback to the topic, anyone who thinks this is a bad reflection on black South Africans is on long thing. The past does not disappear at a flip of a slate it takes time. South African democracy is still in its teen years not fully matured yet. White people will try everything to resist the change but as one can see it is coming like a flood.

Just two decades ago, there were not black millionaires or black diamonds as they called in advertising industry and today tons a many more a creeping up from every where. One cannot expect things to change overnight unless you do a Mugabe which is not in the interest of both white or black South Africans.

People forget that Apartheid was one of the most successful strategies ever designed with the Nazi system coming second. This was evil supported by the world for years which mostly only black South Africans fought directly laying the lives on the line with no arms but stones & petrol bombs.

Lest people forget, if change was that easy we would not have tribal arguements among Nigerians because of wars that happened almost 5 decades ago. Cape Town is only city out many in South Africa that is resistant to change. But change it will by fir by force.
I love you!!!!!
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by khukhi(f): 4:23pm On Oct 14, 2014
vdGeist:
And how old is this article I saw this discussed here years ago, I see that the OP is one of those who were angry about SA seizing Nigerian money (looking at her comments in other threads) so she posted negative stuff about SA.
Cape Town isn't racist I live here, ofcoz you find racists people like you do in all cities. We always here about this racism whenever the ANC has lost an election, an this is the only part not under ANC rule.

Its true. The ruling party likes to manipulate us at times. Remember this is the only province that they have no control over.

I feel that if more of you would be able to see how well managed CT is, you would understand why the majority of residents there prefer the minority party to lead there.

Personally I'm not supporting the statement that we are allowing for whites to rule us in our own land. Whats the point of having a black senator who cannot manage his territory.

As I said before,I believe in discipline and the prev. Administration of CT was not on point.

You cannot manage a city like you're playing house or running a small shop. The problem with us Africans at times is the level of proffesionalism used when conducting our jobs.

1 Like

Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by morpheus24: 5:01pm On Oct 14, 2014
khukhi:

Its true. The ruling party likes to manipulate us at times. Remember this is the only province that they have no control over.
I feel that if more of you would be able to see how well managed CT is, you would understand why the majority of residents there prefer the minority party to lead there.
Personally I'm not supporting the statement that we are allowing for whites to rule us in our own land. Whats the point of having a black senator who cannot manage his territory.
As I said before,I believe in discipline and the prev. Administration of CT was not on point.
You cannot manage a city like you're playing house or running a small shop. The problem with us Africans at times is the level of proffesionalism used when conducting our jobs.

My Bra, Cape town is run quite well and I will give kudos were it is due. The DA manage the system well. The Racism in Cape town is not however overt in nature but institutional where European foreign professionals are preferred over locals, Renting is certain areas is restricted to segregate populations and a majority of the positions in companies in the CPT are kept "white".

Its their last beacon of hope to retain "control" of a province in the new SA and they will not give it up easily, Mark my words!
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by ChukwuCantDie: 5:17pm On Oct 14, 2014
vdGeist:

My guy, these articles come out whenever the ANC has lost an election in Cape Town, we didn't hear about this racism during the period when cape town was under the ANC, this is just political.

Again Cape Town was Khoisan land before colonialists arrived (see below map), there were no Bantu speaking groups because cape town has a Mediterranean climate unsuitable for Bantu crops, cape town has nothing TO do with shaka zulu, the Zulu king owns KwaZulu natal and Xhosa have the eastern cape.

against Nigerians

If you South Africans are happy being slaves to the whites i dont know what to say.....i cant be bothered to even argue with you right now ...youre too s.tupid to talk about such things with someone like me.
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by paniki(m): 5:23pm On Oct 14, 2014
Cape Town has always been well managed. DA control of the place is recent and is only a consequence of the coloured vote.

Racism in Cape Town is due to a lack of a substantial black/coloured middle class and monied people. But even white people who are newcomers to Cape Town complain that it's cliquey
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 14, 2014
khukhi:

the previous ANC government had clean odits, they ran cape town pretty well.
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
ChukwuCantDie:
If you South Africans are happy being slaves to the whites i dont know what to say.....i cant be bothered to even argue with you right now ...youre too s.tupid to talk about such things with someone like me.

Bounce, you've no clue. Say hi to your Lebanese, Indian and chinko masters..
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by paniki(m): 5:59pm On Oct 14, 2014
vdGeist:

You forgot to add South African in your list of masters
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by paniki(m): 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2014
vdGeist:

You should also add white people, their original masters who still have a firm grip on their main resource. But they can't see this because the white master is sitting in an air-conditioned office with 24/7 hr light in London, New York, etc. and running things via the Internet.
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by pickabeau1: 6:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
you can never miss all naija on any ZA thread
It seems to be a burden to him
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by adamskutty(m): 7:08pm On Oct 14, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:
What's with you & South African issues? Does it get your nipples hard or something?

The western province is one province out of 9. Those people can either choose to relocate elsewhere or just ignore the living crap out of anyone who has a problem with them being there. You cant force anyone to like you, all you can do is keep living your life. Most black people living in the western cape are Xhosa & Xhosa people are good with "talk to the hand". We dont care for acceptance or being liked. I'm sure many living there dont give much of a rat's ass, except when it comes to jobs & whatnot. White people & the Xhosa have an old beef. Remember, we're the 1st blacks they met when they arrived. We gave them the longest resistance etc. Fact is we dont care. If the blacks there are whining, it's probably for economic reasons other than wanting love or whatever. Old enemies like I said.

Tis old news. Didnt even read it.
hehehe! Unnecessary rants from a blek southafrican monkey grin

Don't u know u are a slave in ur country, how is life in soweto? grin
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by adamskutty(m): 7:11pm On Oct 14, 2014
Hehehe! Who need lazy blek southies in cape town to poo and mess the whole place up with their dirty ,smelling body . They might turn the place to a hard drug community grin
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 15, 2014
vdGeist:

Please do not lie! Cape Town is as racist as a Nazi state. Sometimes I wonder why all the boers who created Orania did not just move to Cape Town instead. Truth be told Africans and Coloured in Cape Town were deeply affected by the Apartheid devide and rule strategy which in turn empowers whites to treat that like shiiit because they are not united. Which was the initial goal of the Apartheid. If Coloureds & Blacks saw themselves as one things would be much different like in Gauteng.
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 15, 2014
vdGeist:

And tell me why are Nigerians mistreated by foreigners in their own country, I read an article about how Nigerians not being hired and allowed to buy property by foreigners
in Nigeria, why is that?

Now I understand your monicker you are a boer hence this irritating rubbish you are spewing about Xhosa not belonging to the Western Cape. I found this most disgusting and it used by white racist to defend their status of being settlers in South Africa. Where do you get the guts to separate a people from a land the roamed freely without borders and migrated from one area to another before your grandfathers came and restricted their movements? Do you know Xhosa and Khoisans inter/married and shared a lot hence their language shares the cliques.

Please leave this your racist defence for News 24 and your Cape Town racist enclave. No one gives a dammn here.
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 15, 2014
ChukwuCantDie:

I are totally agree he is talking his racist language. That guy is white SAn, an Afrikaaner to be precise van Der Giest or Gustapo, nonsense
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 15, 2014
vdGeist:

against Nigerians

Please Cape Town racism was there when even Thabo Mbeki was the president and the Leon guy was the DA leader many hotted discussions were a daily meal in Parliament about Cape Town and Racism. ANC was trying hard to change that. I schooled and attended University in Cape Town. It will take a lot to change Cape Town, while Coloured & Blacks are still divided Cape Town will remain the enclave of racism hence the saying Cape Town the "fairest of them all".

About your map Its all cocky & bull that your people created. To see the real maps of South Africa you must go into history archives.
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 15, 2014
vandalZA:
I love you!!!!!

Love you too, hun! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yonov Agah, 3 Others: WTO Pays Tribute To Outgoing Deputy Directors-general / Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown / Ukraine Denies Russian Claims That 'Massive Missile Strike' Killed 600 Ukrainian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.