Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Basic Knowledge Of Html You Should Know As A Blogger - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Basic Knowledge Of Html You Should Know As A Blogger (544 Views)

Can I Learn Web Design Without Basic Knowledge?. / Drag N' Drop Versus Coding Of HTML / Php Developer With Knowledge Of Html, Css And Javascript Is Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Basic Knowledge Of Html You Should Know As A Blogger by dhsfbi(m): 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2014
Recently i have been visiting some beginners blogs, Though i am still also a beginner but still better than some. I visited some because the owner asked me to review it for them and i just stumble on some domain name and i visit it. While doing this reviewing, i noticed that some bloggers lack the basic knowledge of HTML they need to publish a post because their post are not organize ( You will see their content mixed up with another sub-topic, When they try to split their tutorial into steps, you will see step 1 and step 2 on the same line or step 2 mixed with the last line of the first step etc).

I used to be a victim of this before i get a hold of a simple to understand HTML material ( which you can get for free if you want but we have got to analyse the basics here first) and i felt is my responsibility to also help those in need of that information now. HTML

It means Hyper Text Mark-Up Language, It is a document formatting language common to all computers on world wide web which permits cross platform communication between Macs, Apples, PCs and others to view a document in a similar way.

I will not go deep into HTML but will just give you what you need to format your ready to publish post ( Like starting a new sentence on a new line, or aligning text to the left, right or middle)

Fire up your Notepad, and just type anything like in the image shown below, it may be your new post or just any random text we just want to practice.

Save the notepad file [ Go to File>>Save As>>File NAme( write the name you want to save the file with and end it with .html)>>Save As type( Choose All files and hit save)>>Now head to the folder you save the file default folder is document and run it]. You will notice the content still comes together despite all the spaces we put in between, that is where our formatting knowledge is useful. DEFINITION OF HTML TAGS <p>Sentence here</p>: This is used for starting a new paragraph. <br>Sentence here</br>: This is used for starting a new line. <b>Sentence here</b>: This is used to make a sentence appear in Bold. <i>Sentence here</i>: This is used to make a sentence appear in italics. <u>Sentence here</u>: This is used underline a sentence. <center>Sentence here</center>: Used to place text or image at the center. <p align=left>Sentence or image here</align>: This is used to place your text or image at the left or change the left to "right" to align the text or image to the right. <font size=2>Sentence or paragraph here</font>: This is used to increase or decrease the size of your sentence or paragraph. Note that the two here can be "3,4,5... anything you want it to be. <ol></ol>: This means ordered list. <li></li>: This means list item. <ul></ul>: This means unordered list. See Examples Read more:http://www.rasaqtech.com/2014/10/basic-knowledge-of-html-for-formatting.html

(1) (Reply)

Concerning Html / SMS Portal Creator 2 - Portal Settings Blank!! / 10 Blogging Rules And Regulation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.