Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Forgive Us And Come Lead PDP – Mu’azu, Mark, Beg Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forgive Us And Come Lead PDP – Mu’azu, Mark, Beg Obasanjo (590 Views)

Akpabio, Orji Lead PDP Senators-elect To Pro Saraki Meeting, APC Rattled! / We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido / Beg Obasanjo & Be Saved- Fani-kayode To Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Forgive Us And Come Lead PDP – Mu’azu, Mark, Beg Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 09, 2014
Olusegun Obasanjo, who is a known benefactor of the incumbent president Goodluck Jonathan said he supported him in 2011 because he was assured that he would complete the tenure of the late Umaru Yar’Adua and step aside in 2015.

But Jonathan changed his mind after winning the election.

Hence, in a bid to settle the cold war between Obasanjo and Jonathan, the national chairman of PDP, Adamu Mu’azu led Senate president David Mark and ex-governor Gbenga Daniel to apologise to the former president for all sins committed against him.

The team also appealed to Obasanjo to return to active participation in the party.

Mu’azu said:

“I want to join OGD, I want to join my dear senior brother and indeed all the teeming members here to very sincerely apologise to our leader, to our baba, my baba, General President Olusegun Obasanjo to forgive us.

“We cannot continue. I know he has been very prayerful. In the Villa, I know he used to pray every morning. Very early, 5:30 to 6am, he is praying.

“And I know he keeps on praying all the time. As we say in our Lord’s Prayer: ‘Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who trespass against us’.

“Baba, you have to forgive us. I beg you in the name of the almighty God, so that you too are forgiven. We are your children…

“We are making mistakes, we have made mistakes, we have apologised, we will not agree even if you want to throw the baby with the bath water, the baby will not go with you. So, please Baba, we apologise.

“Come and lead us. Even the president is waiting for you. Come and lead us. You are our leader, we appreciate you, we thank you for your leadership. We thank you for your courage. And we assure you that by the grace of God, we are all good boys and girls.”

Mu’azu made the plea while receiving Gbenga Daniel, who was accompanied by Governor Segun Mimiko, back to PDP at the party’s national headquarters in Abuja on Wednesday.

Daniel, who led other members of Labour Party back to PDP, started the apology session as he also begged for Obasanjo’s forgiveness for any wrong done to him by the party.

On his part, Daniel said, “Let me seize this opportunity to publicly apologise to the former president, Olusegun Obasanjo. Whenever there is a quarrel between a son and a father, the son can never be right even if it is a battle of principle.

“We therefore plead that President Obasanjo should be called upon that he cannot abandon his house. All we the children are standing by to apologise and apologise and apologise again,” he said.

While he noted, “we have learnt our lesson,” he however added he has returned to “my party and all the challenges we have in PDP have been settled.”

Obasanjo, had in the heat of his face off with President Jonathan and the leadership of the PDP under Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, resigned from active participation in the party’s activities.

Re: Forgive Us And Come Lead PDP – Mu’azu, Mark, Beg Obasanjo by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:13pm On Oct 09, 2014
Let me delude myself like my naïve brothers and say, "OBJ, u're no more relevant in the Nigerian politics"..
Re: Forgive Us And Come Lead PDP – Mu’azu, Mark, Beg Obasanjo by bakandow11: 5:13pm On Oct 09, 2014
okay let us reason together, fine these poeple are apologising because they dont want to lose the power or in clear terms lose to APC considering the level of preparedness for the coming general election. its all about winning and nothing more, nothing like how to move the nation forward nothing like nigerians shuld forgive them, as we await thre baba response to the so called open apology because everything in nigeria now is OPEN OPEN, we will see if God shuld be the one dey should turn to or Obasanjo.
yeye people

(1) (Reply)

How We Have Failed The Chibok Girls! / Tension Rises In PDP As Govs, Leaders Clash Over Endorsement / Gunmen Attack And Kill 25 In Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.