Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,629 members, 7,955,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:01 PM

Fellow Nl's, Its Really Itching - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fellow Nl's, Its Really Itching (727 Views)

Itching Boby: Doctors In The House Pls Help! / Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? / Pain And Itching At The Rim Of My Anus Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fellow Nl's, Its Really Itching by Hyinkar97(m): 7:34pm On Oct 09, 2014
Hello people, I used chloroquine for treating malaria, and it has been itching me a lot. I haven't been able to sleep since then. Please help me out
Re: Fellow Nl's, Its Really Itching by Nobody: 12:39am On Oct 10, 2014
Hi there, sorry about your predicament, you're experiencing an allergic reaction. You have to talk to your doctor to prescribe a different type of medication for you, probably one without quinine. Coartem can be considered if it's available at the pharmacy, please verify with your doctor first.

For the active itch, you can take a cold shower or apply methylated powder on your skin. Benadryl tablets can also help with your allergy, it causes drowsiness so please don't drive or operate any machinery/equipment when taking it, it's best to take it at home.

I hope you are not self medicating, some allergic reactions can lead to death in adverse cases. Please take note, best of luck smiley
Re: Fellow Nl's, Its Really Itching by Hyinkar97(m): 7:07am On Oct 10, 2014
Thanks man... buh when I asked Google, it said it's not an allergic reaction + no drugs will stop the itch. Won't settle for chloroquine anymore.
xcelsia:
Hi there, sorry about your predicament, you're experiencing an allergic reaction. You have to talk to your doctor to prescribe a different type of medication for you, probably one without quinine. Coartem can be considered if it's available at the pharmacy, please verify with your doctor first.
For the active itch, you can take a cold shower or apply methylated powder on your skin. Benadryl tablets can also help with your allergy, it causes drowsiness so please don't drive or operate any machinery/equipment when taking it, it's best to take it at home.
I hope you are not self medicating, some allergic reactions can lead to death in adverse cases. Please take note, best of luck smiley
Thanks man... buh when I asked Google, it said it's not an allergic reaction + no drugs will stop the itch. Won't settle for chloroquine anymore.

(1) (Reply)

A Great Anti-aging Solution For You / 5 Reasons Why Coke Is Bad For Your Health / The Health Benefits Of Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.