Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,435 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Alex Badeh On The Emotional Outburst That Trailed The Condemned Soldiers' Fate. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alex Badeh On The Emotional Outburst That Trailed The Condemned Soldiers' Fate. (1673 Views)

Alex Badeh House In Abuja Seized By The EFCC - Pictured / Men Alleged To Have Trailed Jonathan's Convoy Released From Police Custody (Pic) / Touching Photos: Family Members Of The Condemned Drug Traffickers In Indonesia. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alex Badeh On The Emotional Outburst That Trailed The Condemned Soldiers' Fate. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 09, 2014
The Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal
Alex Badeh, says the military could be
forced into holding field court martial in
the bush, whereby military personnel
sentenced would be killed instantly and
buried in the bush.
This was his comment on the public
reactions that trailed the sentencing of
some military personnel for mutiny.

--------
-Channels.

Now, what are your reactions on this, is it wrong or right to have the erring soldiers tried,exterminated and disposed if found culpable without much hulabaloo than to subject the military's principles and standards to emotional outburst and outcries in the part of civilians, which you and I know is inimical to the potency and efficacy of our army

What are your views on this?
Re: Alex Badeh On The Emotional Outburst That Trailed The Condemned Soldiers' Fate. by Mtoluwase(m): 12:58am On Oct 10, 2014
hmmm
Re: Alex Badeh On The Emotional Outburst That Trailed The Condemned Soldiers' Fate. by overhypedsteve(m): 2:21am On Oct 10, 2014
Why that matured man go talk this kine mumu thing. Chai e dun set for any hungry man wey join army oh! Next year recruitment form wont be sold in the bank them go dey beg people to buy am. Chei this one na correct #BUSHMARTIAL

1 Like

Re: Alex Badeh On The Emotional Outburst That Trailed The Condemned Soldiers' Fate. by Cooleasy(m): 5:44am On Oct 10, 2014
overhypedsteve:
Why that matured man go talk this kine mumu thing. Chai e dun set for any hungry man wey join army oh! Next year recruitment form wont be sold in the bank them go dey beg people to buy am. Chei this one na correct #BUSHMARTIAL
It is not the first time he will talk mumu talk. Remember when he said it in front of the media that they knew where all the chibok girls are. E don tey wey the man don kolo.
Re: Alex Badeh On The Emotional Outburst That Trailed The Condemned Soldiers' Fate. by Pk001(m): 6:22am On Oct 10, 2014
To people above me that are ranting trash.

What do you think should happen to a Nigerian soldier in the Battle field that decides to be passing information to the enemy BokoHaram, in order for his collegues to ambushed and killed?
Or do you think it will be fair to keep and feed the mole among the NA that has led to death of many of his colleagues in the Bush?

I think Bush court martial will not be bad idea, for officers cought red handed as moles. Other softer cases like mutiny can be done using the normal miltary court martialling process.
#MyOpinion
Re: Alex Badeh On The Emotional Outburst That Trailed The Condemned Soldiers' Fate. by NaMe4: 7:39am On Oct 10, 2014
My brother, most of those being sentenced were those who reacted when 'moles' gave out their colleagues to the insurgents.

The 'order' which the court martial intends to maintain is that in which the common man would be prevented from speaking out despite fully bearing the effects of the 'big man's' negative activities, which is a general occurrence in the Nigerian society.

2 Likes

Re: Alex Badeh On The Emotional Outburst That Trailed The Condemned Soldiers' Fate. by enigmang: 9:02am On Oct 10, 2014
Pk001:

What do you think should happen to a Nigerian soldier in the Battle field that decides to be passing information to the enemy BokoHaram, in order for his collegues to ambushed and killed?
Or do you think it will be fair to keep and feed the mole among the NA that has led to death of many of his colleagues in the Bush?

I think Bush court martial will not be bad idea, for officers cought red handed as moles. Other softer cases like mutiny can be done using the [/b]normal miltary court martialling process.
#MyOpinion

Did you just call mutiny a SOFT CASE??
Re: Alex Badeh On The Emotional Outburst That Trailed The Condemned Soldiers' Fate. by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 10, 2014
enigmang:

Did you just call mutiny a SOFT CASE??

That must be a joke in his part. An expensive one per se.
Re: Alex Badeh On The Emotional Outburst That Trailed The Condemned Soldiers' Fate. by agamenon(m): 11:44am On Oct 10, 2014
Those soldiers are oblivious of the consequence of their action befor the action,if nothing is done about their action,what is the implication for Nigeria army.
Re: Alex Badeh On The Emotional Outburst That Trailed The Condemned Soldiers' Fate. by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 10, 2014
NaMe4:
My brother, most of those being sentenced were those who reacted when 'moles' gave out their colleagues to the insurgents.

The 'order' which the court martial intends to maintain is that in which the common man would be prevented from speaking out despite fully bearing the effects of the 'big man's' negative activities, which is a general occurrence in the Nigerian society.

Don't you think this proposed initiative of his is laudable?

I ,at first, wondered why a strictly Militaristic matter of that nature was put before the press and the general public at large. They need not have allowed those Journalists in.

As much as I know, Mutiny is the gravest of crimes in every army of the world . These soldiers knew what the rules are but willed to dare. And then their punishments sparked outrage.

I'm in approbiation with him this time.
If implemented, it will sure instill much more discipline in our troops' system.
Re: Alex Badeh On The Emotional Outburst That Trailed The Condemned Soldiers' Fate. by KnowAll(m): 12:58pm On Oct 10, 2014
Field court marshall at a wimp? A person or soldeir would be accused in d bush, whether he is guilty or not, tried by biased, confused & obsessed mates that one of them is a mole without any material evidence, and finally judged or executed by instant firing squad there & then in d bush whether he is guilty or not.

What can be more jungle justice than this obsene act commited in d jungle? Na wah for our chief of defence staff. Grow up Mr CDC b4 someone accuses u of being a mole & liable to hellfire bullets from an overzealous corporal. cool
Re: Alex Badeh On The Emotional Outburst That Trailed The Condemned Soldiers' Fate. by overhypedsteve(m): 4:56pm On Oct 10, 2014
Pk001:

I think Bush court martial will not be bad idea, for officers cought red handed as moles. Other softer cases like mutiny can be done using the normal miltary court martialling process.
#MyOpinion
bros you don't understand many things so let me pick out one of them and try to make you understand, policies, rules and laws are not made without first of all putting in place the necessary checks to avoid the abuse of this rules ( ultravires) when senior military officers are now given the mandate to be the accuser, the prosecutor the judge of one man right there in the bush there would be a very high likelihood of bias, and my friend the principle Audi auturem partem would be greatly violated how can you try a person without fair hearing before a just and unbiased tribunal (in the case of the military). Do you know what how far this would cost innocent men if it is institutionalized, do not speak to me about the law you think justice is a blind b1tch for nothing the decision of any case must be fair and unbiased case example :: Cooper. V. Wandsworth board of works (1863) Jst. Bytes said " the law of God and man both give the party an opportunity to make his defence if any. I remember to have heard a learned man say that even God himself did not pass sentence on Adam before he was called upon to make his defence"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alex Badeh On The Emotional Outburst That Trailed The Condemned Soldiers' Fate. by juman(m): 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
Those corrupt military leaders are bigger problem to the fight against the insecurity in the country.

(1) (Reply)

Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400 M Luxury Tax Each For Private Jets / ***** Top E-warriors In Political Section - Their Rating ***** / Tonto Dike, Monalisa,mama g etc Addressing Pdp Crowd In Rivers State(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.