Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,472 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) (2333 Views)

Things We Believed While Growing Up / Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child / Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) by e4emma(m): 9:59pm On Oct 09, 2014
could remember those days!
we would pack garri into our pockets, so crunchy. would take mat i mean the
bamboo ones,and simulate smoking, take already smoked ciga nd act plays with
it. follow masquerades till u are lost, almost wound urself in football mtches just
to win a trophy made with tin,bulb nd covered with ciggerete labels, play mummy
nd dadi with the girl u like d most. eat up the seed in already eaten almond fruits. drink
up d remainder from bottle of cocacola when told to return d bottle. fake sickness
because of not wanting to go to school. take first position in school even though we
dont read, i wonder how it was possible.......
the list is endless, but i enjoyed my childhood.

Add yours too....keep the fun!!!
Re: Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 09, 2014
U mean like stealing meat and put in ur pocket??

brb will update mine later lemme ask my moma tongue
Re: Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) by gloryaaa(f): 10:14pm On Oct 09, 2014
Grind chalk nd smoke it...sometimes will even light it

1 Like

Re: Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) by lirusehn(m): 10:41pm On Oct 09, 2014
i was never a kid undecided
Re: Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) by Baddestguyp(m): 10:43pm On Oct 09, 2014
this might make front page
Re: Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) by e4emma(m): 11:48pm On Oct 09, 2014
tongue
lirusehn:
i was never a kid undecided

indeed.....dat means u are still a toddler. ..sowie o...tell mamato change your diappers soon so gbo.
Re: Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) by Nobody: 12:53am On Oct 10, 2014
Film hunting.
Going from house to house looking for where to watch movies.

Playing hide and seek at night.
Firsthand *****experience is gotten from here.
Re: Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) by e4emma(m): 6:39am On Oct 10, 2014
urhoboman:
Film hunting.

True...remember dose tyms, we had black and white TV, wen u are watching power rangers or turtle ninjas, you actually dont know which is which cos d colour were all d same...especially football match then. So for you to really enjoy this programs, u have to go to only house in d street dat has a coloured Tv. and often times u have to stay at d window and peep. And wen u lucky, you get to sit on d floor in front of d Coloured tv itself. on such days, dear u are like a king because u really get first hand experience its better than even cinema...lol wink
urhoboman:
Film hunting.

True...remember dose tyms, we had black and white TV, wen u are watching power rangers or turtle ninjas, you actually dont know which is which cos d colour were all d same...especially football match then. So for you to really enjoy this programs, u have to go to only house in d street dat has a coloured Tv. and often times u have to stay at d window and peep. And wen u lucky, you get to sit on d floor in front of d Coloured tv itself. on such days, dear u are like a king because u really get first hand experience its better than even cinema...lol
Re: Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) by e4emma(m): 6:48am On Oct 10, 2014
Another was wen u get a bottle of fanta (cocacola wasnt our thing then...dnt know y, mayb because its black sa). When u are about to finish gulping it, u take d cover, u use ur teeth to reshape it so dat it will enter the the bottle, then u shake so that it will become more plenty than it was.....and blive u me, i always belived that it works. lol....

Cant forget d eye service fasting too...u fast 4rm home break with biscuit and sweet in sch, clean ur mouth with sand again b4 getting to ur house so ur lips bcoms dry again ...fast continues... d target is d extra ordinary food u get to eat when u are to break. because if u dnt fast, then u wont partake of d special food...so u fast by hook or by crook

1 Like

Re: Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) by gloryaaa(f): 9:45am On Oct 10, 2014
e4emma:
Another was wen u get a bottle of fanta (cocacola wasnt our thing then...dnt know y, mayb because its black sa). When u are about to finish gulping it, u take d cover, u use ur teeth to reshape it so dat it will enter the the bottle, then u shake so that it will become more plenty than it was.....and blive u me, i always belived that it works. lol....

Cant forget d eye service fasting too...u fast 4rm home break with biscuit and sweet in sch, clean ur mouth with sand again b4 getting to ur house so ur lips bcoms dry again ...fast continues... d target is d extra ordinary food u get to eat when u are to break. because if u dnt fast, then u wont partake of d special food...so u fast by hook or by crook
eye service fasting... We were fasting 1 day nahim I go steal fish chop twasnt intentional d fish was in mouth b4 I remembered
Re: Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) by Alubosa: 10:20am On Oct 10, 2014
Removing 3 strands of hair from ur left eyelid, 4 from d right and putting them at d door so dat ur dad or mum can cross it and 4get ur punishable offence grin

For those dat had d priviledge of growing up where outdoor bathroom made of rusted zinc existed.....drilling a hole through d zinc so dat u can peep through when a girl u like (love) is having her bathe shocked

And lastly........table soccer.....family competition as far as d 8th street. No Sega, no Nintendo, no X-box, no Playstation.....my childhood was the best

2 Likes

Re: Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 10, 2014
Hahaha. i remember when my siblings and I used to act movies at home. we would act either sci-fi or action or comedy. We would use our hands as puppets. Gosh. we had very funny storylines with very good use of imaginations. Sometimes, we also sing. We would find anything long that resembles a microphone to use. Very funny moments.
Re: Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) by yuzed(f): 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2014
I remember the days of ten-ten, suwe, change ur style, police and thief, hide and seek and the rest of them. Then we used to run around the school field in order to catch grashopper (Tata) at NNPC staff school Mosimi Sagamu. Those were the gud old days. kiss

1 Like

Re: Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) by gloryaaa(f): 2:50pm On Oct 10, 2014
yuzed:
I remember the days of ten-ten, suwe, change ur style, police and thief, hide and seek and the rest of them. Then we used to run around the school field in order to catch grashopper (Tata) at NNPC staff school Mosimi Sagamu. Those were the gud old days. kiss
den u shud knw tanipe u r my father tanipe u r d daughter ...d mother would naw d cooking food wif sand in a tin

1 Like

Re: Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) by e4emma(m): 3:11pm On Oct 10, 2014
Rememberd one day, we actually went for sallah then at Ijebu Ode. After d ram had been killed, we children take the Horn of d ram and attach it to a stick...its a game we boys play. My own horn had actually been the undefeated Champion (from lagos)in my area...d others saw me like a king as in omo Eko. There was dis boy that comes from no where and he actually defeated me. I was so so mad at losing that i decided i wad going to pay back. so i used a longer stick, well equiped with my horn...and off i left ( thank God d adults were busy cooking d ram and food so no one knew i was gone). I searchedfor this boys house, i thought i used to see him around d next or 3rd street then, and those house really looked alike. After a long time of searching i gave up! it was then i relised that i was lost! i dint know home, i dint know where i was, i knew no where around ijebu. So with my horn in my hand i started crying...after a while i summoned courage and begged one okada man, i explained my predicament to him, and i told him d popular junction i hear my sis call wen we are goin home. i begged him to take me dere dat i would be able to locate home. He then agreed to carry me and my horn. But to my suprise dis guy didnt keep to our plan.he actually took me to my house and openly reported me to the team of uncles and aunties that had been looking around for me. even d boys and girls i have been forming lagos boy for too were there. They all laughed me to scorn....i actually felt like dying that day. anytym i rememba dose days...i can help but laugh..lol.

keep d fun. dnt just read , add yours...a way to relieve ourselves of stress jare

1 Like

Re: Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) by skyladon22(f): 4:23pm On Oct 10, 2014
Alubosa:
Removing 3 strands of hair from ur left eyelid, 4 from d right and putting them at d door so dat ur dad or mum can cross it and 4get ur punishable offence grin

For those dat had d priviledge of growing up where outdoor bathroom made of rusted zinc existed.....drilling a hole through d zinc so dat u can peep through when a girl u like (love) is having her bathe shocked

And lastly........table soccer.....family competition as far as d 8th street. No Sega, no Nintendo, no X-box, no Playstation.....my childhood was the best

I can still remember that removing 3 strands of eyelashes and the end of the pain of removing it, they would still beat the nonsense out of you because they wouldn't forget anything

Also i remember the changing calendar competition on every first day of the month. We used o have like 4 -5 in d house then so at least you must struggle to change one after morning devotion

As i girl i loved table soccer. I used to play it with my brother

We used to ride tyres as well because we didnt have bicycle grin
Re: Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) by smartmom(f): 5:22pm On Oct 10, 2014
I remember the fun of making by force condensed milk by making a thick mixture of peak milk with PLENTY sugar and lick the congealed stuff bit by bit... now I shudder just imagining the sickening sweetness, by force chocolate was a combo of bournvita, sugar and milk grin

I remember the joy of chewing goody goody too yummy
Re: Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) by prettiest1(f): 5:24pm On Oct 10, 2014
Throwing a loosed tooth on top the roof as it will not grow again if thrown into the bush and unfortunately its got swallowed by lizard. Looking back at it now, I wonder why I fell for such supersticious belief.

2 Likes

Re: Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) by smartmom(f): 8:47pm On Oct 10, 2014
prettiest1:
Throwing a loosed tooth on top the roof as it will not grow again if thrown into the bush and unfortunately its got swallowed by lizard. Looking back at it now, I wonder why I fell for such supersticious belief.

Because you were a child! lol

I remember that too. If a rat eats it, your new tooth will be crooked
Re: Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) by smartmom(f): 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
My uncle told me if I swallowed an orange seed, I should expect it to grow into an orange tree on my head. The horror and sleepless nights that gave me eh? Only God will forgive that uncle angry

1 Like

Re: Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) by prettiest1(f): 9:27pm On Oct 10, 2014
smartmom:

Because you were a child! lol

I remember that too. If a rat eats it, your new tooth will be crooked
Lol imagin. There is this other one they said if you point at a tomb your fingers will be bent. The solution is biting your fingers if you mistakenly point at it. Whenever I make such mistake, I will be biting my fingers. Can you imagin this class of foolishness?

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Interpret These Two troubling Dreams For Me / This topic is now closed / My Father-in-law Is Five Years Younger Than Me... But Calls Me Son'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.