Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) (13765 Views)

5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / Things We Believed While Growing Up / Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by xynerise: 2:10pm On Nov 20, 2012
These may sound funny but there is the saying that "Little children have guardian angels with them always". I believe this because I know what I passed through during my childhood days.

If many of us would remember when we play with "drip container" as football, we use to go inside a lagoon to search for this object, and even as try to remove the syringe on it, we mistakenly injured ourselves with it. undecided. We are so naive about STDs and other contagious diseases.

Do u remember when we use to play with condom like it is balloon? undecided. Jesus! *pukes* excuse me.

I remember climbing on a pig just because I saw a man on a horse on T.V. undecided.

Yeah! We use to use rubber band to make catapult and use paper to catapult ourselves grin. I almost had one eye when someone used an iron-like object to "fire" me. undecided.

The "acrobatics" grin. I lost a tooth while showing some skills. grin. "baflit", "steady"etc. grin. One I tried doing baflit on a fence believing that the saw dust on the floor will protect me. I had a fracture that day undecided. *sighs*

Yes! Riding keke and tyre and even competing with cars grin. Use to do that with our newly purchased pants grin. I lost a friend in the process while he tried to cross the road with his molue tyre undecided. Well, maybe he has no guardian angel undecided. There are more. Let me think....

14 Likes

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by member9: 2:18pm On Nov 20, 2012
Nine na daya..
Did all those things. Apart from the condom 1.
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by xynerise: 2:21pm On Nov 20, 2012
Flood was our best friend those days. grin. We use to swim in any kind of water be it black or mouldy. What? U think it was disgusting? U really missed something grin.
When it rains, u will busy swimming in the gutter-like pool when a "shi.t" will pass by you. Damn! undecided. Life undecided.

I remember "white sand" in Orile Iganmu, where we use to catch little fishes and play football. grin.
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by xynerise: 2:27pm On Nov 20, 2012
Flying kites was not safe either cos we use to focus on the kite in the sky without knowing where we step our foot in. Check most nak.ed wires in some ghettos and u will see some evidence of unlucky kite pilots grin.

4 Likes

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by xynerise: 2:38pm On Nov 20, 2012
Michael jackson doesnt have a childhood if he did not experience all these. grin. Have u seen my childhood? grin.

What is the name of this thing o...*thinking*
Yes! "Di gben" grin. Where we use our bigger thumb to hammer someone's pilehole, ouch! That hurts. Be you u male of female we dont even care undecided. I believe some girls were deflowered in the process undecided. We were scared to bend down when we are in public. A friend of mine did it to his sister and she collapsed. undecided

10 Likes

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by xynerise: 2:45pm On Nov 20, 2012
Those days we use to put everything we buy in our pocket. Like kuli-kuli, offio, even bread undecided, fish roll, buns, suya etc. There was a day I was asked to buy utapiapia and used the change to buy kuli-kuli and put both the kuli-kuli and utapiapia in one pocket. undecided. God thank you so much for your love.

6 Likes

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by xynerise: 2:49pm On Nov 20, 2012
cool
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by member9: 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2012
xynerise: Michael jackson doesnt have a childhood if he did not experience all these. grin. Have u seen my childhood? grin.

What is the name of this thing o...*thinking*
Yes! "Di gben" grin. Where we use our bigger thumb to hammer someone's pilehole, ouch! That hurts. Be you u male of female we dont even care undecided. I believe some girls were deflowered in the process undecided. We were scared to bend down when we are in public. A friend of mine did it to his sister and she collapsed. undecided

Collaps! grin grin
Have you tried to remind them of these event recently? They are lucky I am not you.
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by xynerise: 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2012
جيمس بوند:

Collaps! grin grin
Have you tried to remind them of these event recently? They are lucky I am not you.
I dont even know where they are today undecided
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by member9: 3:02pm On Nov 20, 2012
xynerise:
I dont even know where they are today undecided
Have you tried facebook, twitter and all those places?
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by obowunmi(m): 3:03pm On Nov 20, 2012
Used slippers/sandals to imitate wrestling matches with sound effects and all.

2 Likes

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by salex969yhocm: 3:05pm On Nov 20, 2012
am new here,i want to post a topic can smebdy candidly help me out?please!!

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by xynerise: 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2012
salex969@yho.cm:
what section do u want to create a topic? Pls click the section and find help there. You are derailing my thread undecided
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by ayobase(m): 3:13pm On Nov 20, 2012
salex969@yho.cm:

You have definitely posted.
OP...children of these days are missing big time o!
Me wey fit roll tyre from Ejigbo to Isolo during my days with pant....LOL!
Going to swim on one place called koto aye not far from NNPC...I nearly drowned at a time if not for help!
My trusting people started from my childhood, I can follow you to your house (sometimes 1 hour walk). Looking back now...I just thank God....eating up and down also...Hmmm!

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2012
Catapult.. I use to hide in the bushes and fire my Catapult into the road..

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by larrymoore(m): 3:17pm On Nov 20, 2012
Like playing table tennis on d floor. Doing silly game like dad n mum play with secret admirer in d absent of others. And lot more especially 4 those who were in ther teen in d 90s.
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by johndavid1(m): 3:17pm On Nov 20, 2012
Okija_juju: Catapult.. I use to hide in the bushes and fire my Catapult into the road..
seems na Village wey bush full u grow up grin grin grin grin
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by xynerise: 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2012
Those days we used to use bag of garri as vehicle where one person will sit on it and another stronger person will be pulling it on a cemented floor. We did it until the bag will tear to pieces and even affect someone's pant grin.

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by johndavid1(m): 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2012
I use to drive tyre, play Canta ball Baff under the Rain Wit our bells ringing all over the place grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by slimyem: 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2012
..Playing Toofan while jumping from a tree to another over naked fire....
...Playing "baba mi ko le be"...
...there's this other nonsense in which we'll use one hand to pull our eyelashes,and use the other to push out the red part of the eye to act and play blind..dunno what its called..
Na wa!!!

2 Likes

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by asids55: 3:22pm On Nov 20, 2012
acting mumy and dadi
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by TableLeg(m): 3:24pm On Nov 20, 2012
Stole an aircraft and piloted the fuc/ker from MMA to Ijebu Ode to see my nan! undecided
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 20, 2012
OP,no be say u talk am,buh u be serious Ajekpako pikin...climb on a pig?? Damn!
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by dominique(f): 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2012
There was this hospital that dumped its garbage in the bush behind its fence, and that's our 'short cut' route from pry school. Back then we picked used needles and played doctor chasing ourselves with them embarassed. I got pricked a couple of times and we never reported any of these to our folks. Thank God none of us caught tetanus or any horrible infection. I wonder why some kids weren't so lucky like the one that drowned in a soakaway sad
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by chuxon19yahoo(m): 3:29pm On Nov 20, 2012
I WAS SO ADICTED TO SOCCER.PLAYED ON ALL SURFACES,EVEN ON A TARRED ROAD.ALMOST GOT KNOCKED DOWN BY A CAR.
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by handmaid: 3:31pm On Nov 20, 2012
grin@all the posters: WOW
did I hav a childhood?
shocked. M sure i enjoyed my wn way
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Ninilowo(m): 3:32pm On Nov 20, 2012
Table socccer wif counter and cassette reel.
Hidde n seek
Baba mi ko le be
sliding wif slippers
bathing in d rain
okoto
Kele gbee..... mo ta yo.....when u put broom stick in ur hair to reject kelegbe
Driving planks with ball bearings
angere with pangolo...................o ti poju. i pitty children of nowadays. They are too confined. sorry ooooo!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by dominique(f): 3:33pm On Nov 20, 2012
slimyem: ..Playing Toofan while jumping from a tree to another over naked fire....
...Playing "baba mi ko le be"...
...there's this other nonsense in which we'll use one hand to pull our eyelashes,and use the other to push out the red part of the eye to act and play blind..dunno what its called..
Na wa!!!

I tried and tried but i never got to do that! embarassed Maybe my lids are too thin or somn tongue

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by switnjl: 3:35pm On Nov 20, 2012
whenever it rained I would play outside in the puddle of water. what did I know then? now I'm even scared to step out after it has rained because of the live wires which might have fallen down
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by LesbianBoy(m): 3:37pm On Nov 20, 2012
LMAO@ ''Steady'' grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by executinal(m): 3:38pm On Nov 20, 2012
BORISE ANY TIME ANY DAY
WITH TYRE YOU ENTER IN BETWEEN THE HOLE AND SOMEBODY WILL ROLL YOU FROM HILL TO GROUND shocked shocked
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by chux76(m): 3:38pm On Nov 20, 2012
xynerise: Flood was our best friend those days. grin. We use to swim in any kind of water be it black or mouldy. What? U think it was disgusting? U really missed something grin.
When it rains, u will busy swimming in the gutter-like pool when a "shi.t" will pass by you. Damn! undecided. Life undecided.

I remember "white sand" in Orile Iganmu, where we use to catch little fishes and play football. grin.

Omo dis one wey u mention white sand so....U b Omo adugbo?? Me used to be a resident of d Giant of Sari..Mosalasi str....Lol...so u sef catch eja??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

20 Signs She Is A Feminine Woman - Valorforfreedom / Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries / What Can Bring Satisfaction For Couples In Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.