Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Does God Choses Spouse For People - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Choses Spouse For People (2399 Views)

Does God Really "choose" A Spouse For You? / Does God Favor Some People Over Others? / How Does God Talk to People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Choses Spouse For People by apidum(m): 10:00pm On Oct 09, 2014
some people are of the opinion that God choses spouse for people,that if you pray God will show you your spouse. Some men of God tell people that God showed me your spouse but lets reason together if God choses spouse for people who in the bible did he chose a spouse for or are we living in a different age ? happy to see your comment

1 Like

Re: Does God Choses Spouse For People by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 09, 2014
Lemme quickly book space b4 d atheists in d house storm in tongue

1 Like

Re: Does God Choses Spouse For People by apidum(m): 10:18pm On Oct 09, 2014
a fool have said in his heart that there is no God so please leave atheist and comment on the topic

1 Like

Re: Does God Choses Spouse For People by BodyKiss(m): 10:28pm On Oct 09, 2014
apidum:
a fool have said in his heart that there is no God so please leave atheist and comment on the topic

Wise one, it was the same heart/mind you created your God with.

1 Like

Re: Does God Choses Spouse For People by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ok d truth is am not married yet so I can't tell may b d married folks can help us out on this ish tho
Re: Does God Choses Spouse For People by BodyKiss(m): 10:42pm On Oct 09, 2014
Its all in your mind, so what's the point? The answer is yes or no, or both.
Re: Does God Choses Spouse For People by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 09, 2014
Yes i think God shows pple their spouse to b. Although i wont deny d fact dat some so-called men of God are abusing it
Re: Does God Choses Spouse For People by Tattooboy: 11:21pm On Oct 09, 2014
if you believe God chooses your spouse for you then you will believe he chose your shoe, dog, monkey, bracelet etc for you.

God may bless a union but he does not choose a spouse for someone.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Choses Spouse For People by apidum(m): 11:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
God placed the power of choice on man if God did not choose for Abramham,isaac,jacob,moses,peter,david how will God then choose for you

1 Like

Re: Does God Choses Spouse For People by asalimpo(m): 11:52pm On Oct 09, 2014
The bible says a good wife is of the Lord (paraphrase) . God can certainly have an opinion on who a person intends to marry.
Re: Does God Choses Spouse For People by Debeloved87(m): 12:02am On Oct 10, 2014
you can choose for yourself, its no crime, but its better to be spiritually led because marriage is a spiritual phenomenon.

1 Like

Re: Does God Choses Spouse For People by Ajibam: 5:21am On Oct 10, 2014
apidum:
God placed the power of choice on man if God did not choose for Abramham,isaac,jacob,moses,peter,david how will God then choose for you

what's this?
Provide the bible verses that shows that God didn't choose for Abraham, jacob, moses, peter and David.. Was anything recorded about that..
study your bible well!
Re: Does God Choses Spouse For People by ayoku777(m): 6:10am On Oct 10, 2014
God can and should choose a spouse for His children; and we also should deliberately ask Him for such leading and signs.

When Abraham sent his servant to go get a wife for Isaac, the servant prayed to God this way in Gen 24v14;

"And let it come to pass that the damsel to whom I shall say, Let down thy pitcher, I pray thee, that I may drink; and shall say, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also: let the same be SHE THAT THOU (GOD) HAST APPOINTED FOR THY SERVANT"

These scripture shows that there is a HE or a SHE that God has appointed for His children -a destiny partner to help with their God-given assignment. He didn't say "let her be the type of woman you've appoined"; he said "let her be SHE that you have appointed".

They say you don't decide your destiny, you discover it -God decides it. I also believe you don't decide your destiny partner, you discover him or her.

As a christian you should ask God to show you your destiny partner, the one He himself has appointed. And He will answer; He doesn't waste time with such requests, unless you're still young and immature (either physically or spiritually) and He feels there are other things you should be worried about for now. Or unless you are not watchful or sensitive to His witness.

God will answer, He will order your steps or nudge your heart with His witness, or give you a sign or speak to you. This leadings get more specific and unambiguous as you mature.

The reason you need such leading (beyond just the biblical criteria for a partner) is because not every Godly, God-fearing, spirit-filled and led man or woman is for you.

Abraham's servant wasn't just looking for a chaste, God-fearing, hardworking woman; he would have been lost for choice if he was merely looking for that. He was looking for the one God appointed for Isaac -Isaac's destiny partner.

Is it possible to marry someone God did not appoint for you? Well, I believe the reason Abraham's servant prayed that specific prayer was because that mistake is possible. You can marry such a person If you choose based on lustful, carnal, mundane and fleeting human criterias.

Can you make a marriage work even after such a mistake? I believe that with love, patience, forgiveness, tolerance, commitment and God's grace, any marriage can weather any storm, even if you didn't specifically ask God for help in choosing. We've seen unbelievers with model unions that even believers can learn from. But I also believe that there are some storms that arise specifically because of marrying the wrong person not appointed by God for you.

Even so God is awesome and can make all things work together for good, no matter the mistake that led to that issue. If we ask for His help.

But about asking Him to choose for you, I've studied Isaac. It is worthy of note that out of the founding fathers (Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) and the patriachs; only Isaac was not plagued with the polygamy palavar, maid and househelp issue and concubine crisis that was the norm with his fathers and descendants. Isaac ended up marrying just one wife (Rebakah) and didn't sleep with any maid or have any concubine. Unlike Abraham, Jacob, Judah, David, Solomon etc.

I'm not saying if you marry your destiny partner you are guaranteed not to stray, but I believe if you marry your God-appointed destiny partner, it will save you a lot of drama and might even help with (not guarantee) not straying. Because you guys will be compatible in ways and depths you never could have imagined much less foreseen -ways only God could have been responsible for.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Choses Spouse For People by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 10, 2014
correct answer-YES.but Only if you are ready to pay the price to hear from him.
Re: Does God Choses Spouse For People by Kei144(m): 7:25am On Oct 10, 2014
Dux01:
correct answer-YES.but Only if you are ready to pay the price to hear from him.

Very accurate response!

1Sa. 2:30 “Therefore the LORD, the God of Israel, declares: `I promised that your house and your father’s house would minister before me for ever.’ But now the LORD declares: `Far be it from me! Those who honour me I will honour, but those who despise me will be disdained.
Re: Does God Choses Spouse For People by RikoduoSennin(m): 11:04am On Oct 10, 2014
asalimpo:
The bible says a good wife is of the Lord (paraphrase) . God can certainly have an opinion on who a person intends to marry.

Try reading that scripture from another bible translation.

According to you, if God choose "good" wife for his servants what about the many "bad" wives millions get married to. Is it the same God that chose those women for them?

"HE that FINDETH a good wife, FINDETH a good thing and obtaineth FAVOR from the LORD".

Apart from Adam, Isaac and probably one other prophet in bible- others chose their wives either "good" or "bad" themselves. Majority wins the vote, these few are more like exceptions.
Re: Does God Choses Spouse For People by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 10, 2014
If you believe God chooses spouses for people,you then also believe in predestination.
The passage someone quoted in Genesis is ;
Genesis 24:14 And let it come to pass, that the damsel to whom I shall say, Let down thy pitcher, I pray thee, that I may drink; and she shall say, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also: let the same be she that thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac; and thereby shall I know that thou hast shewed kindness unto my master.

If you believe that God has appointed life partners for people then you are a believer of predestination.
And you therefore believe that your God destined people to life or destruction and therefore no one is responsible for his/her action. i.e God is responsible.
Re: Does God Choses Spouse For People by apidum(m): 1:18pm On Oct 10, 2014
if God chooses spouse why don't he choose what you study in school or the number of children you give birth to remember the bible says HE THAT FINDETH A WIFE FINDETH A GOOD THING AND OBTAINS FAVOUR FROM THE LORD

1 Like

Re: Does God Choses Spouse For People by ayoku777(m): 3:16pm On Oct 10, 2014
TheIndustrialist:
If you believe God chooses spouses for people,you then also believe in predestination.
The passage someone quoted in Genesis is ;
Genesis 24:14 And let it come to pass, that the damsel to whom I shall say, Let down thy pitcher, I pray thee, that I may drink; and she shall say, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also: let the same be she that thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac; and thereby shall I know that thou hast shewed kindness unto my master.

If you believe that God has appointed life partners for people then you are a believer of predestination.
And you therefore believe that your God destined people to life or destruction and therefore no one is responsible for his/her action. i.e God is responsible.

Is predestination not in the bible? Predestination is also a scriptural doctrine.

Romans 8v29 -For whom He did foreknow, He also did PREDESTINATE to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the first born among many brethren.

Ephesians 1v5 -Having PREDESTINATED us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of His will.

Ephesians 1v11 -In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being PREDESTINATED according to the purpose of Him who worketh all things after the counsel of His own will.

Ephesians 2v10 -For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, WHICH GOD HAD BEFORE ORDAINED that we should walk in them.

All this scriptures buttress predestination.

Revelation 17v8 also talks about names not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world. Even Jesus was called "The lamb slain from the foundation of the world." -Rev 13v8

Also 1Peter 1v19-20 -But with the precious blood of Christ, as of the lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was FOREORDAINED before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you.

But one thing I've also noticed is that predestination is not cast in iron. It is not without the consent of our own freewill. Let me explain what I mean.

Even though Christ's suffering and death was foreordained before the foundation of the world; He still said in Matthew 26v53 -

Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and He shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

So if He had prayed to be delivered from suffering and death, the Father would have respected His Son's choice and saved Him, even though that would have been contrary to predestination and what was foreordained for Him.

The bible also said in Rev 17v8 that names are written in the book of life since the foundation of the earth (which implies to preordained unto eternal life). But Jesus also warned in

Rev 3v5 -He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life...

So names written in the book of life since the foundation of the world can be blotted out, if a man stops believing in Christ.

This four scriptures and a few others like it, shows me that predestination is not cast in iron.

Meaning it is possible for a man by his choices to refuse to accomplish or attain to something he was predestined for; something he was foreordained since the foundation of the earth to do, receive or attain.

1 Like

Re: Does God Choses Spouse For People by ayoku777(m): 3:19pm On Oct 10, 2014
apidum:
if God chooses spouse why don't he choose what you study in school or the number of children you give birth to remember the bible says HE THAT FINDETH A WIFE FINDETH A GOOD THING AND OBTAINS FAVOUR FROM THE LORD

Well is that not how we should live? For us to live in Christ and Christ in us? For our will and choices to be entirely immersed and baptised in His own. Is that not the essence of true christianity?

That was how Jesus lived and walked when He was on the earth. He was in the Father and the Father was in Him so much that He said in

John 5v19 -Verily verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He seeth the Father do: for what thing soever He doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

John 5v30 -I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge; and my judgment is just.

John 5v28 -Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am He, and that I do nothing of myself.

I strongly believe if we really did live like this, the scenario you describe up there will be our life's experience. Our ways, our thoughts and our action will all be in sync with his own ways, thoughts and actions. And yes, including what you studied in school and the number of children you give birth to.

But as I said before, God is sovereign and awesome. If and when we go our own way and return; He is still powerful enough to make all things work together for good according to His will.

1 Like

Re: Does God Choses Spouse For People by Yossykit: 3:19pm On Oct 10, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

Try reading that scripture from another bible translation.

According to you, if God choose "good" wife for his servants what about the many "bad" wives millions get married to. Is it the same God that chose those women for them?

"HE that FINDETH a good wife, FINDETH a good thing and obtaineth FAVOR from the LORD".

Apart from Adam, Isaac and probably one other prophet in bible- others chose their wives either "good" or "bad" themselves. Majority wins the vote, these few are more like exceptions.
infact, it was only Adam and he eventually blamed God. Isaac married the wil of his father, God only guide the servant who chose the wife, wen God wnted to punish the children of israel God told hosea to marry an harlot. The names of her children represent the punishment of the israelites but still God was not specific, so hosea jst married any harlot. Paul's teaching emphasized marrying a christian u love. Two things involved: a born again xtian and love. Even atimes individual atitude matters a lot. Eve was chosen, but she bleeped up, saul did dsame tin, Rebeca did not eat the fruit of her labour. So i dnt really believe dat God match-make o bcus it has no basis in the bible and bible is my own standard of living.

1 Like

Re: Does God Choses Spouse For People by cisse7575(m): 4:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
a nigerian spiritual Healer
that Provide Services For Spiritual Healing,
Herbal Healing,
Native Healing,
Spell Casting Services
And solves most problems with sicknesses failed
by other doctors and healers by using the power
of the Holy Quran. i'm an experience in treating
and solving most problems
and complications affecting the majority of people
among the populations in Nigeria . If you have
been suffering with a lot of difficulties and blinded
by not knowing what to do about it ,It is time to
give your self a question that why others are
happy and successful all the time in their lives
while you are not? No matter whatever cultural
background or religious believer you are, but as
long as you’re
a human being this can be the solution of your
problem. BELOW ARE our SERVICES
Prayer from the holy Quran to take away bad luck
& give good luck in life
Fix broken relationships, marriages
Treat pregnancy problems
Fight evil , witchcraft , ghost, bad spell, Curses,
Nightmares & cleans homes.
Bring back lost lover, families, Friends, wealth
& properties
Makes court cases ,divorces , bad debts to
disappear.
Herbs for losing weight
Solve financial and domestic difficulties
Payer to bring back stolen goods.
Sale quick potions to boost
customers in business.
Gain promotions at work place.
Make your admired partner to be yours.
Prayer that can make you have a good
job.
Stop someone to interfere in your love
relationship & family.
Mixtures of herbs for intimate weakness.
Herbs to enlarge your intimate system to
satisfy your partner.
Cure long illnesses.
Treat intimate transmitted infections quickly.
Lucky prayer to increase your wealthy.
Powerful herbs for curing early expulsion.
Work to protect away from car
robbers,hijacker , properties attacks Etc….
Is your husband having an affairs and you
suspect him to cheat on you or a wife?
Is he or she weak in bed or stingy with money?
doesn’t he or she want to give you what you ask
for?
Is there some body jealous with your relationship
and try to separate you? especially relatives?
Is your partner delaying your marriage or don’t
want to give you a child.
I also have the mixed remedies to cure defiant
diseases like:- Asthma, Diabetes, Blood pressure,
long
illnesses, Cancer, lung infection, and many more.

(1) (Reply)

Jay-z: ‘jesus Is Fake News; Lucifer Is Way Of Truth And Light’ / Why Is Christianity Divided With So Many Denomination Unlike Muslim. / Appropriated Responses To A Dumb Mutt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.