Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Ghanaian Food Or Nigerian Food? What Is The Best! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ghanaian Food Or Nigerian Food? What Is The Best! (3624 Views)

What Food Or Pill Will I Take To Have Big bubs/butt. / Nigerian Food (Pictures Only) / Nigerian Food One Can Eat To Add Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghanaian Food Or Nigerian Food? What Is The Best! by John80: 11:54am On Nov 11, 2008
I'm Nigerian, but I love the Ghanaian peanut soup, I found this website http://www.ghanaianrecipes.com and made the recipe.

does anyone know how to make the nigerian style?

Ingredients
# salt and pepper, to taste
# 2 large onions, finely chopped
# 4 large very ripe tomatoes or
# 13 ounces canned tomatoes
# 6 1/2 ounces creamy peanut butter
# 3 1/2 pints boiling water
# red chilies, to taste
# 4-8 mushrooms
# Meat - Any meat of your choice, pork, beef, fish or chicken.

Directions

1. Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water, peel off the skin and blend the flesh to a smooth juice. If using canned tomatoes, blend. Cut the meat into small pieces, wash and season with salt, garlic and chopped shallots. Add a little water, put it on the fire and allow to boil for about 10 minutes.
2. Put the peanut butter into a big bowl, add 3/4 pt. of the boiling water and use a wooden spoon or a blender to blend the peanut butter and water carefully together to form a creamy, smooth sauce.
3. Mix together the tomatoes, peanut butter mixture, red chilies and mushrooms.
4. Continue to simmer, stirring only occasionally to prevent the food sticking to the bottom of the pan. This is now the basic soup.
5. Pour the rest of the boiling water into the soup and simmer slowly on medium heat for 20 mins or so.

This Ghanaian recipe soup is usually served with FUFU, an Akan dumpling made from yams, plantinas, cassava or even processed potato flakes. The FuFu should sit like an island in a sea of soup.This is a dish that is traditionally eaten with your fingers - even the soup!!

Enjoy more recipes to follow!
Re: Ghanaian Food Or Nigerian Food? What Is The Best! by jovi: 11:21pm On Jul 15, 2009
pls howdou make shito sauce?, i love it!!
Re: Ghanaian Food Or Nigerian Food? What Is The Best! by mohawkchic(f): 8:27pm On Jul 16, 2009
~What recipe or Method is used to cook Naija Peanut Butter Soup?

~The Ghanian recipe is the same as Sierra Leone's "Groundnut Soup" w/ the exception of the mushroom which is optional i suppose!

~Our Groundnut soup is eaten w/ Rice tho. . there are variations of how the rice is cooked!

~Plain Rice
~Okra Rice: A couple of Okra is added to the rice before boiling
~"Check" Rice:I think they use some sort of leaves/spinach that makes it green

~Cud be some flks eat groundnut soup w/ fufu in S/L but it's not common!
Re: Ghanaian Food Or Nigerian Food? What Is The Best! by Fhemmmy: 9:35pm On Jul 16, 2009
Ofcourse Nija food, but i love their Kelewele {dont know how to spell it sh} and how the boil their meat for it with the egg.
Their banku stinks and smells bad
Kenke looks ugly with the fish thing
Re: Ghanaian Food Or Nigerian Food? What Is The Best! by savanaha: 9:36pm On Jul 16, 2009
jovi:

OMG I want to know as well. It is amazing
Re: Ghanaian Food Or Nigerian Food? What Is The Best! by ifyalways(f): 7:19pm On Jul 17, 2009
I love their light soupand Kontenmere(sp) best.
I also eat Iced kenke,Fante donkwunu,Ordinary kenke and palaver sauce.
@Fhemmy,so u know kelewele?lol kelewele with groundnuts are kiss
Re: Ghanaian Food Or Nigerian Food? What Is The Best! by oyinda3(f): 6:26am On Jul 20, 2009
jovi:

yea i want to know as well. shito is da bomb.
i get it from the store but i want to learn how to make it on my own

(1) (Reply)

Price slash! Catering at N800 per head! / Can Wheat Flour Be Prepared For Drinking? / Simplest Snack You Can Make With Flour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.