Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? (1458 Views)

That Trait You Inherited From Your Parent. / What Is That Special Trait You Inherited From Your Parents? / Funny Things You Inherited From Your Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by simplyOJ(m): 11:11am On Oct 10, 2014
Thinking back when I was a kid under the care of my parents brings a back rush of mixed feelings of excitement, joy, grief etc.

Now as an adult, I see myself carrying out similar or exact qualities I gained from my dad to my own family. My dad (God bless his soul) was a military man, so you could say I was a FULL TIME Barrack boy (the experience gained cannot be bought from the market)

For instance, my dad was a family man. No matter how little an item he was offered in his various outings, especially if it has to be something to eat, he developed an attidude of ensuring that we the kids at home have some peice of the action. He just knew how to get across to his family, no matter how small. This has rubbed off on me to the extent that I normally losses apetite anytime am presented with those packaged foods served at meetings and the urge to get home and share with my family increases. I will be dropping other of such qualities from time to time, but in the mean time for those of us reading this piece, can you confidently tell us any such quality(ies) you may have inherited from either of your parents? And if you are now a parent, what would you want your own kids to take from you and improve upon?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by cushycute(f): 11:18am On Oct 10, 2014
Patience from Mum. Carefree attitude from DadM. Not cursing from both.
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by prettiest1(f): 11:23am On Oct 10, 2014
A captivated smile from my mama.
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 10, 2014
Awesome cleanliness and personal hygiene from my Mum. And humility from my Dad. That's sums it Up.
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by Ekiseme(m): 11:40am On Oct 10, 2014
Their truthfulness is what i wish i could inherit cry
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by simplyOJ(m): 12:06pm On Oct 10, 2014
Ekiseme:
Their truthfulness is what i wish i could inherit cry
Ah! Am with you on this one. My mum will look you in the eye in tell you straight no matter who you are. (Chai like arrow straight to the heart).
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by Winny28(f): 12:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
Giving to the less privileged just like my late father.
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by simplyOJ(m): 12:14pm On Oct 10, 2014
Ceasar1:
Awesome cleanliness and personal hygiene from my Mum. And humility from my Dad. That's sums it Up.
Got this one from my dad. Whenever he does the washing of the convinience area, he practically deeps his hand with the sponge and scrub inside of the the tiolet sit. It would take us some few hours as kids before we can begin to collect anything eat-able from his hands. Lol. Kai! Good old days. Bless your soul dad, you're the best.
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by Pavore9: 5:14pm On Oct 10, 2014
Being hospitable and easy to relate with.
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by Varagous(f): 6:06pm On Oct 10, 2014
m a mixed breed of how they spend; my dad is extravagant while my mum is economical..... i av learnt to strike a balance.
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by MabraO: 7:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
Don't even know undecidedmust we pick something from our parents?
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 10, 2014
From my dad, I inherited the way he talks with people with humour. From my Mom, i inherited the same thing you inherited from your dad. smiley
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by iceberylin(m): 8:22pm On Oct 10, 2014
Ĩ ĨŃĤĔŔĨŤĔĎ ĤÚMŐŔ ŦŔŐM MŶ ĎÁĎ grin
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by simplyOJ(m): 9:04pm On Oct 10, 2014
MabraO:
Don't even know undecidedmust we pick something from our parents?
Lol Ok. What of grandma or grandpa or probably someone you look up to. May be ofcourse you didn't grow up under either of them. There must have been something that may have rubbed off on you from them.
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by MabraO: 9:10pm On Oct 10, 2014
simplyOJ:

Lol Ok. What of grandma or grandpa or probably someone you look up to. May be ofcourse you didn't grow up under either of them. There must have been something that may have rubbed off on you from them.

Me no know oh
Well said at the bolded
But still didn't pick from grandma or grandpa
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by simplyOJ(m): 9:16pm On Oct 10, 2014
MabraO:

Me no know oh
Well said at the bolded
But still didn't pick from grandma or grandpa
I understand.
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by otukpo(f): 9:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
Honesty, hardwork and uprightness from my mom
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by Emmyk(m): 6:37am On Oct 11, 2014
Sense of humour from my dad.
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 11, 2014
Dad:
- Great sense of humor
- Being overly meticulous
- Being able to plan way ahead of time
- Saving culture
- Honesty
- Discipline
- Independence and making do with what one has
- Hardwork

Mum:
- Nothing.
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by STENON(f): 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2014
My Dad...Humility and Self control.

My Mum....Optimistic and intelligence.
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 11, 2014
From my mum - attentive to people, kind, extremely dependable, selfless, considerate, respectful, extravagant (tongue), sympathetic.

From my dad - assertive, will-not-take-crap attitude, good sense of humour, love for literature and Sociology, disciplined, good planner, big-hearted (will apologize to you when he offends you), family-oriented, VERY EMOTIONAL, speaks his mind (sometimes raw and undiluted!), lover of justice.
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by Wolef7(m): 7:21pm On Oct 11, 2014
Reserved nature from Dad.
Easygoing and the meticulous from Mum.
I'm a really cool hybrid.....
#TeamSophia
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by Tvegas(m): 12:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
I learnt hospitality and hard work from mama.
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by SisiNini(f): 12:58pm On Oct 12, 2014
Intelligence, Discipline and Confidence from Dad; Beauty from Mum... Back then in d Uni, some of my friends call me BB (Beauty and Brain)... #Lol...

Tho, I inherited some weaknesses too... #May_God_Help_Me
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by simplyOJ(m): 2:52pm On Oct 12, 2014
Parents do have a lot of influence on their kids. Kids most times take what they see you do than what you instruct them to do. I noticed this vividly in a neighbor's son. The mother answers phone with aggression, you could clearly hear whatever she is discussing while on phone.

On this particular day, her phone rang according to what the husband recounted. She happened not to be close by but their 6year old son was. He picked up the phone yelling hello!hello!! In quick succession and with a loud voice. This got the mother irritated and she yelled at the boy only to be reminded by her husband that the innocent boy was only re-enacting what he has always seen his mother do. From that day, your guess is as good as mine. As parents, we are mirror to our kids and that's why many of us today could still appreciate those laudable character we may have inherited from our parents.
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by enohorglo(f): 5:26pm On Oct 12, 2014
Being financially independent as a lady and hard work, these I learnt from my mom
Re: What Is The Best Character You Have Inherited From Either Of Ur Parents? by enohorglo(f): 5:39pm On Oct 12, 2014
Hard work and being financially independent from my mom

(1) (Reply)

If You Could Offer A Newborn Child Only One Piece Of Advice, What Would It Be? / My Late Mum / Unbelievable! Man Abandons Wife And Marries His Mother- In-law (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.