Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) (10099 Views)

Just Wedded...a Play / The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) / Sequel To "without A Silver Spoon" By Eddie Iroh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by Costlybabe: 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2014
I'm in love with you,oops d story I mean

1 Like

Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
more grace to ur elbow
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by charijee(f): 9:51am On Oct 18, 2014
Patrick and Clara.....two different worlds coming together to form one unified world
The Lord is your strength writer
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by Mercylee: 11:59am On Oct 28, 2014
Is this story abandoned or what Is this story abandoned or what
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by onosj(f): 7:02pm On Oct 28, 2014
Oga Dom wetin dey happen na, no update.
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by bibie01(f): 10:56pm On Oct 28, 2014
Nice play Dom, I always love to read from you. Thank you.
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2014
peeled
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 4:05pm On Oct 30, 2014
Mama: Where are you from my dear and what do you do?

Patrick: She is from (Mama Cuts in)

Mama: Let the lady speak! Patrick. (Patrick raises his hand in surrender)

Clara: I am from ebem in Ohafia Local government area of Abia state ma

Mama: hmm, Ohafia! Strange People, your people are more attached to the maternal lineage than paternal lineage; you have well to do and influential people in Ohafia, so who is your Parent?

Patrick: Haba Mama! Is this a job interview or what? Take it easy nah!

Clara: My father is in the Army while my Mother is a medical Doctor at a Military Hospital in Jaji Kaduna

Mama: Wao! Far away, Kaduna? So why are you in Lagos?

Patrick: hey! Mama it’s okay, it is okay, you cannot know everything about her in an hour, won’t you entertain her? You just sat her down interrogating her like a suspect instead of showing her some hospitality!

Mama: Oh sorry my dear! My bad! (She stands up) what would you like my dear? Alcohol, or soft drink?

Clara: Soft ma

Patrick: And Alcohol for your Son o! (Mama Exits) well, that is my mother for you; she can quiz you for hours till saliva dries in her mouth.

Clara: So what is with you and the woman that just left angrily?

Patrick: oh mama Ada? Ada and I used to date that’s all, all my Mothers friends wanted me to marry their daughters. The truth is that my elder ones all married daughters and Sons of our family friends but I dare to be different. It is a resolution I made long ago.

Clara: hmm pat I am getting scared o! My parent do not know your parent, would your Mother accept me? What are my chances?

Patrick: Don’t worry my dear, do not try to impress my mother, in any way, she hates high service so just be your normal self, I know she will like you else I would have tutored on what to say and how to act before her but I did not do that because you are a natural. Anyone who does not like you is definitely not well.

(Enters Mama and Ngozi with a tray containing two Chilled bottle of Amstel Malta and Heineken beer and two glass cups. Ngozi drops the Tray on the centre table and exits) mama the mama! So you have not forgotten my brand of beer? Mama you are too much!

Mama: All my Sons and their father drink Heineken beer! My dear hope you don’t mind Amstel malta?

Clara: It is actually my favorite drink ma, because of the low sugar content. Thank you, ma.

Mama: but do you take alcohol sometimes my dear?

Patrick: This one? For where? Mama, Clara is a born again Christian o!

Clara: no ma! I don’t do alcohol at all.

Mama: o yeah! You are born again? So what are you doing with a devil like my Son? Do you want him to corrupt you?

Clara: (Laughs) Well, mama sometimes I ask myself the same question, but he has promised to change and he is trying.

Mama: And if he does not change, what will you do?

Clara: If he does not desist from womanizing, I will leave him!

Mama: Even after the marriage?

Clara: even after the marriage ma!

MamasadMama Collects the malt and a glass from the tray and places on a side stool by Clara, she opens the crown cork while Patrick collects the bottle of Heineken, opens the cork and drinks straight from the bottle) I like you, I like your guts and you confidence! You remind me of myself when I was your age. Patrick is just like my husband, his father, very adventurous with the ladies, he smokes, he drinks and he womanizes, I had several competitors but he eventually settled for me.
Patrick will change, just like his Father did, but it all depends on you!

Clara: me? How ma!

Mama: Let him always have a reason to come back home after work, make yourself sexually attractive to him always, look at me! (She stretches out her hands and looks herself over) who would believe I am over seventy years of age? The funniest thing is that I do not even feel seventy! I feel like a thirty year old Lady. If he loves beer, then make sure you always have beer in the refrigerator, if you do not cook well, get a catering lesson and improve on your cooking, use good deodorants and perfumes so that your smell will always linger in his mind even when you are not there. Make it a duty to know his friends and their wives invite them over for meals occasionally and visit them too.
I will not advise you to be a nag even though you do not look like one but sometimes it is necessary to nag so as to get their attention. Excuse me please
(Mama walks towards the Bar cabinet and pours herself glass of brandy. Clara looks at Patrick and Chuckles)
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 4:07pm On Oct 30, 2014
Clara: Mama, you drink alcohol?

Mama: Yes my dear, do you want some? You can mix it with the malt you know, it is a nice blend!

Clara: no o! I don’t want, thank you.

Mama: A little alcohol is good for an old Lady once in a while, more over, I am happy with what my Son has done today. Cheers! (They cling glasses together) to long life! And to good health!

Patrick: Mama,Clara’s father is a Major general in the Army

Mama: wao! It would be nice to have another military in-law in the family, one of my daughters is married to a naval commander. Well so you see the more reason you have to treat Clara right!

Patrick: What do you mean mama?

Mama: If you make her cry and she cries to her Dad, be sure that some unknown Soldiers will visit you, and if you want to know what unknown soldiers can do , go and listen to Fela Anikulapo’s Album “Unknown Soldier”

Clara: (Laughing) ha! Mama! No more unknown Soldiers o! We are in a democratic era now.

(Ngozi approaches and stands before mama)

Mama: Ngozi ogini kwanu? What is the matter?

Ngozi: Madam Bukola and her daughter are around.

Mama: Okay let them in, em em, which of the daughters is she with?

Ngozi: That fine yellow one wey dey follow Oga Patrick.

Patrick: (Jumps up) Chai! It is Iyabo o!

Clara: (Laughing) Another victim of yours abi?

Patrick: (pacing to and fro) Why are they all visiting you today na mama? Or is this a set up?

Mama: it is a coincidence! Ngozi please let them come inside. (Ngozi leaves)

Patrick: mama please I will be inside the room, Clara please come with me! ( He turns and walks briskly towards the room, Clara stands up to follow him)

Mama: Coward! Clara, sit down there! Is this the kind of man you want to get married to? A coward, that runs off when a difficult situation confronts him? How long is he going to keep running? (Patrick turns mid way and returns)

Patrick: Mama I am confused! And this Iyabo is a mad girl! I don’t want anything like embarrassment for Clara!

(Enters Mrs Bukola and her daughter Iyabo. Iyabo rushes towards Patrick and jumps on him, hugging and kissing, Patrick is reluctant, Iyabo steps back with shock at Patrick’s coldness, and she looks coldly at Clara)
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by charijee(f): 5:20pm On Oct 30, 2014
Interesting!!!
Next person to come will be Madam Hauwa with her daughter, Aisha.....lol
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by onosj(f): 5:47pm On Oct 30, 2014
Hahahahaha? Patrick look at what u put urself. Pls sir am asking 4 more.
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 9:01am On Oct 31, 2014
peeled
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
ACT 5 SCENES 1

(Patrick’s house: he is dressing up for an occasion, he moves to and from the sitting room as he dresses up, two teenage boys are in the sitting room with him)

Patrick: boy! Emeka, how do I look?

Emeka: Uncle you are good to go! You know you are the best dressed man in the world! You can never get it wrong.

Patrick: (Pleased with himself) mekus mekus! You are my man! Thank you!

Emeka: But Uncle today is Sunday! Are you going to work today?

Patrick: my Boy! Where do People go to on Sunday mornings?

Second Boy: Church! Uncle, are you going to Church?

Patrick: (Laughs) Onyekachi are you surprised? Even me I am surprised too , but that is the truth, someone is inviting me to church today!

Onyekachi: then it must be a woman!

Patrick: kachi! Are you a prophet? This must have been revealed to you by the holy spirit! You are right my boy!

Emeka: Uncle, no one needs a spirit to know that only a woman can make you do unusual things.

Patrick: what is unusual about going to church?

Onyekachi: nothing ordinarily! But for you it is very unusual! I have never seen or heard of you going to church. So which Church is she taking you to?

Patrick: I don’t know o! But Church na Church I beg! Any one she takes me to is okay by me.

Onyekachi: This woman must be a good woman, but I feel sorry for her.

Patrick: sorry for her? Why nah kachi?

Onyekachi: because you will soon spoil her, she will start doing like the other women you go out with, those women that dress half naked and drink a lot.

Patrick: Am I that bad? Kachi!

Emeka: Uncle, you are bad but I love you! I want to be like you!

Patrick: Mekus! Don’t let your mother hear that from you o! else you will never come here for holidays again. Hope you guys don’t tell her all you see here?

Emeka: No Uncle, I am a guy nah!

Patrick: My Guy, my guy! Give me a high five joor!

Onyekachi: uncle, I would like to go to Church with you!

Emeka: me too Uncle

Patrick: oya oya! Go and take your bath and dress up before my wife arrives!

Emeka and Kachi: your wife?

Patrick: Go and bath and dress up joor! (Kids scamper out of the sitting room, Patrick begins to whistle and dance to the tune as he knots his tie) Baba! Baba Cook! (He calls out. An elderly man walks in dressed as a Chef) Baba please do you have a bible?

Baba: Of course sir, I have three Bibles, what do you need a bible for sir?

Patrick: I am going to church

Baba: For wedding anniversary or what?

Patrick: Baba, please give me a bible is all I ask of thee!

Baba: Okay which version do you prefer?

Patrick: What do you mean by which version? And what are you doing with three bibles?

Baba: I have a “king James version” the “new international version” and the “new American Bible”!

Patrick: What are you doing with American Bible? What of new African bible?

Baba: Nothing like new African Bible sir, though we have bible translated into some African languages.

Patrick: Baba please give me a Bible that I can read and understand! Any Bible would do! Imagine only you having three bibles while I have none! Are you a pastor?

Baba: I will get you the new international version, it is easier to comprehend.

Patrick: Thank you! Just give me a Bible! (Baba exits, there is a knock at the door)
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by crislyn(f): 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2014
Lols.

1 Like

Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by Jeanfortune(f): 1:00pm On Oct 31, 2014
i couldnt help laugh at the last update, New African Bible indeed!

1 Like

Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by charijee(f): 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2014
Yaaagaaa!!! So very funny
Patrick has suffered o
Thanks DOMA
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by Beckytee(f): 7:40pm On Oct 31, 2014
Wow! You are gud,I love the story line. More battery to ur phone abi na Data I go pray for. Weldon
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by missuniverse(f): 8:36pm On Oct 31, 2014
pato patio
lol

well done Dom
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by missuniverse(f): 8:36pm On Oct 31, 2014
pato pato
lol

well done Dom
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by dunblessing: 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2014
dis patrick nah my man tumb up. U are gud ma keep it up more update b4 sleeping ooooo
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 9:30pm On Oct 31, 2014
peeled
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 10:36pm On Oct 31, 2014
missuniverse:
pato patio
lol

well done Dom
Thanks missuniverse! thanks for ur time
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 10:37pm On Oct 31, 2014
dunblessing:
dis patrick nah my man tumb up. U are gud ma keep it up more update b4 sleeping ooooo
No wahala Blessing! I don drop am for u.
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 10:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
Beckytee:
Wow! You are gud,I love the story line. More battery to ur phone abi na Data I go pray for. Weldon
Thanks Becky! Lovely eyes you have got!
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 10:40pm On Oct 31, 2014
charijee:
Yaaagaaa!!! So very funny
Patrick has suffered o
Thanks DOMA

Thanks Charijee. Is that ur Baby on your profile? roftl!
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by charijee(f): 6:53am On Nov 01, 2014
DOMAWOLEYE:

Thanks Charijee. Is that ur Baby on your profile? roftl!
Yeah that's my cutie......she seems to be making waves recently.....good morning
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by Beckytee(f): 7:38am On Nov 01, 2014
DOMAWOLEYE:

hmmm! Thanks
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by Beckytee(f): 7:38am On Nov 01, 2014
DOMAWOLEYE:

hmmm! Thanks and Happy new month
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by onosj(f): 3:23pm On Nov 01, 2014
Iyabo marriage nah by force, abeg go look 4 ur own joor! D Boss i say weldone.
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 8:54pm On Nov 01, 2014
(Patrick yawns and slumps into s Couch, pulls his shoes, unbuckles his belt and loosens his tie, and begins to flip through the Bible Clara picks up the shoes and tie and takes it into the room. Baba comes out with a Tray containing a bottle of Heineken beer and a glass Cup, he places it on a side stool by Patrick. Patrick looks at the beer, then looks at the Bible he is reading)

Patrick: Not now Baba, maybe later in the evening.

Baba: Okay sir! (He lifts up the Tray and dances off singing “O se o Jesun”)

(Clara returns wearing one of Patrick’s T shirts, it is over sized but it suits her well, she sits on the arm rest of Patrick’s Couch)

Patrick: sweet heart, please tell me the truth, did you tell that your Pastor anything about me?

Clara: of course not Pat, he doesn’t even know you exist. Why?

Patrick: The Guy was just attacking me in the Church as if he knew me before! He kept picking on all my deeds!

Clara: That is a good sign Pato! It means you got something out of the sermon!

Patrick: No! no! My dear, it is the sermon that got something out of me!

Clara: and what is it?

Patrick: fear! It brought out fear that eventually turned to remorse!

Clara: Then why did you not go out for the alter call?

Patrick: I was ashamed, I actually wanted to go, my spirit was willing but my flesh was weak! I also was suspecting that you had a hand in the topic the man preached.

Clara: I can never do such a thing Pat, never! But please do not be ashamed to submit to God so that God will not be ashamed of you on the last day.

Patrick: yes! The last day! Are you sure you are not in conspiracy with that Pastor? Because he kept hammering on the last day as if it is tomorrow! He got me scared men! (Emeka and Kachi comes in singing a gospel tune, interrupting the Couple’s discussion)

Emeka: Aunty please sing for us nah!

Onyekachi: yes Aunty sing “Awesome God” for us

Emeka: No! I don’t want that one. Sing “Miracle worker”

Patrick: Hey! Hey! Oya leave here! Go and meet baba to sing for you! Can’t you Guys see that we are discussing?

(They both run towards the Kitchen singing "O se o Jesun"wink

Patrick: sweat heart, I am tired of all these frivolities I indulge in, I want to change, I really want to be a better man, a responsible man, I want to be a good Christian! I never knew Church could be this exciting! And sweet heart, what a wonderful singer you are, you made me proud when you handled the microphone and you sent the whole church to heaven with voice1 I was so proud of you, I could not help but tell those around me that we are getting married soon!

Clara: (Laughing out loud) you did? Do you know those you told?

Patrick: I don’t know them, but at least now they know me (Laughs out loud) but on a serious note darling, please come and teach me how to be closer to God and be a happy man.

Clara: (Kneels and pulls Patrick by the hand, he kneels too) Close your eyes and say after me

Patrick: Okay ma!

Clara: Lord Jesus!

Patrick: Lord Jesus!

Clara: I come before you today as a poor wretched sinner (Patrick repeats)
I am not worthy to be before your presence for I am filthy and my soul is full of iniquity! (Patrick repeats) but your words say that we should come and let us reason together (Patrick repeats)
you say though my sins be like scarlet, it shall be as white as snow (Patrick repeats)
you said though my sin be as red as crimson it shall be as wool (Patrick repeats)
you say I should confess my sins that you are faithful and just to forgive my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness1 (Patrick repeats)
today father, I ask for forgiveness, my fornication, my lies, my covetousness, my drunkenness, father forgive every evil I have done against man and against your throne!
(Patrick repeats, Emeka and Onyekachi sneaks into the sitting room and kneels by the Couple quietly)
Father I promise to serve you and follow your footsteps hence forth, I renounce the devil and his agents. From today, I decree that I am a new creation in Christ Jesus! (Patrick repeats)
come into my life and take total control in Jesus name (Patrick repeats)
thank you father for your mercies and love, thank you for forgiving my sins, please give me the grace to follow you now and forever (Patrick repeats) in Jesus name Amen!
(Patrick and the Kids says a big Amen, he opens his eyes and the Kids hug him one after the other, they hug Clara too and each give her a peck on the cheek, then they run out of the sitting room singing O se O Jesun)

(There is a knock at the door. Baba rush out from the Kitchen to open the door, he has a long spoon in his hands, he opens the door, peeps outside and closes the door immediately)

Baba: won tun de o! won tun de o! They have come again o!

Patrick: who is there! And why are you screaming?

Baba: it is those Girls o! Those Girls with tiny jeans and small Skirts! They have come o! God will not allow you People to kill my Oga for me o! awon oloshi! Awon ole! Stupid people! Thieves! Oga make I pour them water? Abi dem no sabi say we don get correct madam for this house now?

(Clara gets up and goes to the door, she opens it and steps backwards, two skimpily dressed ladies walk in, they look at her with scorn before marching towards Patrick)

Patrick: Oh Ella and Tricia! How are you?

Ella: bros please cut the crap! What is happening to you? And who is this thin over there (Points at Clara) I have come here before and this your baba lied that you went to Church!

Patrick: well as you can see (Shows the Bible) I am just coming in from the Church! And this thing you see here (Pulls Clara closer) took me to the Church!

Tricia: You went to Church? You? Are you okay Patrick?

Patrick: in fact Ladies, I have not been okay all my life until today when I encountered Jesus Christ! I am now a new creation! Old things are passed away and behold all things have become new! Please sit down let me tell you a story!

Ella: Tricia! You dey see wetin my eyes dey see?

Tricia: I think we are in a wrong apartment! Please let us go!

(They turn and flee from the house, Baba bangs the door after them and started singing and dancing to his favourite song, the kids join him as thy dance around the sitting room)

Fade
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by seunviju(f): 10:21pm On Nov 01, 2014
Lovely one,keep it up
Re: ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) by princesssusan(f): 4:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
We are starvn o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Make Money From Writing Poems / My Aunt’s Husband (A Short Romantic Story) / A Nigerian Named The First Young People’s Laureate For London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.