Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,776 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Organic Chemistry Only!!! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Organic Chemistry Only!!! (10427 Views)

If You Think You Know Organic Chemistry Open. / Industrial Chemistry Vs Chemical Engineering / "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by chimhigher(m): 9:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
Nnewi1stSon:
Yay!!!!!Yippe, so where's my medal? grin. Tommorow I'll post my own compounds...cool
Hahaha no medal 4 ya..na only 2 u get na grin...ok we b waitin 4 ya compounds
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by chimhigher(m): 9:51pm On Oct 10, 2014
Nnewi1stSon:
I don't understand what kindda compounds they are.... embarassed
Dey Are Still Alkanes..Jes Tink Deeply u gon get it.. .it's nat Dat Difficult
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by chimhigher(m): 9:53pm On Oct 10, 2014
[color=#770077][/color] AM STILL WAITING 4 DAHT NERD DAH WULD GET ALL OF THE 4 RIGHT
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by Adrenaline123(m): 10:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
Markovnikov Rule
Benzene
Epinephrine
Xylene
Ketone

I like dis thread will make someone refresh his memory. Ride on. Following
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by chimhigher(m): 10:19pm On Oct 10, 2014
[color=#770077r]ITS SUPRISING NO 1 HAS GOTTEN D 4 OF DEM[/color]
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 10, 2014
chimhigher:
No 3- 3,4,6-trimethyloctane
4- 1-Bromo-2,5,6-trimethyloctane.
They're are skeletal structures and they are easier than kekule structures and condensed structures

1 Like

Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by Adrenaline123(m): 11:05pm On Oct 10, 2014
chimhigher:

1) 2,2,5-trimethyloctane
2) 2,2,4-trimethylpentane
3) 3,4,6-trimethyloctane
4) 1-bromo-3,6,7-trimethyloctane

hah!!! Don't laugh at me oo grin grin I try?
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 10, 2014
Alkanes(single bonds) are Saturated Aliphatic Hydrocarbons.

While Alkenes(double bonds) and Akynes(triple bonds) are Unsaturated Aliphatic Hydrocarbons.

1 Like

Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by thinezy(f): 11:27pm On Oct 10, 2014
who can help me name dis one
someone asked me to, bt I guess she just wants to put me to test because I have dis luv for organic chemistry wich I always pass

Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
Adrenaline123:
Markovnikov Rule
Benzene
Epinephrine
Xylene
Ketone

Markovnikov Rule>>> in a reaction between unsymetrical alkenes,the most electronegative part goes to the carbon atom with the least number of hydrogen, while the most electropositive part goes to the carbon with the highest number of hydrogen...(in order words: the rich get richer while the poor gets poorer) smiley

1 Like

Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by hatux: 11:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
@ Chimhigher' nice post there.. But I have a problem here, not me though... I have a brother who is a commercial student but already graduated from senior secondary school but wants to further to the university to study computer science which its a science course, but he was told to apply for neco and add both physics and chemistry to the subjects he's gonna seat for... Now, the question I wanna ask is, can he pass those subjects 'physics and chemistry? If truly he reads textbooks of both subjects.. Waiting for your reply and thanking you in advance..
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by Adrenaline123(m): 11:35pm On Oct 10, 2014
flexten:
Markovnikov Rule>>> in a reaction between unsymetrical alkenes,the most electronegative part goes to the carbon atom with the least number of hydrogen, while the most electropositive part goes to the carbon with the highest number of hydrogen...(in order words: the rich get richer while the poor gets poorer) smiley Markovnikov Rule>>> in a reaction between unsymetrical alkenes,the most electronegative part goes to the carbon atom with the least number of hydrogen, while the most electropositive part goes to the carbon with the highest number of hydrogen...(in order words: the rich get richer while the poor gets poorer)

I think I can now recall the rule. Nice one bro. grin
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
Adrenaline123:
Markovnikov Rule
Benzene
Epinephrine
Xylene
Ketone

Benzene is the simplest Aromatic compound with molecular formula C6H6
Xylene is a benzene ring that has two methyl groups attached to it and there are different types e.g M,O and P xylene.
Ketone is compound from the carbonyl group with molecular formula RCOR.
Markovnicov's rule hmmmn I just know the more electronegative atom goes to the carbon that carries less number of hydrogen and the hydrogen goes to the carbon that carries high number of hydrogen.
It is used to get stable and non stable products too e.g but-2-ene and but-1-ene which the former is stable and the other is not and it's called Anti-markovnicov product.

1 Like

Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by Adrenaline123(m): 11:40pm On Oct 10, 2014
thinezy:
someone asked me to, bt I guess she just wants to put me to test because I have dis luv for organic chemistry wich I always pass

Bros, wetin be dis? shocked This is too advanced
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 10, 2014
Adrenaline123:

I think I can now recall the rule. Nice one bro. grin
kool cool
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 10, 2014
thinezy:
It's a complex compound though I can't name it but I can identify the groups there, we have
Amide
Carboxyl
Methyl bridge ( Vinyl)
I think Nitrile is there though I can't find a triple bond (H-CN)
it's an heterocyclic compound I think.
Who gave u that thing to name ehn but according to functional group priority Carboxyl is the most important.... I want to meet that person
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by Adrenaline123(m): 11:46pm On Oct 10, 2014
ikeola6:
Benzene is the simplest Aromatic compound with molecular formula C6H6
Xylene is a benzene ring that has two methyl groups attached to it and there are different types e.g M,O and P xylene.
Ketone is compound from the carbonyl group with molecular formula RCOR.
Markovnicov's rule hmmmn I just know the more electronegative atom goes to the carbon that carries less number of hydrogen and the hydrogen goes to the carbon that carries high number of hydrogen.
It is used to get stable and non stable products too e.g but-2-ene and but-1-ene which the former is stable and the other is not and it's called Anti-markovnicov product.
well done sir, you need not say more. grin grin
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
Adrenaline123:

well done sir, you need not say more. grin grin
I'm not a Sir o bro
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by thinezy(f): 11:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
ikeola6:
It's a complex compound though I can't name it but I can identify the groups there, we have
Amide
Carboxyl
Methyl bridge ( Vinyl)
I think Nitrile is there though I can't find a triple bond (H-CN)
it's an heterocyclic compound I think.
Who gave u that thing to name ehn but according to functional group priority Carboxyl is the most important.... I want to meet that person
Tnx for d tip
she just stumbled over it herself n was lyk since i d claim say I knw organic chemistry I suld name it.
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 10, 2014
thinezy:

Tnx for d tip
she just stumbled over it herself n was lyk since i d claim say I knw organic chemistry I suld name it.
Omo that structure eehnnn "scary"
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by thinezy(f): 11:54pm On Oct 10, 2014
ikeola6:
Omo that structure eehnnn "scary"
Lolzzzzzzzzzzz no b small
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by thinezy(f): 11:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
Adrenaline123:

Bros, wetin be dis? shocked This is too advanced
bt e suppose get name nah
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by JayEye(m): 11:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
thinezy:

Tnx for d tip

And you con fall your hand shocked

That awkward moment ... cool
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by Adrenaline123(m): 11:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
ikeola6:
I'm not a Sir o bro
ikeola6:
I'm not a Sir o bro
lol, okay oo
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
thinezy:

Lolzzzzzzzzzzz no b small
Are u a chemistry student?
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by Adrenaline123(m): 12:02am On Oct 11, 2014
thinezy:

bt e suppose get name nah
I knw, but not my level. Lets see if someone wil name it.
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 11, 2014
Adrenaline123:

I knw, but not my level. Lets see if someone wil name it.
Only a graduate of Chemistry will name that structure
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by Adrenaline123(m): 12:18am On Oct 11, 2014
ikeola6:
Only a graduate of Chemistry will name that structure
and I think chem grads are still coming to view this thread and answer it.
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by Haben1: 1:18am On Oct 11, 2014
(1) 2,2,5-Trimethyloctane
(2) 2,2,3-Trimethylpentane
(3) 3,4,6-Trimethyloctane
(4) 1-Bromo-2,5,6-Trimethyloctane
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by Haben1: 1:33am On Oct 11, 2014
plzzzzz, we can name hydrocarbon in two way, plzzzz, don't mixed it up, once you mixed it up, u going to miss it, I love to explain further, but, I don't av that tym, keep it up at all
Re: Organic Chemistry Only!!! by Nobody: 1:38am On Oct 11, 2014
thinezy:
The structure is called "protoporphyrin IX",a specific porphyrin in heme B(with Fe atom being in the middle) which is a group of hemoglobin. It is created in the metabolism of porphyrin by the enzyme protoporphyrinogen oxidase.
porphyrin/porphyrin ring itself is a type of pigment found in living things such as chlorophylls(when Mg2+ is centrally attached to it) that makes plants green & hemoglobin(when Fe2+ is centrally attached to it) which makes red blood. when all the substituents groups such as the propionate ion,vinyl group & methyl are removed,the resulting structure is called porphine,the simplest porphyrin. There are 4 rings which re interconnected,and each ring is called pyrrole ring,nd when connected,it is porphine.
let me stop here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Direct Entry 2016/17; University Of Ilorin Aspirants, Let's Meet Here / Summary Of JAMB Sweet Sixteen from Chapter 1 To Chapter 7 / WHY DON’T BIRDS GET ELECTROCUTED WHEN THEY SIT ON POWER LINES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.