Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs (5420 Views)

Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! / How To Care For Baby Locs/dreads. / Clean Cut, Waves, Braids, Or Dreadlocks On Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Dolcilicious(f): 4:50pm On Oct 10, 2014
A lot of women have dreadlocks on because it is fun to style and most importantly, because it is low maintenance meaning that it doesn’t require so much attention to maintain and care for. So how do you care for your locs?
The most important thing when you have dreadlocks is to keep it clean. After one or two weeks of creating your locks you can start washing them once in a week.

1. Roll your dreads from the root to the end between your palms; this is very important because it helps loose hair reintegrate into the locks. It also helps prevent and get rid of lumps and bumps in your locs.

2. Drying your dreadlocks with a blow dryer after washing it helps and prevents it having the odour that comes from trapped moisture within the locs.

3. Always use a shower cap when taking your bath to prevent your dreads from getting wet and hence developing a smell.

• Don’t use wax when your hair is still wet and

• don’t tie up your dreads when they are still wet, ensure everything gets dry before you put on a cap or hat.

4. If you notice any loose hair or knots coming apart you can take a little amount of wax and apply to your dreads. You can massage the wax from the roots of your hair to the end (as mentioned earlier), a little wax is enough because less is more and you just need the little amount that would bind the hair and not coat it. Once you have applied the wax, you should do the palm roll again it’s the best way to get the wax in.

5. Once your dread is about 2-6 months you can start using the wax less frequently but you can still use it on occasions where you have loose hair that you want to get back to the locks.

6. Its best to wear a cap when you’re going to bed; if you have long dreads tie them and wear a cap this is to prevent the wax from smearing your pillow case, and it would also help the dreads from falling apart and getting fuzzy when you’re going to sleep.

A few other quick tips;
• Try to avoid doing things that can cause dirt to get trapped in your locs.
• Always use residue free shampoo.
• Try not to sleep beside someone that has lice on the head, lice is highly contagious
• Don’t let animals sleep next to your head
• If you have lice or bugs in your hair try to treat it as soon as possible
• If you have itchy scalp it might be from dandruff due to dry scalp, oily build up or bugs, switching
shampoos or swimming in a chlorinated pool
• Don’t re-twist your hair too much it can cause breakage and thinning
• Ensure bugs and other insects don’t get trapped in your locks.
See a nice collection of beautiful and creative way to style your dreadlocks below….enjoy!

Source:www.kamdora.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 10, 2014
Rasta nuh let razon 'pon i and i hair,not only women or fashion, Leviticus 21:5. Nice tips tho,my locks just 3months old
Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Dolcilicious(f): 6:13pm On Oct 10, 2014
I dint get the first two lines..rephrase it pls smiley

fabiano09:
Rasta nuh let razon 'pon i and i hair,not only women or fashion, Leviticus 21:5. Nice tips tho,my locks just 3months old
Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 10, 2014
Dolcilicious:
I dint get the first two lines..rephrase it pls smiley

A Rastaman doesnt cut his hair,he wears a dreadlock,from the proclamation of the bible,not cuz of fashion,or just for gyals.
Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Dolcilicious(f): 8:11pm On Oct 10, 2014
fabiano09:

A Rastaman doesnt cut his hair,he wears a dreadlock,from the proclamation of the bible,not cuz of fashion,or just for gyals.

ok smiley
Are u a rastaman?
Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
Dolcilicious:

ok smiley
Are u a rastaman?

lol
Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Dolcilicious(f): 8:48pm On Oct 10, 2014
shockwave91:

lol
why did u lol?
Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
Dolcilicious:

ok smiley
Are u a rastaman?
Jah man
Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Nobody: 1:42am On Oct 11, 2014
Dolcilicious:

why did u lol?

i want to know the same. "if he's a rastaman" is he?smiley
Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Nobody: 3:34am On Oct 11, 2014
Dreadlocks seems like a style to try during this winter months.
Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Dolcilicious(f): 8:08am On Oct 11, 2014
shockwave91:

i want to know the same. "if he's a rastaman" is he?smiley

He hasnt answered na
Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Dolcilicious(f): 8:09am On Oct 11, 2014
glitest:
Dreadlocks seems like a style to try during this winter months.

U got it. smiley
Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Dolcilicious(f): 8:15am On Oct 11, 2014
fabiano09:

Jah man

Really? Picture or idntbelieveit
Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 11, 2014
Dolcilicious:

Really? Picture or idntbelieveit
I 'n I nuh need your validation to praise my Jah,i believe in Jesus christ,love is my language,you dont hv to believe,can you prove to me how u worship God??
Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Dolcilicious(f): 8:44am On Oct 11, 2014
fabiano09:

I 'n I nuh need your validation to praise my Jah,i believe in Jesus christ,love is my language,you dont hv to believe,can you prove to me how u worship God??

We r asking something,ure saying another
Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 11, 2014
Dolcilicious:

We r asking something,ure saying another
Picture of my faith?? Who are the We?
Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 11, 2014
fabiano09:

i and i nid u and u to shut d fvck up so us and us can read sum english on dis thread. Gosh man
Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 11, 2014
shockwave91:

i and i nid u and u to shut d fvck up so us and us can read sum english on dis thread. Gosh man
Son of babylon,Jah bless u

1 Like

Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 11, 2014
fabiano09:

Son of babylon,Jah bless u

wateva nigg.aundecided
shut d fvck up
Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 11, 2014
shockwave91:

wateva nigg.aundecided
shut d fvck up
Run ur mouth man,its social media.
Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Dolcilicious(f): 10:56am On Oct 11, 2014
fabiano09:

Picture of my faith?? Who are the We?

'we' are wura and fadaka.

U dont get what i am saying.U said u keep locs,Lemme see d pics or idntbelieveit.Its as simple as that!
Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 11, 2014
Dolcilicious:

'we' are wura and fadaka.

U dont get what i am saying.U said u keep locs,Lemme see d pics or idntbelieveit.Its as simple as that!
Oh dt,dnt wori,if u believe or not i reali dnt care,i used to hv my picture on here,removed it for sum reasons.
Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Dolcilicious(f): 12:23pm On Oct 12, 2014
fabiano09:

Oh dt,dnt wori,if u believe or not i reali dnt care,i used to hv my picture on here,removed it for sum reasons.

Oh,case settled then.
Re: Dreadlocks:how To Care For Your Locs by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
Dolcilicious:

Oh,case settled then.
ok

(1) (Reply)

Affordable And Durable Naija Made Mannequin / Photos Of Hot Sexy Short Lace Gown Styles / Latest Ankara Dresses Style In 2023 | New Ankara Long Skirt & Blouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.