Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

What Exactly Is The Reason For Our Lack Of Maintanance Culture - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Exactly Is The Reason For Our Lack Of Maintanance Culture (468 Views)

You Lack Depth On Your Job – Metuh Slams Adesina / What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? / What Exactly Is "boko Haram" Fighting For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Is The Reason For Our Lack Of Maintanance Culture by simplyOJ(m): 5:56pm On Oct 10, 2014
I just saw this beautiful Akwa-Ibom 30,000 seater capacity stadium with lots of excitement, but my excitement was cut short when I remembered, I had similar excitement when that of Calabar was unvailed few years back, but it seems the pitch has been contracted to a certain farmer to make ridges for yam seedlings.

Various Nigeria government, past and present either at the Federal, State or Local levels, had contracted and constructed various beautiful edifaces around the country.

The list are endless; from stadias, high risings office and residential blocks to hotels.

These edifaces in the hands of government officials suffers decay and abandonment, but the moment it changes hands to that of a foreign company to manage, the story changes.

What exactly is the problem because these same foreign companies use Nigerians to do this same work and acheive success.
Re: What Exactly Is The Reason For Our Lack Of Maintanance Culture by nerodenero: 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2014
Kill corruption and Nigeria would be paradise on earth.
Re: What Exactly Is The Reason For Our Lack Of Maintanance Culture by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2014
Because the man in charge of the maintenance is busy embezzling the maintenance fund, and those that awarded the contract to them, care less so far their returns are remitted appropriately cry cry
Nigeria will always be a failed state in the hands of these people, they've ruined everything for this country.
P.s; Lagos stadium is more of an event centre now sad sad
Re: What Exactly Is The Reason For Our Lack Of Maintanance Culture by simplyOJ(m): 6:16pm On Oct 10, 2014
aanumama:
Because the man in charge of the maintenance is busy embezzling the maintenance fund, and those that awarded the contract to them, care less so far their returns are remitted appropriately cry cry
Nigeria will always be a failed state in the hands of these people, they've ruined everything for this country.
Re: What Exactly Is The Reason For Our Lack Of Maintanance Culture by simplyOJ(m): 6:22pm On Oct 10, 2014
aanumama:
This indeed is very annoying. I remember the National stadium back then while I was in Lagos. If the SuperEagles had any match scheduled say at 4pm, by 12 noon, the whole place had already been taken over by fans in a carnival fashion with lots of excitment. All those have gone with the wind.

(1) (Reply)

Relatives Torture Two Children Over Alleged Witchcraft / Minister Of Health Meets Elechi …declares Intension To Contest 2015 Guber Race. / Accounting Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.