Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,806 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread - Phones (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread (75242 Views)

Doogee DG310 User Review / Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by Heeboy94(m): 7:46pm On Oct 31, 2014
seyithug:
Meanwhile, has anyone used the gestures function? In particular, something similar to the Air Scroll I used to enjoy on my previous Samsung Galaxy S4, before it was stolen. When you're in gallery,without touching the screen, you can just wave your palm across the sensor beside the front camera , and it will automatically scroll to the next picture. This is one of the reasons why I.bought this phone-gestures sensing capability- because I loved it a lot in my SGS4.
Only limitation here is that, on this phone, it scrolls forward only, not backward. The SGS4 goes forward and backward. And, I didn't have to enable anything.I haven't even tested any of the other gestures yet.
This Doogee is a 2-point touch phone, not 5 points as advertised online, so, zooming in/out on an image by using two fingers isn't as smooth as it should be, compared to 5-10 points touch phones, like the SGS4. To quickly zoom out/in, just double tap d image. But then, for the price, this phone is wonderful already, and I ain't complaining.
Money well spent. I keep saying that. Lol.
U're on point jare, Oga Seyithug.

Btw, have u done the IMEI change thingy?

1 Like

Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by seyithug(m): 7:52pm On Oct 31, 2014
Heeboy94:

U're on point jare, Oga Seyithug.

Btw, have u done the IMEI change thingy?

I haven't. I wanted to do it earlier, but thought it wise to do my CWM and ROM back-up first. I'll do everything tonight sha.
Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by Heeboy94(m): 7:58pm On Oct 31, 2014
seyithug:

I haven't. I wanted to do it earlier, but thought it wise to do my CWM and ROM back-up first. I'll do everything tonight sha.
Ok. Buh changing imei doesn't require rooting tho

1 Like

Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by seyithug(m): 8:04pm On Oct 31, 2014
Heeboy94:

Yes, bro. I know. I just wanted to do them all in the right order and not have any of the processes counter the other. grin. I wanted the IMEI change to be the last of the 3 major steps, before I begin using the phone fully.
Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by Heeboy94(m): 8:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
seyithug:

Yes, bro. I know. I just wanted to do them all in the right order and not have any of the processes counter the other. grin. I wanted the IMEI change to be the last of the 3 major steps, before I begin using the phone fully.
Ok boss! Carry on

1 Like

Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by seyithug(m): 8:53pm On Oct 31, 2014
Mystiq25:
1.first of all you need to root your phone then go to this site http://www.needrom.com/category/doogee/dg310/ and download CTR recovery file, actually there are two recovery files there CWM and CTR the former didn't work out for me so I used the latter, you have to register first before you can download anything from that site. After downloading placed the recovery on the root of your SD card.
2. Download recovery tools from play store
3. Open recovery tool and click on "flash other recoveries".
4. Locate your recovery file and flash it.
5. Reboot into recovery to complete installation.

Bros, I have downloaded the CWM recovery from your dropbox and flashed it with Recovery Tool, as described. After a few mintes, I think it loaded. So, I switched off and rebooted into recovery (power button+volume down button), but nachiko language dey there all through and I didn't know what option to press there, so I chose the last one to exit.
Pls, help o. My phone is okay, notbricked..lol.
What am I doing wrong? Abi na this chinko King Root I used?
Should I download SuperUser SU to override the Chinko language?
Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by Mystiq25(m): 9:25pm On Oct 31, 2014
seyithug:

Bros, I have downloaded the CWM recovery from your dropbox and flashed it with Recovery Tool, as described. After a few mintes, I think it loaded. So, I switched off and rebooted into recovery (power button+volume down button), but nachiko language dey there all through and I didn't know what option to press there, so I chose the last one to exit.
That is a factory mode I think, switch it up and hold power+button up(not down) it will reboot into recovery or you can use the recovery tools to boot into recovery. Click on rebooter then choose reboot recovery from the three options.

1 Like

Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by adeinfinit(m): 9:27pm On Oct 31, 2014
Hello my Doogee family, hope we all av a nice day? I noticed the charger dat came with phone is slow..is it just mine or anyoda person noticed this?

1 Like

Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by Mystiq25(m): 9:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
adeinfinit:
Hello my Doogee family, hope we all av a nice day? I noticed the charger dat came with phone is slow..is it just mine or anyoda person noticed this?
mine is fast enough, it charges my from zero to full in just two hours

1 Like

Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by seyithug(m): 10:00pm On Oct 31, 2014
adeinfinit:
Probably. Don't forget d. Battery is 2000mah, it will take at least 2 hours to charge. And, remember the charger has the right ampere for your battery. I also have my SGS4's charger, which charges faster, but I use only the Doogee's charger for it. Stick to the phones charger, no spoil your battery o.
Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by seyithug(m): 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
Mystiq25:
That is a factory mode I think, switch it up and hold power+button up(not down) it will reboot into recovery or you can use the recovery tools to boot into recovery. Click on rebooter then choose reboot recovery from the three options.
Okay. Thanks. 'Cuz I been dey fear to brick my phone ni o.Nothing do the phone. I'll boot up into recover now. But, what do I do in there? What are the next steps? Thank you, bro.
Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by adeinfinit(m): 10:13pm On Oct 31, 2014
seyithug:

Probably. Don't forget d. Battery is 2000mah, it will take at least 2 hours to charge. And, remember the charger has the right ampere for your battery. I also have my SGS4's charger, which charges faster, but I use only the Doogee's charger for it. Stick to the phones charger, no spoil your battery o.
I tried anoda usb cord and it worked fine. Thanks for the advice.. I also successfully installed CWM...na backup remain grin

1 Like

Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by seyithug(m): 10:21pm On Oct 31, 2014
adeinfinit:

I tried anoda usb cord and it worked fine. Thanks for the advice.. I also successfully installed CWM...na backup remain grin
Cool.
Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by badolee10(m): 10:28pm On Oct 31, 2014
Guys Pls Watz The Function Of CWM And Backup Though I Can Root And Change My Phone Imei.. I Be Novice Pls I Need Explanation..

1 Like

Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by adeinfinit(m): 10:42pm On Oct 31, 2014
seyithug:

Cool.
This backup no dey move o...me don stop am sha

1 Like

Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by Mystiq25(m): 10:55pm On Oct 31, 2014
seyithug:

Okay. Thanks. 'Cuz I been dey fear to brick my phone ni o.Nothing do the phone. I'll boot up into recover now. But, what do I do in there? What are the next steps? Thank you, bro.
when you are in the recovery mode scroll down to backup and restore choose backup and wait for the phone to complete the process, it will take about 5 minutes minutes or more after backup is complete reboot your phone and that's all you can tweak your phone anyway you like without fear of brick.

1 Like

Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by seyithug(m): 10:59pm On Oct 31, 2014
badolee10:
Guys Pls Watz The Function Of CWM And Backup Though I Can Root And Change My Phone Imei.. I Be Novice Pls I Need Explanation..
CWM is used to create a back-up/recovery image of your device, so that you can restore your device to factory status, if anything happens.

1 Like

Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by seyithug(m): 11:11pm On Oct 31, 2014
Mystiq25:
when you are in the recovery mode scroll down to backup and restore choose backup and wait for the phone to complete the process, it will take about 5 minutes minutes or more after backup is complete reboot your phone and that's all you can tweak your phone anyway you like without fear of brick.

Thanks, bro. I have done that. I appreciate.the support. There were two back-up options there, One was Backup, the other said Back-up to internal storage. I chose only Back-up. Waited for like 5mins for the Back-up to complete. Hope I did the right thing? Also, do I need to wipe cache?
Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by seyithug(m): 11:14pm On Oct 31, 2014
adeinfinit:

This backup no dey move o...me don stop am sha
Retry it and be patient.
Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by seyithug(m): 5:04am On Nov 01, 2014
So, I have rooted, installed CWM and back-up is in place, and I just changed my IMEI too. So, everything is done. Waiting to switch off my phone in an hour, before turning on my data.

I have two concerns, though.
One, the IMEI change, I saw that most of the IMEI's being generated for people is Blackberry 8320 IMEI and PIN. Why is that? I'm thinking that Glo may later decide to block this IMEI cheat soon, and it will beeasy for them to just block all IMEI's of the Blackberry 8320 series, since all IMEIs generated and activated are for the device. But, I know they won't do it now, togain more customers,but sooner or later, it will be blocked.

2nd concern has to do wuth our Doogee. I don't know if I've got a defective device or it's the same thing across board. I noticed a small ripple somewhere below my screen, but it's barely visible. My main concern is that, when my phone goes off to sleep, the transition action is similar to when PHCN takes the light and your TV is on. The way the TV goes off, giving a whitish line in the middle, that's how my phone goes off. Is it the same way with your devices? Can it be changed? Or am I the only one using a defective Doogee DG-310? Lemme know. Good morning, fam.
Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by augster(m): 7:36am On Nov 01, 2014
Bro Seyi, abeg check ur email

1 Like

Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by peawizzy(f): 7:58am On Nov 01, 2014
What‘s the battery‘s capacity in general? How long does it last during heavy usage? I know it charges from 0% to 100% in 2 hours. So any one to say how the battery life is?

1 Like

Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by epoxide(m): 8:17am On Nov 01, 2014
seyithug:

dude don't use volume down button. use volume up

1 Like

Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by adeinfinit(m): 9:06am On Nov 01, 2014
seyithug:
So, I have rooted, installed CWM and back-up is in place, and I just changed my IMEI too. So, everything is done. Waiting to switch off my phone in an hour, before turning on my data.

I have two concerns, though.
One, the IMEI change, I saw that most of the IMEI's being generated for people is Blackberry 8320 IMEI and PIN. Why is that? I'm thinking that Glo may later decide to block this IMEI cheat soon, and it will beeasy for them to just block all IMEI's of the Blackberry 8320 series, since all IMEIs generated and activated are for the device. But, I know they won't do it now, togain more customers,but sooner or later, it will be blocked.

2nd concern has to do wuth our Doogee. I don't know if I've got a defective device or it's the same thing across board. I noticed a small ripple somewhere below my screen, but it's barely visible. My main concern is that, when my phone goes off to sleep, the transition action is similar to when PHCN takes the light and your TV is on. The way the TV goes off, giving a whitish line in the middle, that's how my phone goes off. Is it the same way with your devices? Can it be changed? Or am I the only one using a defective Doogee DG-310? Lemme know. Good morning, fam.

The transition action is an effect. Av seen it on oda fones..I dnt knw if u cn chage it tho.. Pls lemmi wassup wit d imei thing wen u start using it.

1 Like

Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by adeinfinit(m): 9:07am On Nov 01, 2014
seyithug:

Thanks, bro. I have done that. I appreciate.the support. There were two back-up options there, One was Backup, the other said Back-up to internal storage. I chose only Back-up. Waited for like 5mins for the Back-up to complete. Hope I did the right thing? Also, do I need to wipe cache?

Bros! Ow did get into recovery mode cos I see one back up option on mine

1 Like

Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by seyithug(m): 11:00am On Nov 01, 2014
Heeboy94:

Good morning, bro. I have created a new APN, GLO NG, with APN set as blackberry.net, and Glo welcomed my 8320 to the network, after IMEI change. However, after turning off after an hour and powering on more than 2 hours later, Ican't browse. No activity in my data area. Pls, help. The new IMEI is still there.
Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by seyithug(m): 11:04am On Nov 01, 2014
adeinfinit:

Bros! Ow did get into recovery mode cos I see one back up option on mine
Power button + Volume Up button. Once you enter, you'll see CWM mode displayed below. Use the Volume up or down to move around. Use power button to select Back-up and restore>Back-up.. Then, wait for like 5 mins for the back-up to conclude.

1 Like

Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by seyithug(m): 11:08am On Nov 01, 2014
adeinfinit:

The transition action is an effect. Av seen it on oda fones..I dnt knw if u cn chage it tho.. Pls lemmi wassup wit d imei thing wen u start using it.
Is it the same on your Doogee too? I was just wondering if it's the ripple below my screen that's responsible for mine. Not a biggie, but I'll love to change it, though.
I have changed IMEI, but I'm still struggling with access point settings. Glo still not connecting.
Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by seyithug(m): 11:11am On Nov 01, 2014
epoxide:

dude don't use volume down button. use volume up
Thanks, bro. I was able to get around that, after my Ogas pointed me in the right direction. They're too close not to confuse one for the other.
Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by Damma(m): 11:12am On Nov 01, 2014
@MTNNG Season of Surprises has began.
Text 11 to 400 now (for free) and get a Surprise.

1 Like

Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by seyithug(m): 11:25am On Nov 01, 2014
peawizzy:
What‘s the battery‘s capacity in general? How long does it last during heavy usage? I know it charges from 0% to 100% in 2 hours. So any one to say how the battery life is?
Heavy usage will give you about 6-7 hours. Light usage could easily get you through the day. Playing music continuously on mine for about 2hours and scrolling through my gallery, my phone used about 10% only. Playing music and browsing NL was about 13% for the 2 hours. I haven't installed. Any games and I'm not a very big fan of mobile gaming, excepti'm traveling and bored. I'm more of the Facebooking/chatting type. The battery is okay, all in all. But the device itself needs battery calibration, 'cuz sometimes it just stays still without going down. Especially overnight, this phone barely uses 2% over9t. It may be at 50% when I sleep, and it will still be there when I wake up. But, it will drop to 49% after I unlock and play around the menu for a few seconds. Once Glo begins to work fully and browsing resumes, I'll do another review.
Re: DOOGEE DG310 Discussion Thread by seyithug(m): 11:30am On Nov 01, 2014
augster:
Bro Seyi, abeg check ur email
Broda mii, I'll reply you, Sir, when PHCN connects us back to the power supply. No battery on the laptop, and email isn't set-up on this device. You know say Yahoo na wahala-ish email. Once you sign-in on mobile, it will start misbehaving, verification nonsense all the time. So, basically, I stopped setting it up on any mobile platform, and I access it only on the web. Pardonnez moi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (32) (Reply)

The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) / Picture Of A Man 'Speaking On A Cell Phone' In The 1940s Goes Viral / How To Clone Any Whatsapp Account To Another Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.