Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,892 members, 7,810,428 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming (15327 Views)

What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) / Untold Story Of How 14 Journalists Were Abducted-another Crisis Looming / $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by pazienza(m): 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
bushdoc9919:

GB....the problem with you, and most Nigerians is that you do not want to grow up...and no, I am not talking of childhood or adulthood...or immaturity. I am not even insulting you.

The problem with you Nigerians is that you do not want to use your brains and innovate and develop innovative products. All you people want to do is chop oil money.

It is because of our overdependence on oil....that our economy is vulnerable.

All of you here....instead ofpreaching disintegration, or wallowing in conspiracy theories....go home, use your university degrees.....and follow China, Japan and South Korea along the road of self sufficency and industrial development.

Stop relying on oil...because if oil prices shoot up again, you people will suddenly keep quiet.

Even at high oil prices...the money was never enough. The painful thing about Nigeria is that the looting that is going on is from a pot of money that is too small.

I wonder for you Nigerians. Stop blmaing the US. Start using your brains for once.

If you like....yell at me. I have spoken. Nigeria must industrialize.

Because a divided Nigeria is bad news for all of us....and for the African region. An industrial Nigeria is good news for everyone...even the US.

End your oil addiction, man!

You are so out of touch with reality. How dare you compare Japan and Korea, real nations made up of same ethnic group, with an anomaly like Nigeria,with multitude of ethnic groups each pulling at different directions?

1 Like

Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
Latest update: $67.01 Per Barrel
Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
Latest Oil Price: $66.59 per Barrel
Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
Latest Oil Price: $65.99 per Barrel
Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by manot: 8:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
it is d masses that always suffer it
Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by Nobody: 5:23am On Dec 01, 2014
BREAKING NEWS:

Latest Oil Price: $64.75 per Barrel - 1st Dec 2014
Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by ResourceMan(m): 6:03am On Dec 01, 2014
GenBuhari(m): 8:01pm On Nov 28
Latest update: $67.01 Per Barrel

GenBuhari(m): 8:13pm On Nov 28
Latest Oil Price: $66.59 per Barrel

GenBuhari(m): 8:20pm On Nov 28
Latest Oil Price: $65.99 per Barrel

GenBuhari(m): 5:23am
BREAKING NEWS:
Latest Oil Price: $64.75 per Barrel - 1st Dec 2014

Hey! Stop this non-sense, will you? What is your craze and obsession with oil about. Do you have a drop of crude in your community, what did your country's past leaders (including the infamous buhari) do with so much oil revenue since independence. For your information, the real price of crude is going to be $40 per barrel and by then I will see how your folks who depend 100% on Govt. patronage will survive.
The ol mining license that is making your elite to ravish Nigeria in the name of bokoharam will be soon be as worthless as a tissue paper and then the useless state governments nationwide will open their dead brains and think. Nonsense and Ingredient!
Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by Nobody: 6:12am On Dec 01, 2014
Are you an expat?
What is your ethnicity

Do work in Nigeria?
ResourceMan:

Hey! Stop this non-sense, will you? What is your craze and obsession with oil about. Do you have a drop of crude in your community, what did your country's past leaders (including the infamous buhari) do with so much oil revenue since independence. For your information, the real price of crude is going to be $40 per barrel and by then I will see how your folks who depend 100% on Govt. patronage will survive.
The ol mining license that is making your elite to ravish Nigeria in the name of bokoharam will be soon be as worthless as a tissue paper and then the useless state governments nationwide will open their dead brains and think. Nonsense and Ingredient!
Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by arsetalks(m): 8:25am On Dec 01, 2014
You all blame America for everything. They are evil and I also detest them but fact remains that we are our own enemy.

Why didn't the value of naira go up against the dollar when oil price was circa $168? What have we done with the extra accruals from the extra when the bench mark was pegged at $78?

Is America to blame for that? Call a spade exactly what it is, GEJ is on a destructive mission and if he succeeds, it will be we the electorates and not America that is to be blamed.
Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 01, 2014
You do not realise that our government is not independent . America uses it IMF and World Bank loans to control the economic policy of corrupt African nations who they install by covert coups and assassinations.

The last government that was truely independent of America's influence was Abacha's;
What happened to him? He was assassinated by poisoning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuCdOkf4NxQ&list=PLRzmuN0KKXK_1hw06OM4sBq-Nj4ymIevF

arsetalks:
You all blame America for everything. They are evil and I also detest them but fact remains that we are our own enemy.

Why didn't the value of naira go up against the dollar when oil price was circa $168? What have we done with the extra accruals from the extra when the bench mark was pegged at $78?

Is America to blame for that? Call a spade exactly what it is, GEJ is on a destructive mission and if he succeeds, it will be we the electorates and not America that is to be blamed.
Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 02, 2014
pazienza:

You are so out of touch with reality. How dare you compare Japan and Korea, real nations made up of same ethnic group, with an anomaly like Nigeria,with multitude of ethnic groups each pulling at different directions?

How dare I compare Nigeria with China, America, India, Russia, Indonesia,Taiwan, Malaysia, South Africa, Brazil, etc........nations with a multiplicity of ethnicities....and yet developed. (Even Japan has a multiplicity of ethnicites to some extent.).

My point still stands. You Nigerians....regardless of tribe....are unwilling to work. You want to be like the wife of a trillionaire.....not a hardworker.

Better stop fighting over oil money.
Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by pazienza(m): 10:59am On Dec 02, 2014
bushdoc9919:

How dare I compare Nigeria with China, America, India, Russia, Indonesia,Taiwan, Malaysia, South Africa, Brazil, etc........nations with a multiplicity of ethnicities....and yet developed. (Even Japan has a multiplicity of ethnicites to some extent.).

My point still stands. You Nigerians....regardless of tribe....are unwilling to work. You want to be like the wife of a trillionaire.....not a hardworker.

Better stop fighting over oil money.

The Han Chinese ethnic group makes up 91% of the China population, that is a mono ethnic state, with the Han pulling in one direction,while the rest follows suit. The Han Chinese provides stability to China.

America is a new world, the indigenous group has been almost rendered extinct by the invading and migrant caucasians. Nigeria is in the Old world of Africa,with indigenous ethnic groups, you can't compare her with countries in new world of Americas, you can only compare her with countries in the Old worlds of Europe Asia, and Africa.

India broke away from a British anomaly it shared with Bangladesh and Pakistan, to achieve the stability it has today.
It didn't remain the way the British left it. The Hindi as a single majority, gives india a semblance of homogenicity,stability and identity,that the rest of the ethnic group key into,and pull the country in one direction.

1 Like

Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by pazienza(m): 11:15am On Dec 02, 2014
Russia was once a part of unstable USSR that broke into Ukraine,Georgia and their likes. So don't think Russia has been like it is now,always.

Indonesia, in development and wealth,is not all that far away from Nigeria, i don't think any body should wish to be like indonesia.
However, indonesia is like northern Nigeria, with many ethnic groups united by Islam( 87% of indonesians are muslims) so much that it gave the country a form of homogenicity that keeps them stable.

Brazil is a new world country with caucasian invaders suppressing the indigenous and African slaves, it's similar to America. It's a poor example to use to compare Nigeria.
Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 02, 2014
pazienza:

The Han Chinese ethnic group makes up 91% of the China population, that is a mono ethnic state, with the Han pulling in one direction,while the rest follows suit. The Han Chinese provides stability to China.

America is a new world, the indigenous group has been almost rendered extinct by the invading and migrant caucasians. Nigeria is in the Old world of Africa,with indigenous ethnic groups, you can't compare her with countries in new world of Americas, you can only compare her with countries in the Old worlds of Europe Asia, and Africa.

India broke away from a British anomaly it shared with Bangladesh and Pakistan, to achieve the stability it has today.
It didn't remain the way the British left it. The Hindi as a single majority, gives india a semblance of homogenity,stability and identity,that the rest of the ethnic group key into,and pull the country in one direction.

Even then, old chap.....the fact remains that even if we split this country...we would have several dozens of small resource dependent societies.

Nigeria's problem has been always how the resources are shared.....not tribe or religion. The arguments over resorce sharing is what amplifies the problems of tribe and religion. And that is why we need to get off oil....so that people would be developed.

The problem with you Nigerians is that you beleive you are entitled to live a good life. You do not beleive in hard work. Which is why I do not support separation....because you Nigerians will go into it with the wrong mindset. You want to chop money without working for it. That is why states like Zamfara are so dependent on Abuja for money....and with the exception of Lagos.....all the states are in the same way.

You do not need to split to develop....you can, at the state level....invest in technical education and fighting corruption....two of the tools needed for industrial development. Feds can take care of industrial development.

But you don't want to work.....you want to chop. And when you do not get your chop money....you cry fowl. Plus,your leaders loot and take the money outside.(Asian leaders loot....but reinvest the loot at home, not in Switzerland and France!).

The worst of it is that you people are so satisfied with the crumbs you get....when you could get more by working with your hands.

Anyway....my point still stands. Whether 500 tribes or one tribe.....Nigerians must work for their daily bread. There is no such thing as sharing oil money economics. And the sooner we....and most other African countries....especially Congo DR realise that....the better.

PS....You do realise that dividing Nigeria means 300 small listless countries? You do realise that dividing most African countries....who have the same issues as Nigeria....means a mass of tiny and weak countries. That is why it is better we work together....not because we like each other...or because we must gloss over past injustices....but because the alternative is worse.

PS 2....Somalia is made up of one tribe.....and look how that turned out.And , no it was not the West's fault....it was the fault of the Somali people....

PS3....My problem with your post is that you blame others for your predicament. Like a fat person blaming the prescence of food for his weight issues. I don't mean it as an insult....I too used to think that way. until 5 years ago when my thinking began to change. If we go industrial....we won't have time to fight over tiny issues.China used to have big ethno-religious crisis in the 1920's....now they don't because people are too busy working to bother.(altho...the problems still remain).
Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by pazienza(m): 11:20am On Dec 02, 2014
Russia was once a part of unstable USSR that broke into Ukraine,Georgia and their likes. So don't think Russia has been like it is now,always.

Indonesia, in development and wealth,is not all that far away from Nigeria, i don't think any body should wish to be like indonesia.
However, indonesia is like northern Nigeria, with many ethnic groups united by Islam( 87% of indonesians are muslims) so much that it gave the country a form of homogenicity that keeps them stable.

Brazil is a new world country with caucasian invaders suppressing the indigenous and African slaves, it's similar to America. It's a poor example to use to compare Nigeria.

Malaysia was once part of Malaysia federation that included Singapore and North Borneo, but the union wasn't working, and each of the countries separated and today, Malaysia and Singapore are better for it.

It reminds me of Ojukwu's word, where he said that it was better we separate and survive, than to unite and clash into each other.
Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by pazienza(m): 11:27am On Dec 02, 2014
If you believe that your ethnic group would end up like Somalia, when it is allowed to stand on it's own, then good for you, after all North Borneo haven't been as prosperous as singapore and Malaysia since the disintegration of Federation of Malaysia.

But as an Igboman, i have no iota of doubt in me,that a Republic of Alaigbo would thrive and be prosperous and greater than the present day Nigeria. And i would never stop rooting for the Republic of Alaigbo,based on this conviction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by ResourceMan(m): 8:02am On Dec 14, 2014
Generalbohari, what is the latest crude oil price now?
You people have not seen anything, the oil price must fall to $35 per barrela nd remain so for the next 5 years. By then you lot will learn how to be productive for once.
Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
Latest Oil Price: $54.07 per Barrel
Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 05, 2015
[size=22pt]BREAKING NEWS:

Latest Oil Price: $50.65 per Barrel - 5th January 2015

[/size]
Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 06, 2015
latest oil price:

$49 per Barrel.
Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by Adminisher: 8:57am On Jan 06, 2015
You need to give this country to Buhari. Johnny no go fit handle Nigeria with $50 oil price. I have been reading his body language, the man is tired and the office is no more lucrative. Nothing to steal any more when senators and reps alone take $1.8 million each, the book haram war in the north is allowing the generals to steal over N10bn monthly, PDP members go chop, governors go chop, all the labour unions are coming up to ask for their own share. I think the man would pull on his bowler hat and run soon.
Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by wordcat(m): 9:00am On Jan 06, 2015
2cato:
Let it fall and crash like humpty dumpty so that our fed, state and local govt will be force to stop waiting for money from abuja and use their brain to get what they want by investing in agriculture which is the lifeline of any nation.

The thing no dey fall as I want.

I will celebrate when e don fall below $10 per barrel!
Re: Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 13, 2015
[size=18pt]$44 per Barrel[/size] - 13th January 2015

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kidnaps About 16 Women In Adamawa / Buhari To NNPC: Search For Oil In Benue Trough / Matawalle: Why Banditry Will Not End Soon

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.