Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,822 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola (13079 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Commissions His Mall In Yola (photos) / Amaechi Lands In Rivers In Style Following Wike's Election Verdict (Photos) / PICTURES From Dana Aircraft Crash | No Indication Of Survivals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by r33d(m): 9:04am On Oct 11, 2014
What would have been a major tragedy in Nigeria’s military circles was yesterday narrowly averted, when a military aircraft crashed at the Yola International Airport.

Though the aircraft was damaged, no casualties were recorded as the pilot and other crew members escaped unhurt.

Newly sworn in governor of Adamawa State, Mr. Bala Ngillari was among those who were stranded at the airport, following the incident. The incident affected the departure of the governor who was billed to depart for Abuja on an official assignment.

LEADERSHIP Weekend gathered that the aircraft was on a mission to convey injured soldiers from Yola to Kaduna State for treatment before the unfortunate incident. The incident occurred at about midday when the aircraft was yet to carry the wounded soldiers.

The airplane was on the verge of landing at the international airport when it suddenly changed direction and crashed causing pandemonium in the vicinity, a source at the airport said.

A military source who preferred anonymity told newsmen that the military aircraft was on a mission to airlift wounded soldiers from Yola to Kaduna when the incident occurred. He however dismissed the accident as a minor one, saying the aircraft only suffered mild damage.

The incident, according to airport sources, delayed landing and take-off of other airplanes as some of them had to be diverted to other airports.

As at the time of filing this report, normalcy had returned at the

airport as full activities had resumed. Airport officials have however maintained sealed lips over the incident as they said it was strictly a military affair.

SOURCE: http://leadership.ng/news/386679/military-aircraft-crashes-yola

Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by adonbilivit: 9:09am On Oct 11, 2014
THANK GOD. meanwhile let me crash. i did not sleep last night

9 Likes

Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by r33d(m): 9:11am On Oct 11, 2014
adonbilivit:
THANK GOD. meanwhile let me crash. i did not sleep last night

adonbilivit

5 Likes

Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by vikyno(m): 9:11am On Oct 11, 2014
God bless the Nigeria Army. The good will always prevail over the evil no matter how long it takes. Thank God no casualty is involved. Hail Jehovah!
#WeshallWintheWar. #WWW.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by KwoiZabo(m): 9:17am On Oct 11, 2014
To God be the Glory Nobody was hurt. If it had burnt bokoharam would have claimed responsibility and APshit will start abusing Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by PapiWata: 9:20am On Oct 11, 2014
r33d:

The airplane was on the verge of landing at the international airport when it suddenly changed direction and crashed causing pandemonium in the vicinity, a source at the airport said.

Sounds like hydraulic failure on final approach, rendering the ailerons, elevator or rudder unresponsive to pilot inputs, just a little too close to the ground, hence the sudden "change in direction" described in the news report above. Were engine failure the culprit, the plane would have simply dropped like a stone and busted apart on impact.

4 Likes

Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by EventHUB(f): 9:24am On Oct 11, 2014
angry
Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 11, 2014
Why always our military plane? Stop using fairly used aircrafts.
Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by ohiK(m): 9:43am On Oct 11, 2014
why won't our military planes crash when we parade old aircrafts and refuse to develop into building one for ourselves. Shhhiiiiiooooo

4 Likes

Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by jotey(m): 9:46am On Oct 11, 2014
KwoiZabo:
To God be the Glory Nobody was hurt. If it had burnt bokoharam would have claimed responsibility and APshit will start abusing Jonathan.
I still dnt understand they said it crashed but nobody was injured... op change topic cos when I see am e fear me o
Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by egift(m): 10:29am On Oct 11, 2014
Thank God nobody died. Top Army Brass, stop squandering our security budget.

#FlyingCoffins grin grin grin
Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by Blakjewelry(m): 11:11am On Oct 11, 2014
thank God that no life was lost.
Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 11, 2014
PapiWata:

Sounds like hydraulic failure on final approach, rendering the ailerons, elevator or rudder unresponsive to pilot inputs, just a little too close to the ground, hence the sudden "change in direction" described in the news report above. Were engine failure the culprit, the plane would have simply dropped like a stone and busted apart on impact.
haba, bros you get aircraft for house? Or is this the work of hollywood movies?

1 Like

Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by PapiWata: 11:53am On Oct 11, 2014
urhoboman:
haba, bros you get aircraft for house? Or is this the work of hollywood movies?

My Aba-made land jet no get equal for speed matter o, lie no good.
Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
PapiWata:

So, in other words: the plane is old.

1 Like

Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by PapiWata: 1:30pm On Oct 11, 2014
CoolHunk:

So, in other words: the plane is old.

Critical component failures can and do occur on relatively new aircraft as well, so this incident does not conclusively establish the age of the bird that crashed on final approach in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
The Aircraft was under the Mami water Spirit Spell... The Army needs deliverance. **Sprinkles Holy Water** angry angry angry
Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by PapiWata: 1:39pm On Oct 11, 2014
StanBerger:
The Aircraft was under the Mami water Spirit Spell... The Army needs deliverance. **Sprinkles Holy Water** angry angry angry

Your holy water will only prove effective IF you purchased it from the ever-righteous Pastor Jaguda, whose brand-name Holy Water can be bought for a limited time, at just 100 thousand naira per bottle.

Now level with us once and for all. Where did you get your Holy Water ?
Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 11, 2014
PapiWata:

Your holy water will only prove effective IF you purchased it from the ever-righteous Pastor Jaguda, whose brand-name Holy Water can be bought for a limited time, at just 100 thousand naira per bottle.

Now level with us once and for all. Where did you get your Holy Water ?

I can see You also need Deliverance from Mami Water Spirit **Sprinkles Holy Water** angry angry angry
Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by PapiWata: 1:59pm On Oct 11, 2014
StanBerger:

I can see You also need Deliverance from Mami Water Spirit **Sprinkles Holy Water** angry angry angry

This your Holy Water dey make all my body dey scratch me like werepe.

Pastor Jaguda go hear my report today o, unless you command my sufferment to stop now-now
Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by SlimSkipper(m): 2:06pm On Oct 11, 2014
pictures or ........., u kno d drill tongue

1 Like

Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2014
Nobody is talking about the decay in the military.

1 Like

Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2014
What?
Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by boombay(m): 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2014
i don't know because I'm schooling in France! lipsrsealed
Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by Canme4u(m): 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2014
Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by sirjohnson(m): 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2014
Bad news
Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 11, 2014
This is what happens when we keep purchasing scrap called fairly used military equipment.

The recent armoured tanks comes to mind
Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 11, 2014
PapiWata:

Critical component failures can and do occur on relatively new aircraft as well, so this incident does not conclusively establish the age of the bird that crashed on final approach in Nigeria.
Hmm...understood. But age could've been a factor. Anecdotal evidence suggests just that.

1 Like

Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by ohosi4real(m): 2:09pm On Oct 11, 2014
How many of them die
Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by HonourablePomk: 2:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
Bad
Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by erayo2GCA(m): 2:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
Boko halal
Re: Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola by Nlmadfreak: 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2014
This sounds really scary.. Looks like its hard not to hear trouble news like this daily

Omg! Finally Here: See BBA Hotshots Shower Hour: Sheila, Tayo and Mira’s Day 4 Video

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ene Okon, Abia Police Commissioner Vows To Arrest Nnamdi Kanu / Benue Flood Victim Treks From Benue-Abuja (Photos) / I'll Probe Okorocha's Financial Dealings, Says Ihedioha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.