Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,553 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them (1734 Views)

Wike At Archbishop Of Niger Delta Province Daughter's Wedding Today (Photos) / APC Asks FG To Account For $800m Fund / Buhari & Other APC Leaders With Archbishop Of Owerri (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by malele(m): 11:05am On Oct 11, 2014
The Archbishop of Jos, Ignatius Kaigama, has condemned
the criminalization of gays in Nigeria. Speaking with the
Vatican's weekly publication, The Tablet, on Wednesday
October 8th, Archbishop Kaigama said the catholic church
does not support the criminalizing of people due to their
different sexual orientation and urged the federal
government to stop punishing gay people.
"We are not supporting the criminalization of people with
different sexual orientations. We would defend any person
with homosexual orientation who is being harassed, who
is being imprisoned, who is being punished. The federal
government may want to punish them, we don't. In fact,
we will tell the government to stop punishing those with
different orientations" he said

lindaikeji..nl/2014/10/archbishop-of-jos-defends-gays-asks-fg.html?m=1#comment-form

Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by Tenim47(m): 11:11am On Oct 11, 2014
Do i jst comfirm dat an archbishop enrouragin GAY?
Na me dey dem don burst my yanch fit tell u wat is a gay
Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by tammie24: 11:26am On Oct 11, 2014
Is he joking
Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 11, 2014
^^ he is not encouraging them neither is he supporting gays.
His message is "live and let others live"
"Don't judge them"

Left to me, its death sentence for those sshiitt-hole hunters.

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 11, 2014
The man is on point. In as much as gay is bad, to criminalise it will be setting a very bad precedence to their desire to change. The best thing is to integrate them into the society and help them change themselves.
I believe none of them chose to be gay, condition made them to be the way they are and threatening to send them to prison will only plunge them into the closet and exposing them to unhealthy lifestyles as well as to idiots in human forms who would choose to lynch them.
What should be criminalised is gay marriage which is foreign to our culture. but gay is not peculiar to any particular culture or people. It has been there and will always be there.
However, our inept lawmakers knowing fully well that they make laws for gullible people chose to criminalise it so as to score cheap political point. I think they should have first of all criminalised fighting in the legislative chambers which is a great dent on our national image.

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by successking401(m): 11:35am On Oct 11, 2014
Maybe he is one of them.
Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by lilprinze: 11:46am On Oct 11, 2014
what is this world turning into, a whole Archbishop defending gays. Please someone should help me ask him the reason why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah it seems he has forgotten some parts of the Bible.
Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by Tallesty1(m): 11:48am On Oct 11, 2014
tammie24:
Is he joking
He is got an itchy butt-hole.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by candidbabe(f): 11:50am On Oct 11, 2014
Oh! I am not surprised, when the catholic church members don't go to church with the holy bible. when what they read in the church is bulletin (pamphlet)

Chai !!!!! the word of God is not being preached in the catholic church. no wonder so many people see that church as an occultic gathering.

Why did God destroy soddom and gomorrah in the bible with rains of fire from heaven, is not because they practiced homosexuality?
Mr arch bishop if you don't know what to preach go and sit down and ask God for forgiveness for the souls you have sent to hell fire due to you occultic teaching.

I pity your. gullible followers who would rather remain with you than to change to a bible believing church
SMH. surely the end is near.
Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by tammie24: 11:51am On Oct 11, 2014
Tallesty1:
He is got an itchy butt-hole.
Nice one grin
Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by Tallesty1(m): 11:51am On Oct 11, 2014
chimoz:
The man is on point. In as much as gay is bad, to criminalise it will be setting a very bad precedence to their desire to change. The best thing is to integrate them into the society and help them change themselves.(Or corrupt othersundecided)
I believe none of them chose to be gay, condition made them to be the way they are and threatening to send them to prison will only plunge them into the closet and exposing them to unhealthy lifestyles as well as to idiots in human forms who would choose to lynch them.
What should be criminalised is gay marriage which is foreign to our culture. but gay is not peculiar to any particular culture or people. It has been there and will always be there.
However, our inept lawmakers knowing fully well that they make laws for gullible people chose to criminalise it so as to score cheap political point. I think they should have first of all criminalised fighting in the legislative chambers which is a great dent on our national image.
Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
Pastors of nowadays no longer say the truth, but what the people desire to hear.

If Jesus had told his people what they desire to hear, they would have accepted wholeheartedly.

Let him ask God why he destroyed the people of lut because of their “ sexual orientation“.
Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by Soloter(m): 12:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
He's one of them.
Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by iykmora(m): 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2014
Grammar is in trouble...smh while reading some posts! angry

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by tens4real(m): 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
IS VERY OBVIOUS
Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by Trailblazer1(m): 1:00pm On Oct 11, 2014
I reserve my comments to this catholic hypocrisy.

Dear pope,
Please allow your subordinates to get married before they start raping INSECTS
Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by Melinde: 1:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
candidbabe:
Oh! I am not surprised, when the catholic church members don't go to church with the holy bible. when what they read in the church is bulletin (pamphlet)

Chai !!!!! the word of God is not being preached in the catholic church. no wonder so many people see that church as an occultic gathering.

Why did God destroy soddom and gomorrah in the bible with rains of fire from heaven, is not because they practiced homosexuality?
Mr arch bishop if you don't know what to preach go and sit down and ask God for forgiveness for the souls you have sent to hell fire due to you occultic teaching.

I pity your. gullible followers who would rather remain with you than to change to a bible believing church
SMH. surely the end is near.
Shataappp! What did the bible say? Thou shall not judge So that you won't be judged. Leave everything to God.

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by candidbabe(f): 10:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
Melinde:
Shataappp! What did the bible say? Thou shall not judge So that you won't be judged. Leave everything to God.

Now I see ,you are one of them.
Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by malele(m): 10:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
lilprinze:
what is this world turning into, a whole Archbishop defending gays. Please someone should help me ask him the reason why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah it seems he has forgotten some parts of the Bible.

Lol saw this comment on LIB
Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by Melinde: 5:54pm On Oct 13, 2014
candidbabe:

Now I see ,you are one of them.
Who are you to judge God's creature? I am a proud Catholic and I must defend whatever that concerns it whenever someone with myopic reasoning like you talks.
Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by candidbabe(f): 11:17pm On Oct 13, 2014
Melinde:
Who are you to judge God's creature? I am a proud Catholic and I must defend whatever that concerns it whenever someone with myopic reasoning like you talks.

God creature indeed, I am yet to see where God did not punish his children in the bible when they disobeyed him.
anyway I don't have time for an occultic catholic like you who never reads the bible. you only go by what your so called reverend fathers and arch bishop say.

The laws of the country had meted out punishment for them oya go and die
I don't blame you this what your revd. fathers who vow not to marry but behind closed doors they commit homosexual activities are doing so,why won't they defend them.

A proud catholic indeed.
Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by Melinde: 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
candidbabe:

God creature indeed, I am yet to see where God did not punish his children in the bible when they disobeyed him.
anyway I don't have time for an occultic catholic like you who never reads the bible. you only go by what your so called reverend fathers and arch bishop say.

The laws of the country had meted out punishment for them oya go and die
I don't blame you this what your revd. f athers who vow not to marry but behind closed doors they commit homosexual activities are doing so,why won't they defend them. A proud catholic indeed.
Run your own race and let me run my own race lets see who makes heaven. The laws of men are not meant for children of God, obey the commandments of God. May God forgive you for judging and condemning His creatures
Re: Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them by candidbabe(f): 10:16am On Oct 16, 2014
Melinde:
Run your own race and let me run my own race lets see who makes heaven. The laws of men are not meant for children of God, obey the commandments of God. May God forgive you for judging and condemning His creatures

Amen

(1) (Reply)

MUST-WATCH! "Ebele" True Life Story Of Mr President Set To Be Premiered.(video) / A Request To All Progressives And Everyone To Ignore Barcanista / Mimiko's Projects In Akure Alone!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.