Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 (11751 Views)

What Are The Issues With Golf 4 / Issues With Golf 4 / Toyota Corolla Dx Or Golf 4-pls Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 by bisi16(m): 3:23pm On Oct 11, 2014
Ur inputs plz.. Putting into consideration, mpg & naija mechanic wahala :-)

Thanks
Re: Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 by bisi16(m): 5:03pm On Oct 11, 2014
Any1?

1 Like

Re: Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 12, 2014
I have done several Volkswagen Golf III / IV write-ups in this section. Sometimes it pays to carry out a search, and read through the various threads.

1 Like

Re: Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 12, 2014
Avoid the 1.8Ts, the Turbo'd engines have questionable long term reliability issues, when you then add the 'nigerian mechanic' factor = ideal recipe for disaster. the ones to consider are the 2.0L and 1.6L variants... The 100bhp 1.6s have a lethargic performance but can tolerate much more abuses here (I have driven one extensively). U just have to watch out for the sump (called the 'bottom plate' in local circles) becuz it is made of aluminium and can be damaged easily (thanks to our roads) .... leading to catastrophic engine oil loss and could potentially make the engine a write-off. Make sure you avoid those equipped with automatic transmissions... a manual is ur best bet. and one more thing, the adhesive used in the interior trim could have issues if the car is parked under sunlight for a prolonged period of time.
* remember to change their timing belts or u could lose the engine if it snaps at high speed.

4 Likes

Re: Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 by bisi16(m): 1:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
Siena:
I have done several Volkswagen Golf III / IV write-ups in this section. Sometimes it pays to carry out a search, and read through the various threads.
Mr Siena, thanx but I'm not talkn abt golf 3, as I already have & want to dispose it & get golf 4 but I dnt knw which spec of golf 4 to get.. Wld still like ur input plz

platinumricky:
Avoid the 1.8Ts, the Turbo'd engines have questionable long term reliability issues, when you then add the 'nigerian mechanic' factor = ideal recipe for disaster. the ones to consider are the 2.0L and 1.6L variants... The 100bhp 1.6s have a lethargic performance but can tolerate much more abuses here (I have driven one extensively). U just have to watch out for the sump (called the 'bottom plate' in local circles) becuz it is made of aluminium and can be damaged easily (thanks to our roads) .... leading to catastrophic engine oil loss and could potentially make the engine a write-off. Make sure you avoid those equipped with automatic transmissions... a manual is ur best bet. and one more thing, the adhesive used in the interior trim could have issues if the car is parked under sunlight for a prolonged period of time.
* remember to change their timing belts or u could lose the engine if it snaps at high speed.
Wow! Thanx a lot
Re: Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
Mk Iv golf parts are significantly pricier than mk iii parts so watch out.
* their suspensions are not as rugged as the Mk IIIs (Have u ever wondered why few are used as taxis?)

1 Like

Re: Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 by bisi16(m): 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2014
platinumricky:
Mk Iv golf parts are significantly pricier than mk iii parts so watch out.
* their suspensions are not as rugged as the Mk IIIs (Have u ever wondered why few are used as taxis?)
Thanx bro.. Neva thot of it
Re: Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 by sultaan(m): 9:49pm On Oct 12, 2014
Anytime you want to buy a car always get the one with bigger engine because it is the best trim.if you are paying the same or more for the basic trim then you are shortchanging yourself.

Don't worry about fuel economy because the bigger engine will last longer

4 Likes

Re: Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 by bisi16(m): 12:33am On Oct 13, 2014
Thank u all 4 ur advice..
Re: Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 by ollyspice: 6:52am On Jul 27, 2016
bisi16:
Thank u all 4 ur advice..

Hi Bisi, did u later get the golf 4 ? Which did u get and what has been your experience so far? I'm planning on getting one (2.0)as well. So I'll appreciate your response. Tnx
Re: Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 by Kashif(m): 8:58am On Jul 27, 2016
Siena:

And I was eyeing the turbo. Are they that bad?
Re: Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 by simdeal(m): 6:26am On May 23, 2018
do I hear someone say he wants to sell off golf3 to acquire golf 4?please my people understand that Golf 4 is a total disappointment and not in any
Re: Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 by diportivo: 1:01pm On May 23, 2018
simdeal:
do I hear someone say he wants to sell off golf3 to acquire golf 4?please my people understand that Golf 4 is a total disappointment and not in any

dancok.......is that u

1 Like

Re: Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 23, 2018
diportivo:

dancok.......is that u

no, not yet, am still enjoying my Golf 4 even better than before, i don't know the magic behind it.

1 Like

Re: Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 by sultaan(m): 1:33am On May 24, 2018
dancok:
no, not yet, am still enjoying my Golf 4 even better than before, i don't know the magic behfind it.

You really still enjoying g your lightly toasted car?

1 Like

Re: Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 by cynacob28: 11:34am On Jul 08, 2021
Am using golf4 that is carrying golf 3 engine very rugged like complete golf 3 no issues since I have been using it

1 Like

Re: Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 by RZArecta(m): 12:33pm On Jul 08, 2021
cynacob28:
Am using golf4 that is carrying golf 3 engine very rugged like complete golf 3 no issues since I have been using it
manual or Auto transmission ?
Re: Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 by dkdigits(m): 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
Used a golf 4, for about 7-8years. Manual, 1.6ltr engine. Quite rugged actually...often had problems with the gear selector, that low hanging aluminum oil sump, and mayb the poor head lights. Wonderful fuel consumption.
Oh yeah, the radiator fan, once it gets bad, replacement dnt last.
Generally a fair ride. I miss it.

1 Like

Re: Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 by rickpat(m): 4:51pm On May 12, 2022
candidlady

you were stoned?

candid I had to come here to really tell you this...see cand you are a wonderful person,smart and intelligent but you should not allow this gold thing control you...you have made mistakes but he without mistake should cast the first stone...no one would cast that stone... please give this whole gold thing a total break before it breaks you...the last thing I would ever do is to come here and judge you or tell you lies...please candid put this gold aside...I don't know your qualification or career path but trust me...you would do better if you let go of all that..replace and occupy your mind with something else...it's not easy...I know but it's possible...I see alot of potential in you from the way you write and give advise sometimes... apologize to your folks...and put in the work to stay away from the gold thing...you are a wonderful person deep down please don't allow this gold put you in a corner where you light and glory will be tamed...please...I always wish you would let this gold thing go ....

THINK ABOUT THIS....one day your parents won't be around...wont you look back and wish you did somethings differently?...that you made them more happier?..that you made some better choices?...think about it...turn the tables for a second...if you were your mum and you had just one child...one daughter and she is doing all these..... I'm not stoning you..I will never stone you...never...but think about everything...I really wish you see reasons with your folks and with me.... please go back home .. staying away will make things worse...stay blessed

(1) (Reply)

How Reliable Is Nissan Pathfinder / Reasons Why Electric Cars Have Only 1 Gear & Not Multi-geared Like Typical Cars / How Well Do You Know Your Automobile?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.