Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

I Want To Start A Pharmacy - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Start A Pharmacy (2392 Views)

How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career? / What Does It Take To Own A Pharmacy Store? / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Start A Pharmacy by drafrican: 4:20pm On Oct 11, 2014
I am a dr and I want to open a pharmacy
1)how much capital do I need in Lagos
2)step by stem processes from registration to take off
3)tax matters
4)personelle and salaries
Pls I need advice on all the above also profit
How to pick a good location
Re: I Want To Start A Pharmacy by alentyno: 6:33am On Oct 12, 2014
Go to their thread and ask them. They will advice more.
https://www.nairaland.com/1452911/pharmacists-pharmacy-students-interns-home
Tags: adeoladrg
Re: I Want To Start A Pharmacy by adeoladrg(m): 9:49am On Oct 12, 2014
Sorry to burst ur bubbles doc. It'd pay you better to open an hospital where you can act in the confines of your professional autonomy.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start A Pharmacy by idu1(m): 10:00am On Oct 12, 2014
adeoladrg:
Sorry to burst ur bubbles doc. It'd pay you better to open an hospital where you can act in the confines of your professional autonomy.
wtf is ur problem? Must someone b a pharmacist b4 he own a pharmacy? As long as the pharm is run by a registered pharmacist
Re: I Want To Start A Pharmacy by adeoladrg(m): 10:59am On Oct 12, 2014
idu1:
wtf is ur problem? Must someone b a pharmacist b4 he own a pharmacy? As long as the pharm is run by a registered pharmacist

We all know that's the argument you put in front. It'll be run by a registered pharmacist? *bluffs* I so wish!
Worst that'll happen is he'll pay a pharmacist to register the premise for him and that's it.

Note that it's against our professional ethics for medical doctors or nurses to run a pharmacy. Be it ambulatory or community. Get informed!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Start A Pharmacy by idu1(m): 11:21am On Oct 12, 2014
When u later graduate nd become a pharmacist dont issue ur cert. To non pharm for premises registration.
adeoladrg:

We all know that's the argument you put in front. It'll be run by a registered pharmacist? *bluffs* I so wish!
Worst that'll happen is he'll pay a pharmacist to register the premise for him and that's it.

Note that it's against our professional ethics for medical doctors or nurses to run a pharmacy. Be it ambulatory or community. Get informed!
Re: I Want To Start A Pharmacy by Morotov1(m): 12:47pm On Oct 12, 2014
You want to open a pharmacy to dispense drugs while you are trained to prescribe drugs. Isn't somebody mixing things up here?
Why not get a degree in pharmacy then?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start A Pharmacy by alentyno: 2:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
Morotov1:
You want to open a pharmacy to dispense drugs while you are trained to prescribe drugs. Isn't somebody mixing things up here?
Why not get a degree in pharmacy then?
Are you for real? Haven't you heard of the term 'locum pharmacist'. You definitely sound like a pharmacy student smh
Re: I Want To Start A Pharmacy by Morotov1(m): 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2014
alentyno:

Are you for real? Haven't you heard of the term 'locum pharmacist'. You definitely sound like a pharmacy student smh
For real as in how? Locum pharmacist as in locum doctor?
In a lawless country/state of your origin it is quite obtainable but it is frowned on if it is not operated and charged by a certified pharmacist whether locum or not according to international best practices.
If you have itchy fingers for benefits of pharmacy, get the degree. Personally I hate shortcuts.

Meanwhile, I am not a pharmacist... working or still in school....whatsoever.
Re: I Want To Start A Pharmacy by alentyno: 3:26pm On Oct 12, 2014
Morotov1:
In a lawless country/state of your origin it is quite obtainable but it is frowned on if it is not operated and charged by a certified pharmacist whether locum or not according to international best practices.
If you have itchy fingers for benefits of pharmacy, get the degree. Personally I hate shortcuts.

What you just wrote is very correct. But then the people who are the chief promoters of such shorthcuts are the pharmacists themselves esp the fresh grads with itchy palms for secret cash. Yes they aided the breaching of those corrupt practices and when it starts affecting them they cry foul. It is absurdly hypocritical
Re: I Want To Start A Pharmacy by adeoladrg(m): 3:49pm On Oct 12, 2014
idu1:
When u later graduate nd become a pharmacist dont issue ur cert. To non pharm for premises registration.

This is one of the issues killing healthcare we are trying to curb. If it were really true that a registered pharmacist will be on ground for at least 6-8 hours per day, I'd be willing to help.

Issuing my certificate to non pharm for premise reg is going to devalue health care or nah?
Re: I Want To Start A Pharmacy by adeoladrg(m): 3:54pm On Oct 12, 2014
alentyno:

What you just wrote is very correct. But then the people who are the chief promoters of such shorthcuts are the pharmacists themselves esp the fresh grads with itchy palms for secret cash. Yes they aided the breaching of those corrupt practices and when it starts affecting them they cry foul. It is absurdly hypocritical

It's also hypocritical when I told him to open an hospital instead of a pharmacy yeah?

Like I said, PSN started curbing this thing last year by enacting the anti R&G law. Only the enforcement part of PCN is very weak, very very weak! That's gets settled and we won't have to talk about this again, more sugar for my tea plss!
Re: I Want To Start A Pharmacy by adeoladrg(m): 3:54pm On Oct 12, 2014
Morotov1:

Re: I Want To Start A Pharmacy by alentyno: 4:10pm On Oct 12, 2014
adeoladrg:

It's also hypocritical when I told him to open an hospital instead of a pharmacy yeah?
No. It is hypocritical when pharmacists do R&G and at the same lament about an igbo man in onitsha owning a 'pharmacist-less' pharmacy.

Like I said, PSN started curbing this thing last year by enacting the anti R&G law. Only the enforcement part of PCN is very weak, very very weak! That's gets settled and we won't have to talk about this again, more sugar for my tea plss!
More like it.
Re: I Want To Start A Pharmacy by Sunnypar(m): 10:55pm On Oct 12, 2014
This is one of the major problem with Nairalanders, a simple questions that requires a very simple answer turns into. a war of words. Op send a mail to de.knollconsulting@yahoo.com subject procedures to opening a pharmacy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Bitter Truth About Nigeria Customs And The Challenge Ahead Of The New CG / Highest Paid In Offshore- Welding Engineers From (pti) / Opportunity For Physics Graduates.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.