Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

What Does It Take To Own A Pharmacy Store? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Does It Take To Own A Pharmacy Store? (1668 Views)

Medicine Or Pharmacy?which Should I Go For?? / How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career? / What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Take To Own A Pharmacy Store? by MercyMercy(f): 10:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
I did not study Pharmacy but Cell Biology and Genetics. I love things about health. Being a Medical Doctor was my aim but cut-off marks after three attempts made me go for an alternative course. Now that I am out of sch, I still av this passion for health.
Pls people, what will it take me to own a Pharmacy?
Re: What Does It Take To Own A Pharmacy Store? by mandarin: 10:42pm On Feb 17, 2015
MercyMercy:
I did not study Pharmacy but Cell Biology and Genetics. I love things about health. Being a Medical Doctor was my aim but cut-off marks after three attempts made me go for an alternative course. Now that I am out of sch, I still av this passion for health.

interesting
Re: What Does It Take To Own A Pharmacy Store? by MercyMercy(f): 1:37pm On Feb 18, 2015
Is it possible to do a post-graduate in Pharmacy?
Re: What Does It Take To Own A Pharmacy Store? by Ahmed4002(m): 9:19pm On Apr 06, 2015
MercyMercy:
Is it possible to do a post-graduate in Pharmacy?

It's doesn't take much. Advise just get a work and serve as a pharmacy attendant in a well and reputable pharmacy within your locality, within few years you would be familiar with the job. I know someone without even a degree just ssce* but he knows everything about pharmaceutical. When you achieve your experience then you negotiate with your boss and then open a new branch but license under him and do attend some of their training and seminars.
Re: What Does It Take To Own A Pharmacy Store? by MercyMercy(f): 9:56pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ahmed4002:

It's doesn't take much. Advise just get a work and serve as a pharmacy attendant in a well and reputable pharmacy within your locality, within few years you would be familiar with the job. I know someone without even a degree just ssce* but he knows everything about pharmaceutical. When you achieve your experience then you negotiate with your boss and then open a new branch but license under him and do attend some of their training and seminars.
Thank you so much for this piece. I really appreciate it.
Re: What Does It Take To Own A Pharmacy Store? by Ahmed4002(m): 10:00pm On Apr 06, 2015
MercyMercy:

Thank you so much for this piece. I really appreciate it.

you welcome.
All the best in your career

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Own A Pharmacy Store? by idu1(m): 9:42am On Apr 08, 2015
If u ve enough money u can open a pharmacy and employ a pharmacist to cover.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Own A Pharmacy Store? by CrazyMan(m): 2:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
MercyMercy:
The answer to your question depends on a number of factors. Where did you get your degree in Cell Biology? How long have you practiced? You would also need to show your NYSC discharge certificate or exemption certificate depending along with your degree certificate (of course) and then pay the required fees and you'll be registered. If you are really serious about it, Whenever you are in Abuja, a visit to the Pharmacist's Council will give you more specific details.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Own A Pharmacy Store? by EHITZ(m): 2:10pm On Apr 14, 2015
Its very simple. what you do is, get a person who is a certified pharmacist (i have so many of them, if you need any), then you can include him as a director of your pharmaceutical company for the purpose of registering it as a limited liability company.that is the requirement by the Corporate Affairs Commission. but if you want to avoid that, there is another way out, you can also register it as an enterprise (business name) and then, it can only be tagged a patent medicine company. either way, i will be willing to assist you to set up a pharmaceutical company.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Own A Pharmacy Store? by MercyMercy(f): 9:26am On Apr 17, 2015
CrazyMan:

The answer to your question depends on a number of factors. Where did you get your degree in Cell Biology? How long have you practiced? You would also need to show your NYSC discharge certificate or exemption certificate depending along with your degree certificate (of course) and then pay the required fees and you'll be registered. If you are really serious about it, Whenever you are in Abuja, a visit to the Pharmacist's Council will give you more specific details.

Good luck.
Thanks for responding.
To your questions, I got my B.Sc Cell Biology from the University of Lagos and I will be going for my Nysc in May.
Re: What Does It Take To Own A Pharmacy Store? by MercyMercy(f): 9:31am On Apr 17, 2015
EHITZ:
Its very simple. what you do is, get a person who is a certified pharmacist (i have so many of them, if you need any), then you can include him as a director of your pharmaceutical company for the purpose of registering it as a limited liability company.that is the requirement by the Corporate Affairs Commission. but if you want to avoid that, there is another way out, you can also register it as an enterprise (business name) and then, it can only be tagged a patent medicine company. either way, i will be willing to assist you to set up a pharmaceutical company.
Ohh ok. Thank you for ur help. I am not ready to open it now as I am preparing going for my youth service. Just wanted to know wat it takes so I can plan ahead.

(1) (Reply)

Just Got A Job with a federal Government agency,which State Should I Pick? / Epi-derm Silicon Gel Sheet 12cm X 14.5cm / Price Of Steel Sections In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.