Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Help Out An Aspiring Electrical Engineering Student - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help Out An Aspiring Electrical Engineering Student (869 Views)

What Do I Need To Know As An Aspiring Banker! / System Engineering Vs Electrical Engineering / Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Out An Aspiring Electrical Engineering Student by beatsbyj2g(m): 5:21pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hi, pls I need help, my dad wants me to study agricultural engineering but have always loved electrical.
I need to know more about d field in other to convince my dad about my future ambitions.

I need help on
1 what electrical engineering is all about ?
2 Where can I work ?
3 How relevant is it in Nigeria today?
4 For someone like me dat love ICT which should I rather go for power or telecommunications?
5 if not electrical engineering which is similar or better

Thanks BTW chemistry is my best subject have won several awards in different shuls
And futa or the polytechnic of Ibadan
Re: Help Out An Aspiring Electrical Engineering Student by destino24(m): 5:42pm On Oct 11, 2014
EEE is totally ok, if you like ICT, you should go into telecom. CEE is an alternative.

You might also wanna ask your dad why he really wants ABE (Agricultural and Bioresource Engineering).

You said you are good with chemistry, i hope you're good with maths too cos that's what engineering is mostly all about (at least for universities).

All Engineering disciplines are all relevant and lucrative, that's one of the reasons why engineering is wonderful.
Re: Help Out An Aspiring Electrical Engineering Student by HWatt(m): 5:46pm On Oct 11, 2014
electrical / electronics engr. is a broad course. an elect elect can work almost everywhere depending on the area of the field they specialized on. since you love ict I prefer you go for electronics there you can reach telecom. all aras of elect elect contain money it just require your brain to do the work. you can also go for chemical engr. since you know chem. much it also needs your brain, you can work in cements factories, refineries, petrolchem. industries and many more, in fact chem. engrs are very flexible they are employed sharp sharp as long as you know it very well. I want to go for that but it was not yet accredited in the school I applied for so I went for elect elect engr. beccause I also like it. go for the one you know best

goodluck friend.
Re: Help Out An Aspiring Electrical Engineering Student by beatsbyj2g(m): 10:01am On Oct 12, 2014
destino24:
EEE is totally ok, if you like ICT, you should go into telecom. CEE is an alternative.

You might also wanna ask your dad why he really wants ABE (Agricultural and Bioresource Engineering).

You said you are good with chemistry, i hope you're good with maths too cos that's what engineering is mostly all about (at least for universities).

All Engineering disciplines are all relevant and lucrative, that's one of the reasons why engineering is wonderful.
thanks . my dad wants me to study agric because of he has many connections in our state so getting a loan to establish myself agriculturally won't be a problem.

I like maths n physics also
Re: Help Out An Aspiring Electrical Engineering Student by beatsbyj2g(m): 10:03am On Oct 12, 2014
HWatt:
electrical / electronics engr. is a broad course. an elect elect can work almost everywhere depending on the area of the field they specialized on. since you love ict I prefer you go for electronics there you can reach telecom. all aras of elect elect contain money it just require your brain to do the work. you can also go for chemical engr. since you know chem. much it also needs your brain, you can work in cements factories, refineries, petrolchem. industries and many more, in fact chem. engrs are very flexible they are employed sharp sharp as long as you know it very well. I want to go for that but it was not yet accredited in the school I applied for so I went for elect elect engr. beccause I also like it. go for the one you know best

goodluck friend.
thanks but chemical engineering doesn't really have any practical like mechanical or electrical
Re: Help Out An Aspiring Electrical Engineering Student by beatsbyj2g(m): 10:07am On Oct 12, 2014
Am considering communications elect eng. But I dont really understand d commuter part of d course coz every body I ask abt EEE would immediately say NEPA

(1) (Reply)

TGIF: Ten Funny Interview Answers And Work Quotes To Spice Up Your Day / Illnesses Commonly Encounter By Call Center Agent...... / What Professional Course Do You Suggest I Take?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.