Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,091 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

2015 Election: Political Associates Pressurised Me To Contest - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Election: Political Associates Pressurised Me To Contest - Buhari (554 Views)

Bayelsa PDP Expels Eight Of Jonathan's Political Associates, Others / Jonathan Stops PDP’s Bid To Contest Buhari’s Victory / The 2015 Election Political Maths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Election: Political Associates Pressurised Me To Contest - Buhari by butanep(m): 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2014
Former Nigerian military head of state and All Progressive Congress, APC, presidential aspirant, General Muhammadu Buhari has risen in self defence over his decision to reverse his decision not contest for elective office again.
Just before the 2011 general elections, Buhari publicly declared that the elections would be his last outing as a presidential candidate.
In a six-page letter written to selected notable Nigerians, Buhari explained that since his statement in 2011 he had been under tremendous pressure from his political associates and admirers not to leave competitive politics.
The APC chieftain holds the view that all indices of good governance have deteriorated in the country with the unpleasant consequences of insecurity, unemployment, power failure, falling educational and health standards, corruption and social injustice.
He said that in the face of such a situation one cannot say he is tired and wash his hands off responsibility Buhari said that after extensive consultations he has decided to seek the presidential ticket of APC, a fusion of major opposition parties.
For me I don't see any reason why Buhari should contest after been defeated several times. I think Nigeria don't need the old blood any longer but a fresh and vibrant man that can transform the country.
Nigeria need change but not certainly from Buhari... He should just stay away from competitive politics and act more as an Elder states man... That's my opinion.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Political Associates Pressurised Me To Contest - Buhari by lolade123: 6:19pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hello Nairalanders, my Team Horizon built a chandelier from scratch using waste materials hence we need your vote to qualify for the next stage of d competition. Kindly follow this link http://woobox.com/odgogp/vote/for/4917708 to vote. Thank u and God bless

Re: 2015 Election: Political Associates Pressurised Me To Contest - Buhari by mperoakeem(m): 6:23pm On Oct 11, 2014
k
Re: 2015 Election: Political Associates Pressurised Me To Contest - Buhari by jaytee01(m): 6:13am On Oct 12, 2014
Na today! Who has ever agreed that he went into politics of his own volition in Nigeria? They have always been drafted in not by their greed for the spoils of office but phantom teeming supporters and associates.

(1) (Reply)

Sad: Bayelsa State Independent Electoral Commission Sec. Assasinated / 30,000 New Polling Units’ Crisis Ahead Of 2015: Jega Dares Senate / Jonathan May Not Win 2015 Election - Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.