Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Help With This O - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help With This O (1355 Views)

Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With This O by onagoodday: 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2014
Please nairalanders, i bought a honda academy from some one and after my mechanic assessed it, he advised me to change d engine, so i bought a complete engine
, but he told me that honda hala engine was more durable than the I Vtec that came with car, i listened to him an bought a H.hala engine, he changed it, he also did a rewiring as d hala engine does not come with sensor, after all said n done, the car started doing BRAKE N QUENCH, they v changed fuel pump,filter, throttle sensor,oil n many things i can not recollect, but the problem persists...please somebody help me before i get wrecked
Re: Help With This O by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 11, 2014
Lol you are wrecked already..
This one na Medicine after death, buh i believe in After-life (eternity).
There is still hope for your car tho, it can still make heaven, since you confessed your sin and that of the car on Car talk section.
Is Honda Academy the accord before the Babyboy, right after the Hala.. am i right?

1 Like

Re: Help With This O by lonelydora: 10:58pm On Oct 11, 2014
Please tell us the car models with year of manufacture and not local names.
Re: Help With This O by Lexusgs430: 11:55pm On Oct 11, 2014
Since this mechanic has all this weird and beautiful transplanting ideology, why do you not just give him a blank cheque to keep him busy spending all your money ?
By the time he finishes his transplanting operation, your car would have a Honda crosstour engine.
Re: Help With This O by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:23am On Oct 12, 2014
onagoodday:
Please nairalanders, i bought a honda academy from some one and after my mechanic assessed it, he advised me to change d engine, so i bought a complete engine
, but he told me that honda hala engine was more durable than the I Vtec that came with car, i listened to him an bought a H.hala engine, he changed it, he also did a rewiring as d hala engine does not come with sensor, after all said n done, the car started doing BRAKE N QUENCH, they v changed fuel pump,filter, throttle sensor,oil n many things i can not recollect, but the problem persists...please somebody help me before i get wrecked

The honda accord (accedemy) 1994-1997 is equiped with a distributor and sometimes a cranck shaft position sensor, these 2 sensors tell the ecm(brain box) how fast the engine rotates and at what angle. The honda accord (halla)1989-1993 DOES NOT use a crank position sensor only uses a distributor, now swaping both engines requires modifications in the harness and probably an ecm swap also, while I doubt you did an ecm swap some how the engine has been made to start and run but in terrible shape and probably in limp mode.

Swaping an engine requires swaping an EXACT match that way all the sensors required are all there, the accord engine (accedemy) is very reliable and relatively cheap (40-45k) there was no point going back to an older engine.

Ordinarily I would have told you to tell your mechanic to check the IACV (idle air control valve)[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCCWTvhEWCmkMlYtfQYjbIcjs8PSRu65oUnO-oQQxewcokceb8RE6XlHU[/img] located behind the intake

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPZEgJmxsTOFVyT6GUqk2L_GJICOc1FkXp1EoEHO-wBhBABtwILgRIYaT9[/img]

But at this point I doubt this will do you any good.

So let's go the crooked and narrow path.

1. Buy your exact engine
2. Return your wiring back to its exact specification
OR
Since you want to go all halla
1. Buy a 1989-1993 ecm and harness
2.Get a good "sparky" to wire it up.

There are no shortcuts to your present problem, our mechanics can be very convincing and lead you the wrong way.

Good luck.
Re: Help With This O by sultaan(m): 3:47am On Oct 12, 2014
Why buy a reliable car and have to replace engine?

Bad decision on your part without proper counsel.
Re: Help With This O by onagoodday: 7:17am On Oct 12, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

The honda accord (accedemy) 1994-1997 is equiped with a distributor and sometimes a cranck shaft position sensor, these 2 sensors tell the ecm(brain box) how fast the engine rotates and at what angle. The honda accord (halla)1989-1993 DOES NOT use a crank position sensor only uses a distributor, now swaping both engines requires modifications in the harness and probably an ecm swap also, while I doubt you did an ecm swap some how the engine has been made to start and run but in terrible shape and probably in limp mode.

Swaping an engine requires swaping an EXACT match that way all the sensors required are all there, the accord engine (accedemy) is very reliable and relatively cheap (40-45k) there was no point going back to an older engine.

Ordinarily I would have told you to tell your mechanic to check the IACV (idle air control valve)[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCCWTvhEWCmkMlYtfQYjbIcjs8PSRu65oUnO-oQQxewcokceb8RE6XlHU[/img] located behind the intake

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPZEgJmxsTOFVyT6GUqk2L_GJICOc1FkXp1EoEHO-wBhBABtwILgRIYaT9[/img]

But at this point I doubt this will do you any good.

So let's go the crooked and narrow path.

1. Buy your exact engine
2. Return your wiring back to its exact specification
OR
Since you want to go all halla
1. Buy a 1989-1993 ecm and harness
2.Get a good "sparky" to wire it up.

There are no shortcuts to your present problem, our mechanics can be very convincing and lead you the wrong way.

Good luck.

thank you so much bro..they guy that sold d engine took me to one so called best car electrician...who after looking at the whole thing told me that d problem is with wiring and that the former electrician did wire not the distributor well...i am just scared
Re: Help With This O by onagoodday: 7:20am On Oct 12, 2014
sultaan:
Why buy a reliable car and have to replace engine?

Bad decision on your part without proper counsel.

i guess it is a bad decision..four mechanics had looked into it separately and said d problem is not with engine but the wiring...
Re: Help With This O by onagoodday: 7:24am On Oct 12, 2014
Bossforeva:
Lol you are wrecked already..
This one na Medicine after death, buh i believe in After-life (eternity).
There is still hope for your car tho, it can still make heaven, since you confessed your sin and that of the car on Car talk section.
Is Honda Academy the accord before the Babyboy, right after the Hala.. am i right?
yeah..you are right...
Re: Help With This O by Readonee35L(m): 4:58pm On Oct 12, 2014
God!!!
what have you done?? cry cry cry cry

why did you destroy the life of the humble car?
That car has a very reliable engine and tranny, i dont even know why you changed the engine in the first place(Excess Cash I Guess)....Even if there was a need to replace the engine why didnt you go for the exact type.... Now the car is messed up
my best advice ,return the engine you bought and add extra cash to the seller for your exact type of engine, and revert all does illegal wiring ...
my 10cents for you.

and if you still have enough cash to spend in the car you can tell your mechanic to fit in a 2012 honda cross tour engine cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Help With This O by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
Readonee35L:
God!!!
what have you done?? cry cry cry cry

why did you destroy the life of the humble car?
That car has a very reliable engine and tranny, i dont even know why you changed the engine in the first place(Excess Cash I Guess)....Even if there was a need to replace the engine why didnt you go for the exact type.... Now the car is messed up
my best advice ,return the engine you bought and add extra cash to the seller for your exact type of engine, and revert all does illegal wiring ...
my 10cents for you.

and if you still have enough cash to spend in the car you can tell your mechanic to fit in a 2012 honda cross tour engine cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

grin grin

The bolded for make sense die.

1 Like

Re: Help With This O by Readonee35L(m): 9:25pm On Oct 12, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

grin grin

The bolded for make sense die.

Lols My Man grin grin
Ova Make sense self. Mad speed and acceleration
But the money wey him go spend for transplant and the engine wiring self go buy 9ja used 09 accord

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Driving Alfa Romeo In Nigeria / Toyota Ex 330 Tokunbo Available For Sale / Innosion Motor Bus Was Seen In Ilorin Today With Kwara Plate Number,(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.