Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Mum’s Refusal To Have Her 5-year-old Daughter Circumcised Tears Families Apart - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum’s Refusal To Have Her 5-year-old Daughter Circumcised Tears Families Apart (4722 Views)

Suspected Ritualist Batters Wife In Ibadan, Oyo Over Refusal To Comply (graphic) / Woman Jailed In Nakuru, Kenya, For Having Sex With Her 5 Year Old Son / Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum’s Refusal To Have Her 5-year-old Daughter Circumcised Tears Families Apart by jumzzy448: 2:55pm On Oct 13, 2014
Animals....very wicked set of people. so in this jet change people still do female genital mutilation? Mtchewww
Re: Mum’s Refusal To Have Her 5-year-old Daughter Circumcised Tears Families Apart by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 13, 2014
honey86:

I got goose bumps watching this.

I had tears in my eyes when I first saw it.
Re: Mum’s Refusal To Have Her 5-year-old Daughter Circumcised Tears Families Apart by jayne8585yahoo(f): 4:20pm On Oct 13, 2014
Apart from the cosmetic consequences.

What about its effect on child birth in the case of keloid,Here,it forms a huge mass of scar tissue that cannot contract during labor which most times will result to ciseran session. some people's skin easily form keloid on a slightest piecing. Some can form a giant lump on the private part of the victim.

Pls,pls and let's join hand to stop Female Genital Mutilation because it kills not only the emotions of the victim but leaves her with a permanent reminder of the incident.
spread the news,

circumcision does not stop girls from being wayward
Re: Mum’s Refusal To Have Her 5-year-old Daughter Circumcised Tears Families Apart by sarutobie(m): 5:50pm On Oct 13, 2014
to be honest, I never really had much knowledge of female circumcision (or what it actually entails)..until now.Had to Google the images of the procedure and my gawd! even with line drawings of the process I got goosebumps. some even remove the clitoris and most of the labia minora completely! the girl's private part then looks all sewn up (in the extreme procedures)...nawao I no blame this woman wey carry her pikin disappear.
Re: Mum’s Refusal To Have Her 5-year-old Daughter Circumcised Tears Families Apart by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 13, 2014
sarutobie:
to be honest, I never really had much knowledge of female circumcision (or what it actually entails)..until now.Had to Google the images of the procedure and my gawd! even with line drawings of the process I got goosebumps. some even remove the clitoris and most of the labia minora completely! the girl's private part then looks all sewn up (in the extreme procedures)...nawao I no blame this woman wey carry her pikin disappear.

Watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkDuzLA8T9w

cry cry cry
Re: Mum’s Refusal To Have Her 5-year-old Daughter Circumcised Tears Families Apart by sarutobie(m): 6:14pm On Oct 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkDuzLA8T9w

cry cry cry
I dey talk say diagrams with line drawing dey do me one kyn for body you still dey tell me make i watch real life video??
Re: Mum’s Refusal To Have Her 5-year-old Daughter Circumcised Tears Families Apart by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 13, 2014
sarutobie:

I dey talk say diagrams with line drawing dey do me one kyn for body you still dey tell me make i watch real life video??

The content of the video explains the long term effects.
You don't have to watch it though.
Re: Mum’s Refusal To Have Her 5-year-old Daughter Circumcised Tears Families Apart by ladygogo: 12:08am On Oct 14, 2014
Didnt know someone already created a topic for it.

I wonder why some human beings will want to mutilate a child all in the name of culture and tradition.

I cant believe this act is still being committed in Nigeria when there is a Child Right's law in place? Beats me.

She is better off not marrying into that family.

I hope she gets all the help she needs and if possible file for asylum in one of the Western countries. na dis kain matter dem dey like.
Re: Mum’s Refusal To Have Her 5-year-old Daughter Circumcised Tears Families Apart by ladygogo: 12:12am On Oct 14, 2014
sassygal:

You mean apart from the myriad of infections and blood poisoning that would most likely occur, using knives and tools that are not sterilised, the serious bleeding that could occur - God help that the child won't have haemophilia and bleed to death. Most of them suffer mild to severe obstetric and gynaecological problems in future.

Depending on the degree or extent of circumcision, no circumcised female will enjoy sexual pleasure as the clitoris has been cut.

Read extensively on this subject while studying traditional medical methods and I believe no right thinking human will subject a child to this! Heck, after cutting they drop the slime from a snail on to the wound! #yuck

Yucky indeed. ANIMALS!!
Re: Mum’s Refusal To Have Her 5-year-old Daughter Circumcised Tears Families Apart by ladygogo: 12:15am On Oct 14, 2014
Definition of a strong woman.

That man is a selfish bastard!

1 Like

Re: Mum’s Refusal To Have Her 5-year-old Daughter Circumcised Tears Families Apart by kristen12(f): 9:13am On Oct 14, 2014
How did people come about the idea of FGM?
How did it even start?
I just saw the picture and its scary. In this day and age people still carry out this barbaric ritual. The people that carry this act out are heartless. And I sure its women that do it to their fellow women.
That is why its not good to have anything to do with weak men
Re: Mum’s Refusal To Have Her 5-year-old Daughter Circumcised Tears Families Apart by smartmom(f): 7:19pm On Oct 14, 2014
And notice how haughty they all are; claiming that the little girl belongs to them and that her mother who isnt even married yet to the man has no claim or right over what happens to her daughter. The weak and selfish man says he is confused. And had the boldness to say when they went to hunt down the mother of his kids(I refuse to call her his wife) in the church, she 'escaped' Imagine his language! is she a criminal? what legal claims does he or his backward people have on those kids by the way? What does our government say about this 'culture' from the backwoods? which ministry takes of this?

1 Like

Re: Mum’s Refusal To Have Her 5-year-old Daughter Circumcised Tears Families Apart by zboyd: 9:50pm On Oct 14, 2014

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Help!!! My Wife Farts At Will ! / Sex After Child Birth / Southafrican Man Gang-ra.ped By Three Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.