Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,793 members, 7,813,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike (3590 Views)

2019: PDP May Settle For Mark As Presidential Candidate, Ekweremadu As Deputy / Amaechi Left Over N7billion For Wike's Government - Aide / How First Lady ‘influenced Rivers Governorship Poll For Wike’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by james669: 9:00am On Oct 12, 2014
Fresh indications have emerged that the ruling Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) may field the Minister of State for Education, Nyesom Wike, as its candidate for the 2015 governorship election in Rivers State.

This goes contrary to earlier assumption that the party would not risk featuring yet another Ikwerre man in the state for Governorship. The incumbent Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, who would complete his second term by next year, comes from the same Local Government.

Following discussions and body language of the party leadership during the reconciliation meeting of the party held last week at the Legacy House, Maitama, Abuja, it was clear that the party would favour the minister.
A credible source at the meeting said that the choice of Wike at the national might not go down well with some chieftains of the party, including people like former Governor Peter Odili, among others.

“Odili did not say anything at the meeting. He was not looking happy when it looked as if the leadership of the party was bent on giving Wike his way to get the ticket of the party for next year’s election.
Source: http://www..com.ng/index.php/political-news/item/448-2015-election-rivers-pdp-may-settle-for-wike
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by size38: 10:32am On Oct 12, 2014
And here comes the dead and end of PDP in Rivers state too. Last few weeks I heard madam Ankio Briggs saying that If PDP fields Wike or another Ikwerre man that the kalabaris will vote against the PDP en mass.

5 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by james669: 6:44am On Oct 13, 2014
size38:
And here comes the dead and end of PDP in Rivers state too. Last few weeks I heard madam Ankio Briggs saying that If PDP fields Wike or another Ikwerre man that the kalabaris will vote against the PDP en mass.

That means one less state for PDP

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Dejohnbull: 7:51am On Oct 13, 2014
And here comes the rise of pdp in river state. U think that pdp caucus and nwc don't know what is good for them? A hunter must hav a gun, were is ankio brigg wen amechi move almost all pdp structures to apc? From senators, h of rep, 27 Rvha, commisoner's, lga chairmen, counsilors, to apc, and pdp was nothing, ankio was nowhere but wike was there. Don't be deceive amechi is looking for easy ride and unpopular candidate from pdp so that litle known apc magnus abe wil win, but he amechi hav fail not only ikwerre kinsmen both kalabaris, ogonis, ijaws, the fear of wike is the begining of wisdom for apc in rivers, let the best man do the job' who the cap fit?..........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 13, 2014
Dejohnbull:
And here comes the rise of pdp in river state. U think that pdp caucus and nwc don't know what is good for them? A hunter must hav a gun, were is ankio brigg wen amechi move almost all pdp structures to apc? From senators, h of rep, 27 Rvha, commisoner's, lga chairmen, counsilors, to apc, and pdp was nothing, ankio was nowhere but wike was there. Don't be deceive amechi is looking for easy ride and unpopular candidate from pdp so that litle known apc magnus abe wil win, but he amechi hav fail not only ikwerre kinsmen both kalabaris, ogonis, ijaws, the fear of wike is the begining of wisdom for apc in rivers, let the best man do the job' who the cap fit?..........

PDP fielding Wike is the biggest Amaechi (APC) nightmare. APC would wish for a lesser candidate but this is too bad for Amaechi.
I am sure he would not be in Nigeria on 29/05/15 to handover just like some ex-governors ran away in the past. My advice is that EFCC/DSS should confiscate all exiting governor's passports and restrict their movements 2-3 weeks before May 29, 2015.

Enough of all these nonsense, the Amaechis, Kwankwasos, Okorochas, Fasholas should be caged and made to hand-over and defend their looting of these states for APC, just as Fayemi is being asked to defend the N20B loot. The only defected governor that appears responsible is the Kwara state governor. Unfortunately, Saraki has caged him. Sincerely, I believe that that guy is not fully aligned with APC's usual outburst and noise. I am sure after 2015 elections, he would be returning to PDP where his soul truly resides.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by james669: 6:08pm On Oct 13, 2014
Wike will lose
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Dejohnbull: 7:15am On Oct 14, 2014
james669:
Wike will lose
Why? If he get pdp ticket' then the rest is history.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by thunderrider: 7:21am On Oct 14, 2014
then river state pdp is on the long thing
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Dejohnbull: 8:59am On Oct 14, 2014
thunderrider:
then river state pdp is on the long thing
Apc member's looking for easy pdp candidate to defeat since 1999?
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by talktimi(m): 9:06am On Oct 14, 2014
VERY BIG MISTAKE undecided
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 14, 2014
Fielding Wike is synonymous to dashing out the State Governorship to whoever APC is presenting on a platter of Gold! Wike's case will be worse than that of Iyola Omisore of Osun.

Quote me anywhere, Wike can never be governor of Rivers State for Now!!!

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Canme4u(m): 9:27am On Oct 14, 2014
baccaspace:
Fielding Wike is synonymous will dashing out the State Governorship to whoever APC is presenting on a platter of Gold! Wike's case will be worse than that of Iyola Omisore of Osun.

Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by talktimi(m): 9:46am On Oct 14, 2014
In all fairness and honesty, Wike should forget about the Rivers governorship. The Kalabari's and Ogonis have a more valid case to produce the next governor
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Ngwakwe: 9:47am On Oct 14, 2014
baccaspace:
Fielding Wike is synonymous to dashing out the State Governorship to whoever APC is presenting on a platter of Gold! Wike's case will be worse than that of Iyola Omisore of Osun.

This is the exact statement Abagworo made when I was campaigning for my Governor, Rochas Okorocha in 2010.

Politician don't sway elections in a free and fair contest, grassroot movements do.

I don't know the influence Wike commands outside uplands hence can't determine his chances.

However, if media gossips were reliable, it seems he is the strongest contender PDP has to offer but then Politics is no mathematics hence I cross my legs dey watch.
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Plus10(m): 9:57am On Oct 14, 2014
I know this is going to be a tough decision for pdp.But Wike still remains the popular candidate among them.
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by orinocopulse: 10:14am On Oct 14, 2014
If this happens, then I will go and vote for the first time. . AGAINST Wike!
This guy is absolutely useless. . Have you heard his statements? Like an agbero. . Sorry that's an INSULT TO AGBEROS!

Basically, if Wike wins then there's no hope for Rivers/Nigeria.

Orinoco pulse!
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 14, 2014
Ngwakwe:

This is the exact statement Abagworo made when I was campaigning for my Governor, Rochas Okorocha in 2010.

Politician don't sway elections in a free and fair contest, grassroot movements do.

I don't know the influence Wike commands outside uplands hence can't determine his chances.

However, if media gossips were reliable, it seems he is the strongest contender PDP has to offer but then Politics is no mathematics hence I cross my legs dey watch.
Brother Ngwakwe, the strongest contender PDP have is Hon Tonye Princewill. He is a Kalabari prince and the AC Candidate in 2007. Now in PDP, he will floor any candidate APC offer in both the Riverine and Upland. Aside Tonye Princewill, The is Senator George Sekibo who is relatively popular and with him on the ballot for PDP coupled with PDP's political machinery, the contest is 75% won. The candidate APC need to field so as to "stand" a Chance against Princewill or Sekibo is Hon. Dagogo Peterside. He is popular too and will need a very brilliant political campaign to be able to upstage the PDP. In short, as Rivers State is, the PDP have the upperhand but at the same time they will shoot themselves should they field Wike.
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Ngwakwe: 10:46am On Oct 14, 2014
baccaspace:
Brother Ngwakwe, the strongest contender PDP have is Hon Tonye Princewill. He is a Kalabari prince and the AC Candidate in 2007. Now in PDP, he will floor any candidate APC offer in both the Riverine and Upland. Aside Tonye Princewill, The is Senator George Sekibo who is relatively popular and with him on the ballot for PDP coupled with PDP's political machinery, the contest is 75% won. The candidate APC need to field so as to "stand" a Chance against Princewill or Sekibo is Hon. Dagogo Peterside. He is popular too and will need a very brilliant political campaign to be able to upstage the PDP. In short, as Rivers State is, the PDP have the upperhand but at the same time they will shoot themselves should they field Wike.

Then why is Wike's drum so loud with his GDM?

As it stands now, who do you think will win the PDP primaries in a free and fair contest between the three available contenders - Tonye Princewill, Senator George Sekibo and Nyesom Wike assuming there is no external manipulation

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 14, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Then why is Wike's drum so loud with his GDM?

As it stands now, who do you think will win the PDP primaries in a free and fair contest between the three available contenders - Tonye Princewill, Senator George Sekibo and Nyesom Wike assuming there is no external manipulation
GDM is Wike's political group, and the guy spends a lot of money on the Group. GDM is irrelevant in the Riverine Areas though.
In Free and Fair PDP's contest without manipulation, George Sekibo will clinch it. Princewill's closeness to Atiku Abubakar may not make PDP delegates give him the ticket. My take is that George Sekibo will win in a free and fair PDP Primaries.
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 14, 2014
baccaspace:

Nyesom Wike is an electoral machinery. He fits into the role Marshall Harry left in Rivers politics. Ask Amaechi, ask Odili...he was instrumental with their gubernatorial success little wonder he was privileged to serve Obio Akpor as council chairman for 8 years and later Minister.

What you don't know is that Wike prior to now was the henchman of Amaechi's administration. He calls the shot, nominate key political appointees while his suppose boss remains a puppet.

Wike is bigger than Amaechi in political grandstanding and Amaechi knows this and fears him.

The truth is that the political ruling class in Rivers state fears him like the legendary Sergeant Awuse and that should be his only albatross but Wike winning gubernatorial election under PDP, that's a certainty.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 14, 2014
Wike is another version of Fayose. Thugsbynature that's what they are.

Sorry for PDP o! Rivers State already belongs to APC.
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 14, 2014
baccaspace:

I can see your sentiment for your riverine area.

All the PDP elected members, appointees and coordinators are all members of GDI.
The PDP executive is also made up of GDI members and Wike fund them not forgetting they form the bulk of the elective congress.

My dear, Rivers PDP is GDI and GDI is PDP, how else do you intend to defeat Wike that has both party structure and grassroot mobilisation platform of the party? The only way to stop Wike is to disqualify him by whatever arrangement necessary.

Tony princewill is a paper tiger politician, he may not even get the votes of his kinmens in a congress and the only strong contender is Sekibo George who might use the Restoration Team group of Odili/ federal influence of PEJ to make an impact.
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 14, 2014
SeaGold:

Nyesom Wike is an electoral machinery. He fits into the role Marshall Harry left in Rivers politics. Ask Amaechi, ask Odili...he was instrumental with their gubernatorial success little wonder he was privileged to serve Obio Akpor as council chairman for 8 years and later Minister.

What you don't know is that Wike prior to now was the henchman of Amaechi's administration. He calls the shot, nominate key political appointees while his suppose boss remains a puppet.

Wike is bigger than Amaechi in political grandstanding and Amaechi knows this and fears him.

The truth is that the political ruling class in Rivers state fears him like the legendary Sergeant Awuse and that should be his only albatross but Wike winning gubernatorial election under PDP, that's a certainty.
Lol you are funny. Wike was instrumental to Amaechi's reelection just like Tonye Princewill, and co. If you don't know let me tell you, Mr. princewill had to drop his case in 2007 after Amaechi was announced by the SC as the elected Governor and nor Omehia. If Princewill had insisted on pursuing the case, it will be a case of Ngige Vs Obi 2003 and Princewill would have won the case. Yes, the PDP hierarchy will rather back AC's Princewill than a "Notorious" Amaechi in 2007. Where was Wike then? hahaha... You don't understand Rivers Politics. Comparing Wike to Harry? WTF? Harry was a grassroot man, very popular in the riverine areas along with Dikibo. Honestly, I don't even know why people overrate Nyesome Wike.
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 14, 2014
berem:
Wike is another version of Fayose. Thugsbynature that's what they are.

Sorry for PDP o! Rivers State already belongs to APC.

Show me a gentleman politician in Nigeria and I will show you his godfather.
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 14, 2014
SeaGold:

[s]
I can see your sentiment for your riverine area.[/s]

All the PDP elected members, appointees and coordinators are all members of GDI.
The PDP executive is also made up of GDI members and Wike fund them not forgetting they form the bulk of the elective congress.

My dear, Rivers PDP is GDI and GDI is PDP, how else do you intend to defeat Wike that has both party structure and grassroot mobilisation platform of the party? The only way to stop Wike is to disqualify him by whatever arrangement necessary.

Tony princewill is a paper tiger politician, he may not even get the votes of his kinmens in a congress and the only strong contender is Sekibo George who might use the Restoration Team group of Odili/ federal influence of PEJ to make an impact.
The crossed is unnecessary. Rivers Politics is not about the position you occupy but the influence you have. GDI is only slashing money up and down, politicians love free meal. But I tell you, in a free and fair primary contest, GDI will be floored. Wike can't stand the political power of Dame Patience Jonathan, who is the defacto political leader of PDP in the State and even more influential than GEJ(Quote me anywhere). If you must know, Wike was used by PEJ to tackle Amaechi because she knows that using a Riverine Person/non-Ikwerre will cause ethnic bickering. In 2007 Omehia was used, we are only seeing a repeat of 2007. Wike will be dumped!!! Finito
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 14, 2014
baccaspace:
Lol you are funny. Wike was instrumental to Amaechi's reelection just like Tonye Princewill, and co. If you don't know let me tell you, Mr. princewill had to drop his case in 2007 after Amaechi was announced by the SC as the elected Governor and nor Omehia. If Princewill had insisted on pursuing the case, it will be a case of Ngige Vs Obi 2003 and Princewill would have won the case. Yes, the PDP hierarchy will rather back AC's Princewill than a "Notorious" Amaechi in 2007. Where was Wike then? hahaha... You don't understand Rivers Politics. Comparing Wike to Harry? WTF? Harry was a grassroot man, very popular in the riverine areas along with Dikibo. Honestly, I don't even know why people overrate Nyesome Wike.

Like I said, Tonyo Princewill is nobody in Rivers politics. He is still begging for his political future till this day in Rivers state from the present crop of ruling Mafia.

Take it or leave it, the day Wike declares, Amaechi cabinet will be half full and his followers base depleted.

On a personal opinion, I don't like Wike....Politically, that's PDP only choice to reclaim the state
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 14, 2014
SeaGold:

Like I said, Tonyo Princewill is nobody in Rivers politics. He is still begging for his political future till this day in Rivers state from the present crop of ruling Mafia.

Take it or leave it, the day Wike declares, Amaechi cabinet will be half full and his followers base depleted.

On a personal opinion, I don't like Wike....Politically, that's PDP only choice to reclaim the state
You are very funny my friend. I don't know why you overrate Wike like this. Minus PEJ, Amaechi will grind Nyesome Wike QED!!!
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2014
baccaspace:
The crossed is unnecessary. Rivers Politics is not about the position you occupy but the influence you have. GDI is only slashing money up and down, politicians love free meal. But I tell you, in a free and fair primary contest, GDI will be floored. Wike can't stand the political power of Dame Patience Jonathan, who is the defacto political leader of PDP in the State and even more influential than GEJ(Quote me anywhere). If you must know, Wike was used by PEJ to tackle Amaechi because she knows that using a Riverine Person/non-Ikwerre will cause ethnic bickering. In 2007 Omehia was used, we are only seeing a repeat of 2007. Wike will be dumped!!! Finito

Hahahahahahhaha....look at you! You funny man, you really funny.

PEJ running a party? That's hilarious mehn.
Wike is using that woman to achieve his ambition. Wike is the problem of Amaechi not the Jonathans. What Amaechi is doing is transferred aggression on the first family.

If the IJAW clamour finally get to The first family and they decide to play hanky panky with Wike, bet me he will destroy the party and Amaechi will be the winner. Amaechi might be the one fuelling and sponsoring the IJAW gubernatorial project as a distraction
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 14, 2014
baccaspace:
You are very funny my friend. I don't know why you overrate Wike like this. Minus PEJ, Amaechi will grind Nyesome Wike QED!!!

PEJ and Wike who is using who?

The one that want to be a governor or the one that want to punish Amaechi?

If there is no flick in the tunnel, Wike I know won't dare concentrating his energy on a fruitless enterprise
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2014
SeaGold:

Hahahahahahhaha....look at you! You funny man, you really funny.

PEJ running a party? That's hilarious mehn.
Wike is using that woman to achieve his ambition. Wike is the problem of Amaechi not the Jonathans. What Amaechi is doing is transferred aggression on the first family.

If the IJAW clamour finally get to The first family and they decide to play hanky panky with Wike, bet me he will destroy the party and Amaechi will be the winner. Amaechi might be the one fuelling and sponsoring the IJAW gubernatorial project as a distraction
Now you are making it tribal. I have to inform you, In Rivers State tribal card don't sell. It is the truth!!! Abiye Sekibo attempted it in 2007 and he lost woefully in Okrika. The Amaechi-PEJ rift began with the proposed waterfront destruction by Amaechi which was resisted by the Okrikans. During the community townhall meeting, Amaechi insisted on going on with the plan, PEJ was angry at his guts and snatched the Mic from him. The issue is not Amaechi vs Okrika, cos Amaechi did more for Okrika as Governor than our own brother exGov Rufus Ada George. Amaechi brought more project to Okrika than our own brother exMinister Abiye Sekibo. The rift continued even after the reelection of CRA. PEJ sees Amaechi as a subordinate in the political order, Amaechi sees her as the Wife of the President and nothing more. PEJ wanted to use someone against Amaechi, Wike was brought to fight him at the state front, Mbu was used to attack him, majority of PDP Governors were used to whittle his powers in NGF, while Hon Evans Bipi(Ijaw) was used to ensure that Amaechi loses control of the State House by ousting Hon Amachree(fellow Ijaw) as Speaker.

For the record, Nyesome Wike was an ordinary LGA Chairman when Amaechi was Speaker of Riivers State House. Wike was nowhere to be found in 2007 during Amaechi's governorship tussle with National PDP and Omehia. Wike was appointed Chief of Staff when Amaechi became Governor. Wike was nominated by Amaechi to Represent Rivers State in Jonathan's Cabinet while Ms Ama Pepple was to represent Niger Delta. Wike was close to Amaechi, hence was used by PEJ. Ama Pepple was fired by GEJ for a reason.

My friend, you need tutorship to understand this political tussle in Rivers State. Wike is empty without PEJ. In Rivers Politics, brothers are used to fight brothers.
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by talktimi(m): 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2014
SeaGold:

I can see your sentiment for your riverine area.

federal influence of which PEJ ? That woman is solidly behind Wike and point of correction she has only influence (solid though) but not federal. My take is the governorship should either go to the riverine people or Ogonis
Re: 2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 14, 2014
SeaGold:

PEJ and Wike who is using who?

The one that want to be a governor or the one that want to punish Amaechi?

If there is no flick in the tunnel, Wike I know won't dare concentrating his energy on a fruitless enterprise
By the way, who is wike? who are his political footsoldiers? I want to ask please, which state are you from? May I know your ethnic group too?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bombshell: UK Is Now Firmly Against Buhari, See Shocking Details They Revealed / Aso Rock To Experience A Great Loss Soon - Prophet Sam / Great Song For Those Who Voted For CHANGE (by Daniel Wilson)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.