Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,681 members, 7,858,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 03:33 PM

My Cousin Just Started Menstruating. What Should I Tell Her? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Cousin Just Started Menstruating. What Should I Tell Her? (1182 Views)

How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? / My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding / I Just Started A Family! My Wedding Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Cousin Just Started Menstruating. What Should I Tell Her? by laplace(m): 12:03am On Nov 12, 2008
Hi Folks, I've got a cousin who is very dear to me. I was told by her guardians that she's been seeing her monthly period and needs some guidance and advice. She respects me a lot and her guardian wants me to talk to her. I'm a guy and knows very little about such strictly feminine stuff.
I would appreciate the advice and guidance of women (especially) and experienced men in da house.
Re: My Cousin Just Started Menstruating. What Should I Tell Her? by MrCrackles(m): 12:05am On Nov 12, 2008
tell her to wear a pad all the time

and dont forget to tell her not to allow boys fuc.k her when she is menstruating, it is disgusting!
Re: My Cousin Just Started Menstruating. What Should I Tell Her? by tope2000(f): 12:08am On Nov 12, 2008
MrCrackles:

tell her to wear a pad all the time

and don't forget to tell her[b] not to allow boys fuc.k her when she is menstruating, it is disgusting![/b]

grin grin grin

@post
Just tell her to use her pad and change constantly depending on how heavy she get
When having menstral pains, use pain killers
Stay away from boys until 18
Re: My Cousin Just Started Menstruating. What Should I Tell Her? by Morenike3(f): 12:17am On Nov 12, 2008
If this is her first time, she's probably be scared, like every first timers.

It's better if you let another female talk to her.

But if there's no other female who can talk to her, just let her know that it's normal. Tell her her body is changing, but will stop changing at the age of 30. The right age for sex jk jk.

Anywayz, just be gentle with her, make her feel normal. If she still feel the need to know more about her PMS, let her talk to an older woman.
Re: My Cousin Just Started Menstruating. What Should I Tell Her? by MrCrackles(m): 12:18am On Nov 12, 2008
tope2000:

grin grin grin

@post
Just tell her to use her pad and change constantly depending on how heavy she get
When having menstral pains, use pain killers
Stay away from boys until 18

did you stay away from boys when you were before you were 18?!

@Post

Tell her to always avoid rough play during menstrual period and also make sure she has a regular supply of KOTEX or ALWAYS

Finally, be careful not to see the menstrual blood, it is an abomination!
Re: My Cousin Just Started Menstruating. What Should I Tell Her? by tope2000(f): 12:50am On Nov 12, 2008
@brash
Of cus i was cool
Re: My Cousin Just Started Menstruating. What Should I Tell Her? by SeanT21(f): 1:14am On Nov 12, 2008
MrCrackles:

did you stay away from boys when you were before you were 18?!

@Post

Tell her to always avoid rough play during menstrual period and also make sure she has a regular supply of KOTEX or ALWAYS

Finally, be careful not to see the menstrual blood, it is an abomination!

LMAO!!

U dont know crap about Ladies!!
Re: My Cousin Just Started Menstruating. What Should I Tell Her? by NaijaWifey(f): 6:33pm On Nov 12, 2008
@ McCrackles

Is she going to turn to stone if she looks at it? LMAO!!!!!!!
Re: My Cousin Just Started Menstruating. What Should I Tell Her? by olukemih: 6:58pm On Nov 12, 2008
Hi there,

All the suggestions given so far are good and being a guy i can feel what you are thinking of. But all that needs to be said in few words is this, tell her to wash up herself regularly, use her sanitary towel at all time throughout the "flowering period" and just be herself. Nothing too difficult.

But for you as a guy it might take you a little more effort to convey other messages to her. you get what i mean? So to ease this stress on you get in contact with me on olukemi4u@yahoo.com for other details.

Cheers

Kemi (Mrs)
Re: My Cousin Just Started Menstruating. What Should I Tell Her? by Flakybaby(f): 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2008
There is no big deal in it, just tell her 2 always wear sanitary pads when she is on,, and let her know that if her flow is on the heavy side she will need the SUPER SANITARY PADS but if the flow is regular dat is if not 2 heavy then she will use the NORMAL SANITARY PADS. Then another thing she must always hv her bath and change regularly when she is on, then if she has cramps she can use pain.killers. In some cases the flow last for fives days, some 4days, it depends on the individual. Then she needs to know when her monthy flows begins it might 28days or 30days or less or more it all depends and lastly she shld learn hw 2 calculate her ovaulation period, i guess thats all or if u cant handle the situation let her visit a Doctor dat can help out, smiley smiley
Re: My Cousin Just Started Menstruating. What Should I Tell Her? by mohawkchic(f): 3:08am On Nov 13, 2008
laplace:

Hi Folks, I've got a cousin who is very dear to me. I was told by her guardians that she's been seeing her monthly period and needs some guidance and advice.
She respects me a lot and her guardian wants me to talk to her. I'm a guy and knows very little about such strictly feminine stuff.
I would appreciate the advice and guidance of women (especially) and experienced men in da house.

~Me thinks her guardians meant for you to talk to her about boys!!"The Birds & The Bees" Not The How-To-Put-On-Sanitary-Pads speech!!

~She's got to that stage where unprotected sex will end up in Unwanted pregnancy,so without scaring her silly,talk to her from the heart,like you would your own sister,tell her the pro's & cons of having sex!! Coming from a man,and one she looks up to,i suppose it will make a heck of a lot of difference!
Re: My Cousin Just Started Menstruating. What Should I Tell Her? by Outstrip(f): 3:46am On Nov 13, 2008
Have a woman that you respect and trust talk to her. Why can't her female guardian do it?
Re: My Cousin Just Started Menstruating. What Should I Tell Her? by iice(f): 9:39am On Nov 13, 2008
MC, i think so too grin
Don't kids know about the birds and bees these days? Frightening
Re: My Cousin Just Started Menstruating. What Should I Tell Her? by sexyLeamon(f): 12:34pm On Nov 13, 2008
Outstrip:

Have a woman that you respect and trust talk to her. Why can't her female guardian do it?
well said. she wouldn't feel confortable if you do it. I think a female should guide her
Re: My Cousin Just Started Menstruating. What Should I Tell Her? by hotstuff06(f): 8:55pm On Nov 13, 2008
mohawkchic:

~Me thinks her guardians meant for you to talk to her about boys!!"The Birds & The Bees" Not The How-To-Put-On-Sanitary-Pads speech!!

~She's got to that stage where unprotected sex will end up in Unwanted pregnancy,so without scaring her silly,talk to her from the heart,like you would your own sister,tell her the pro's & cons of having sex!! Coming from a man,and one she looks up to,i suppose it will make a heck of a lot of difference!

Mohawkchic, my thoughts exactly.
@ poster, I think what they want you to do is talk to her about boys and *ex. How to not have intercourse and or wait till her wedding night kinda talk. It could mean more to her coming from the opposite sex that she admires so much as opposed to parents. Her parents might have noticed that she respects and thinks so highly of you, hence why they are asking you to speak with her.
As per the cleanliness, her mother or a grown female can help her with that
Re: My Cousin Just Started Menstruating. What Should I Tell Her? by mohawkchic(f): 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2008
iice:

MC, i think so too grin
Don't kids know about the birds and bees these days? Frightening

~Ooh they do!!You'll be surprised what they think they know!! Naive understanding if you ask me!!They never give thought to the consequences!!

hotstuff06:

Mohawkchic, my thoughts exactly.
@ poster, I think what they want you to do is talk to her about boys and *ex. How to not have intercourse and or wait till her wedding night kind of talk.
It could mean more to her coming from the opposite sex that she admires so much as opposed to parents.
Her parents might have noticed that she respects and thinks so highly of you, hence why they are asking you to speak with her.

~On that note,i'd advice you emphasize on "Peer Pressure" to have sex or that sometimes boys will say "things" like {"Dont Woory You Wont Get Pregnant!"} to get her to do something she doesnt really want to do/ready for!!

~Those were the best advice i got from my dada!! It helped coming from a man as well!! For all you know what mum might be trying to warn/tell her about the responsibilities of becoming a woman will sound more like a "Lecture" than concern so keep it light!!
Re: My Cousin Just Started Menstruating. What Should I Tell Her? by abujabooks(f): 2:33am On Nov 15, 2008
This topic shd be taught in schools in year 7 or JSS 1.

Google it & ur will find some interesting articles to give her.

Look for a woman to speak to her about hygiene, staying away from boys, etc.

Good luck!
Re: My Cousin Just Started Menstruating. What Should I Tell Her? by sammyjl(f): 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2008
smiley I c no wrong in that, is u the guardian, than tell her. If you feel uneasy or so, find a female friend that you trust who can talk to her about it.
I remember wen i got my first period, i was scared to death, lucky enough my mom was around and told me about it that day, how to take care of it and wen to expect the next one.
I'm sure ol this will b a blur to u, so best u send her to a good female friend of yours and tell her y u sending her there, It will help if u go with her, but necessarily sitting in on the conversation though.

(1) (Reply)

My Aunt's Friend Is Having An Affair. How Do I Behave? / Can Parents Be This Frustrating? / Can I Marry This Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.