Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? (24936 Views)

How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings / They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? / How Do I Quit My Marriage Of 2 Years Without Hurting Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by taurus21: 11:39am On Feb 08, 2016
Chewing and slurping noises gets me really angry and someone close to me is guilty of this habit and not aware that I can't stand it. Now the problem is, how do I tell the person without hurting her feelings? And is there any chance that this habit be can stopped?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Pheals(f): 11:55am On Feb 08, 2016
U will say "stop eating like goat now Darling cheesy

Lol joking !!! U didn't give full details man or woman? Older than u ir younger?

Do u eat together ?

Is the person close to u ,in what way? Lot to ask joor

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by taurus21: 12:03pm On Feb 08, 2016
Pheals:

Lol joking !!! U didn't give full details man or woman? Older than u ir younger?

Do u eat together ?

Is the person close to u ,in what way? Lot to ask joor

It kinda sounds insulting to say such to even a younger person, this person in particular is someone I love so I'll have to be really stupid to call her a goat don't you think so? Thanks anyway

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Chidoks(f): 12:18pm On Feb 08, 2016
Chewing and slurping noises are bad table manners,and you owe her to correct her before she embarrasses herself in the public. I don't think there should be a special way of making this correction.You know her better thus you should know how to reach out and tell her the gospel truth.
However I think you should gentle remind her how she's a lady and how ladies shouldn't chew/drink noisily. Let her know you know she wouldn't chew like that outside but that the noise doesn't go down well with you so you would want to hear to chew alike whether in the public or at home or wherever.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Pheals(f): 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
taurus21:

It kinda sounds insulting to say such to even a younger person, this person in particular is someone I love so I'll have to be really stupid to call her a goat don't you think so? Thanks anyway
your gf abi?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by PresVA: 2:11pm On Feb 08, 2016
Do it in a funny way and she'll get the message. .. you can mimic her ..

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Goldenboy007(m): 5:35pm On Feb 08, 2016
Look for an article on Internet on table manners or eating manners, sit with the person and pretend that you are trying to teach yourself from that article...jokingly tell the person that many people don't eat right including youself.
I have a beautiful lady friend that has slight mouth odour, I always walk around with this mint gum, I take one myself and give her one then tell her my mouth smells if I close it for too long. After a while she started buying the mint and offering me one then she takes one. Problem solved

149 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by taurus21: 5:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
Pheals:
your gf abi?

Yeah something like that
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Dyt(f): 6:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
Pheals:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by kennyman200(m): 7:46pm On Feb 08, 2016
Goldenboy007:
Look for an article on Internet on table manners or eating manners, sit with the person and pretend that you are trying to teach yourself from that article...jokingly tell the person that many people don't eat right including youself.
I have a beautiful lady friend that has slight mouth odour, I always walk around with this mint gum, I take one myself and give her one then tell her my mouth smells if I close it for too long. After a while she started buying the mint and offering me one then she takes one. Problem solved

Very funny but quite sensible. Nice one bro!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by sukkot: 7:57pm On Feb 08, 2016
cheesy
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by lexzycc: 7:57pm On Feb 08, 2016
K
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Shortyy(f): 7:57pm On Feb 08, 2016
and finally they unbanned me? waawu..
Back to the topic, whenever she's doing that, tell her jokingly that's actually not good (ie) chewing and slurping.. be serious and charming at the same time. If it's an understanding girl, she'll correct it asap.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by drnairalov: 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
she will probably get hurt sometimes u try tell them the truth but they wont listen. they feel disrespected and hurt..i am still looking for a way to tell one she is quite dirty, but i rather keep it to my self
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
eeyyaa

mimic her whenever she is at it

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by profpets(m): 7:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
Put it to her in a joking manner maybe thru chat, from there u can start the correction.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Inspectahdeck(m): 8:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
Tell her to close her mouth when chewing. Problem solved no disgrace

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by prettyjo(f): 8:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
the best is to tell her jokingly either when she is still eating

or

you tell her bluntly.
either way but you must tell her
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
Risky issue.

I've been with someone who eats and opens his mouth so you see everything he is eating inside the mouth.

I couldn't tell him. I'd just look away when he's eating.

I was worried I'd offend him.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by valencia25(m): 8:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
You really should correct her if she's your gf, you can jokingly tell her she's doing something wrong and let her see it from your own perspective or else....
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by emmabest2000(m): 8:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
taurus21:
Chewing and slurping noises gets me really angry and someone close to me is guilty of this habit and not aware that I can't stand it. Now the problem is, how do I tell the person without hurting her feelings? And is there any chance that this habit be can stopped?

Try see method tongue
Make una chew the food together by doing so u can then control the noise by urself grin

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by EOOJ(m): 8:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
Guy tel ha wats up. No time o. B4 she go do am 4 public and get a worse embarrasement later. Truth is bita

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by kenzysmith: 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2016
Just masturbate in her food and time she made dat sound dat all
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2016
Simple thing

Next time she's eating just say this;
"Babe did you hear the goat eating outside?dunno how they got into the compounds" grin

Thank Papi later

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by colossus2: 8:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
Write it on a piece of paper, then mail it to her dad undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
taurus21:

Tell her in English

‘darling, why do you make funny noises when you chew?'....please frown when you say this

Continue with:

‘Kinda strange don't you think'

Hopefully you end the discussion with reasons why it is funny and strange.... Hopefully you would use Google to reiterate your thoughts.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Nienie(f): 8:03pm On Feb 08, 2016
if you are very very close then tell her bluntly but if you are very close..tell her jokingly or just do truth night..then say it.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by kilokeys(m): 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
Eat and make worse sounds than she is making
While u are Staring into her eyes..

Then if she stops... U stop..

If she continues.. U continue

If she doesn't get the message.. Then it's not her fault..

Brain damage

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
Nwane, simply tell her that she makes annoying sounds when eating.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Marshallian(m): 8:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
Just confront her direct. .. give her close marking
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by bodalasisi: 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
hy, I missed fah........................ wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Married Couples Who Are Never Intimate But Insist They're Happy / “my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man / Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.