Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

I'm Planning To Serve In Lagos State, Is It A Good Decision ? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I'm Planning To Serve In Lagos State, Is It A Good Decision ? (1421 Views)

What State Is The Best To Serve In? / This Corp Member Serving In Akwa Ibom State Is Missing / SAED (NYSC Skill Training) In Osun State Is The Best (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'm Planning To Serve In Lagos State, Is It A Good Decision ? by techmart(m): 12:28pm On Oct 12, 2014
Please Nairalanders!
I'm really troubled about my service, because I'm processing it to Lagos state... Some people have been saying different sort of things, and I've been reading about stuffs that's making me scared now... I just need some piece of advice.
Re: I'm Planning To Serve In Lagos State, Is It A Good Decision ? by Qtsnow(m): 1:20pm On Oct 12, 2014
Sincerely brother, I have lived in Lagos all my life except when I was in school and I know how it could be for someone that has no relation or friends, its like going to the U.S without having a place to stay when you arrive there. things does not sound or look rossy the way you perceive it, except you have a relative to accommodate you and feed you while you stay there. Accommodation, feeding and transportation should be considered, and since corps members are no longer posted to private firms, and no one would employ a Corps member except you already have one worked out for you or you just want to go and enjoy your time while you serve as a ghost corper . I hope you can handle the hustling and bustling, the anguish that comes with it because believe it or not all your allowance both federal, state and ppa will only serve as pocket money to you except you are medical doctor, lawyer, nurse etc. I am a serving corps member presently in Edo state and believe me I'm enjoying my time serving in this Village, where I can save some cash for my raining day after service.

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning To Serve In Lagos State, Is It A Good Decision ? by techmart(m): 1:58pm On Oct 12, 2014
Qtsnow:
Sincerely brother, I have lived in Lagos all my life except when I was in school and I know how it could be for someone that has no relation or friends, its like going to the U.S without having a place to stay when you arrive there. things does not sound or look rossy the way you perceive it, except you have a relative to accommodate you and feed you while you stay there. Accommodation, feeding and transportation should be considered, and since corps members are no longer posted to private firms, and no one would employ a Corps member except you already have one worked out for you or you just want to go and enjoy your time while you serve as a ghost corper . I hope you can handle the hustling and bustling, the anguish that comes with it because believe it or not all your allowance both federal, state and ppa will only serve as pocket money to you except you are medical doctor, lawyer, nurse etc. I am a serving corps member presently in Edo state and believe me I'm enjoying my time serving in this Village, where I can save some cash for my raining day after service.

Thanks so much.
Actually, There's an accommodation, but I really don't know any firm/company that would employ a Corp member... I don't think I can teach. I finished from Computer Science in the University.

(1) (Reply)

Give Us Allawee Ooo! Give Us Allawee Ooo! Give Us Allawee Ooo Time No Dey. / I need a Transport fleet/logistic job / Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.