Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? (56941 Views)

Woman Loses First Pregnancy To Police Brutality After 10 Years Of Marriage / Fashola's Wife Welcomes Lagos First Baby Of 2015 (photo) / Meet The First Baby Born In 2015 In Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by smartmom(f): 1:00pm On Jul 09, 2010
~Sissy~:

smartmom,

she meant natural birth without pain relief of any kind

grin yes Sissy, I understand what she meant.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by MrsSiena1(f): 2:35pm On Jul 23, 2010
My pregnancy was quite interesting though. When my husband and I got the news that I was pregnant we were overjoyed funny enough it came to me as a surprise because I didn't really feel anything before I went to take the test. The first trimester was horrible to me cos I was vomitting anything I ate or drank. I didn't want to get out of bed at all and when I do I want to eat and even when I do get the food to eat the next minute I would be throwing up all I ate. I even had to ask a doctor if there was any medicine to take to stop the vomitting. Lol. But I thank God that my husband was there to support me all through. Most of the times he would be the one to clean up after throwing up. It was really bad.
Cravings yes I did have that especially for food I knew I wouldn't get with the snap of a finger but most times I got to eat some of them like my native 'owo' and 'starch' or banga soup. I really drank peppersoup as far as it was spicy.
And most of the times when I see people eating a particular food I would want to eat the same too like hotdogs.lol.
Fine there was a due date but I thought I was going to give birth 2 weeks before because I wanted her to come by then and we waited till the due date and it went by and I was overdue. When we went to see the midwife she recommended that a date should be given to us for Induction of Labour which we took to the hospital on getting there we were given a date that was Tuesday 13 July 2010.

Fingers crossed we patiently and anxiously waited for that date I wasnt myself any longer because I couldn't sleep even when I sleep on my left side that is when my baby would decide to come out and play and she would kick all through the night. I had backache, heartburn I just couldn't wait for the Induction date I was counting the hours, minutes and even the seconds. While waiting for them to induce me the doctor said that they have to carry out checks on the baby like her heartbeats and so on. There was a time her heartbeat dropped when the doctor came to check she said if it drops again a Ceasarian Section would be carried out. Her heartbeat came up strongly again when the doctor came back she said ok now we would do a last check before inducing and almost immediately her heartbeat just went off. That was when I got scared the doctor said straight to the theatre we are going to have a Ceasarian Section I must say that my heart was in my mouth when they were wheeling me into the theatre. They told my husband that he can't come in because they were going to give me general anesthetics right inside of me I said oh no and when I turned and looked into his face I saw panic.
But I was really impressed because of the level of encouragement I got from the doctors they were very professional and also witty. When we got to the theatre they checked again for her heartbeat this time it came on and I was like Praise God and they said they would only give me an epidural and then they allowed my husband to come in I could see the relief on his face he wore what looks to me like shower cap he really looked funny to me. Lol. He was very very strong for me he held my hands all through he kept on telling me everything would be fine. He saw how I was cut open and in less than 20mins our baby Sienna came out.
And she was handed to my husband who brought her to me and he told me that her cord was wrapped round her legs and that she was stressed. Immediately she was brought to me and laid on my chest my cutiepie just located my breast and latched unto it. Natural instinct ye. I couldnt help but drop tears of joy when I held my daughter I looked at her with awe thinking to myself so she is mine. Her father was wonderful all through.

I would love to do this again not just having another baby but I would love to have a CS again to me its less stressful and not so painful too.Our baby girl is 10days old today and she is such a lovely and adorable girl. I can't wait to start teaching her girlie things.

7 Likes

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Omolola1(f): 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2010
how sweet
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by lexandra(f): 4:27pm On Jul 23, 2010
awwww, congrats dearie! smiley wink
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by ada24: 5:01pm On Jul 23, 2010
Hi I'm 4 months pregnant with my first and after being told by doctors it would be hard to get pregnant here i am expecting a baby that was not even planned for. This page is very useful cos most times women don't tell you what they go thru - u just have to find it all out for yourself.

First trimester for me was hard, hot all the time, no appetite, throwing up, very sensitive to any smell, extremely tired, very tearful, one day I'm happy the next day i want to my husband out of the house, insomnia, constant trips to the toilet, constipation back ache and pain in my stomach (due to fibroid). I don't even want to talk about what the havoc the breasts have been causing me (not that hubby is complaining!)

all in all i cannot wait until the baby is born, its not easy o - but its worth it.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by shilling(f): 7:12am On Jul 24, 2010
Mrs. Siena:

Our baby girl is 10days old today and she is such a lovely and adorable girl. I can't wait to start teaching her girlie things.
Awwww. . . how sweet. Such a cute story too, congrats!!
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by MrsSiena1(f): 12:32pm On Jul 24, 2010
Thanks once again shilling we really appreciate it
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Sissy3(f): 12:41pm On Jul 24, 2010
quite an interesting story Mrs Siena! nice! cheesy

welcome to the world of motherhood!!! cool

hope you have been enjoying your doze of 3am feeding! grin

1 Like

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by MrsSiena1(f): 1:47pm On Jul 24, 2010
Sissy my sister thanks oh and yes 3am feeding has been quite enjoyable getting used to it. Its not easy though especially if you feel sleepy. All in all Sienna has been a good girl she wakes up sometimes once at night for a feed or for changing of diapers and her daddy helps too God bless his heart

1 Like

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Sissy3(f): 2:05pm On Jul 24, 2010
my dear, i know! e no easy i tellya! you will be enjoying this sweet sleep with one eyes open and be on for the alert for that cry kai! sleepiness will be the war you will be have to battle with at this stage but you have a very supportive and loving husband so it will be an easy transition for you.

so dear, enjoy this stage while it last cause before you go know am, she go become an inquisitive toddler!

congratulations to you and yours once again smiley
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Ejadamen(f): 8:08pm On Nov 20, 2010
More stories please smiley
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by ifsez: 9:22pm On Nov 21, 2010
My first pregnancy was rather unexpected,I took in eight days after marriage.I didn't know I was pregnant.I was still working out and doing sit ups.Rather than shed weight,I was putting on weight so I exercised harder in order to keep fit.I didn't miss my period immediately.When i finally did.I did a test,it turned out positive.I had to slow down and take things easy.

I was strong almost through out.No morning sickness,But I couldn't stand meat in the first trimester.My sense of smell was very strong.If you wanted to tell an original perfume from a fake one I was the tester you needed then.LOL.My hubby became a master at massaging when I got to my third trimester cos my back used to hurt from time to time.
I was registered at baby centre itz a wonderful sight for pregnant women.(Ladies take note) babycenter.com.I got all the details weekly from that sight.Woe betide you then if you've ever had a child and you came in contact with me.I was very inquisitive wanted to know every thing about pregnancy n delivery.

I knew everything theory though I didn't attend antenatal classes(Couldn't was a corp member then can't be excused twice a week).I read anything related to pregnancy.Was online researching most of the time.
I questioned my mum,my elder sister,Aunty anybody and everybody.My sister told me not to rush to the hospital and to wait until my baby's head engaged before going to the hospital.(I was lucky in my first pregnancy my baby's head engaged nothing like that in my second pregnancy)When I went into labour,I was very calm and I waited until my baby's head engaged.I heard the pop pop sound.Then the real labour started.LOL.I woke my hubby.It was about 2am or so.I couldn't move.I was to get dressed but just couldn't my hubby talked me through.I finally manged to get dressed.(I took Castor oil to cleanse my system and free the pathway so you don't poo all over the doctors n midwives)

Himself and my younger sister took me to the hospital.In btw i had very strong and painful contractions,they kept coming faster and closer.(When my sis touched me to console me,I was very irritated n angry with her,I flung her hand away from my body.She was shocked.I apologized when the pain subsided didn't realize what i did at the time.) lol

We finally got to the hospital.It took me only an hour to have my first baby.The nurses n doc.said it was a miracle for a first pregnancy.The most wonderful thing about pregnancy, labour and child birth is that you forget the pain.In fact when it was time for my second baby,I didn't remember what contractions felt like.You would think that after all that ache and pain a woman will refuse to get pregnant again.You'll say that.The minute my first baby turned two.I practically begged and bullied my hubby to get to work for a second one.lol.Itz important to space your kids so your body will heal very well before undergoing that body and hormonal stress again.
Women are really blessed,

1 Like

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by kittykat1(f): 8:15pm On Nov 28, 2010
Congrats to al who enjoyed theirs. Mine was a nightmare. If not 4 my father and some grt friends, I don't know what i wld hv done. I was made to suffer thruoghout. From finding out abt his cheating, being made to know that I prevented him from meeting other women.

I can't type anymore. Remembering is too much pain.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Ejadamen(f): 11:21am On Nov 29, 2010
kitty kat:

Congrats to al who enjoyed theirs. Mine was a nightmare. If not 4 my father and some grt friends, I don't know what i wld hv done. I was made to suffer thruoghout. From finding out abt his cheating, being made to know that I prevented him from meeting other women.

I can't type anymore. Remembering is too much pain.
Oh dear shocked My apologies.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by stages: 10:16am On Dec 07, 2010
I had a miscarraige in june 2008 which traumatised me alot even though it was not a planned pregnancy but we accepted it and were ready to have the baby but unfortunately it came out at 12 weeks. I cried and was worried i might not be able to give birth in my life. Soon after that my then fiancé began pressurizing me to take in but i didnot want to coz my doctor adviced me to stay for some months. One year later we did our traditional wedding and my husband continued asking me to take in(u know it depends on the lady coz if she dos not want, then NO WAY) I wanted to get pregnant just before or after the civil and church wedding so i tried to talk to him. In september 2009 we decided to start trying to conceive. That month i cried my life when my menses came, i started googling everything concerning trying to conceive and even join the TTC thread on the health section. October we tried and still nothing. When i complained to my doctor he said not to worry and refused to give me any medication. November we tried but i knew nothing would happen but to my greatest surprise i missed my period (at dat time my guy was the one doing the counting.) Few weeks later the symptoms started. My God it was awful. I went for a pregnancy test and it was positive. days later i started spotting blood. I rushed to the hospital and forced the doctor to do a scan. he did and placed me on progestan. My December was a mess; i got sick, hospitalised and could not work for a whole month. no appetite, sensitive to smell, i could not even cook coz i would end up vomiting, my husband could not even used his perfume when i am around. Our civil and church wedding was scheduled for march. I went through all the stress of marraige preparations with this pregnancy and all the time i was scared somthing would happen to my baby. Thanx to God nothing happened to my baby, the wedding went on well and i started looking forward to my delivery date.
At 39 weeks and some days i started having irregular contractions but not too strong for me to go to the hospital. I later on went to see my doctor at 40 weeks and he ruptured my mucus plug,( it hurts) Contrations continued but they were barable. after 2 days when nothing happened my doctor asked me to come to the hospital so i could be induced. Dat monday monday we went to the hospital, my mother and my hubby. I was insserted a tablet and asked to lie down for about 4 hours, still no strong contractions,then the doctor asked the midwife to give me drips and that was when the real show started. I WAS DISCUSSING AND LAIFFING WITH MY DOCTOR? MIDWIFE AND MY HUBBY AND SUDDENLY MY COUNTENANCE CHANGED the pains had started. God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see painnnnnnnn. I shouted ooo breathed in and out oooo but no releif. I prayed ooooooooooo. I had the doctor , midewife and hubby to massage my waist and back. About three hours later i had to pushhhhhhhhhhh. I pusheddddddddddddddddddd and pushedddddddddddddddddddd and pusheddddddddddddddddd then i felt the doctor give me a tear and when i pusheddddddddddddddddd again she came out. she wwas placed on my tummy and opened her eyes looked and me and cried. OOOOOOOOOO i had done it, i felt so happy. She was 3.9kg. But guess wht!! dat was not all ooo.
I started bleeding heavily so much dat i started feeling dizzy, my doc was confused as he did not know where all the blood was coming from. not from the womb he said. When he saw dat i was loosing to much blood, he asked for blood from the blood bank. my blood was matched and ii was the same with what they had. but before they could bring the blood, he had already found out that the blood was coming from my torn cervix. my baby gave me terrible tears; from my vaginaa to my anus. all the pains i felt durin labour and delivery was nothing compared to what i felt during the stitching. i had more than 25 stitches and gues wht! :my cervix had to be brought out so it could stitch it. i cried, shouted and until i had no more strength left. I stayed 3 more hours in the labour room after delivery. I could not eat solid food for days and to sit well was a nitmare.
After all that when i look at my baby girl today I give praise to God. and no matter all what i went through, i still want more kids. she would be 4 months on thursday and she is so lovable, pretty and jovial.

too long huh

5 Likes

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Ejadamen(f): 9:06pm On Dec 07, 2010
stages:

I had a miscarraige in june 2008 which traumatised me alot even though it was not a planned pregnancy but we accepted it and were ready to have the baby but unfortunately it came out at 12 weeks. I cried and was worried i might not be able to give birth in my life. Soon after that my then fiancé began pressurizing me to take in but i didnot want to coz my doctor adviced me to stay for some months. One year later we did our traditional wedding and my husband continued asking me to take in(u know it depends on the lady coz if she dos not want, then NO WAY) I wanted to get pregnant just before or after the civil and church wedding so i tried to talk to him. In september 2009 we decided to start trying to conceive. That month i cried my life when my menses came, i started googling everything concerning trying to conceive and even join the TTC thread on the health section. October we tried and still nothing. When i complained to my doctor he said not to worry and refused to give me any medication. November we tried but i knew nothing would happen but to my greatest surprise i missed my period (at dat time my guy was the one doing the counting.) Few weeks later the symptoms started. My God it was awful. I went for a pregnancy test and it was positive. days later i started spotting blood. I rushed to the hospital and forced the doctor to do a scan. he did and placed me on progestan. My December was a mess; i got sick, hospitalised and could not work for a whole month. no appetite, sensitive to smell, i could not even cook coz i would end up vomiting, my husband could not even used his perfume when i am around. Our civil and church wedding was scheduled for march. I went through all the stress of marraige preparations with this pregnancy and all the time i was scared somthing would happen to my baby. Thanx to God nothing happened to my baby, the wedding went on well and i started looking forward to my delivery date.
At 39 weeks and some days i started having irregular contractions but not too strong for me to go to the hospital. I later on went to see my doctor at 40 weeks and he ruptured my mucus plug,( it hurts) Contrations continued but they were barable. after 2 days when nothing happened my doctor asked me to come to the hospital so i could be induced. Dat monday monday we went to the hospital, my mother and my hubby. I was insserted a tablet and asked to lie down for about 4 hours, still no strong contractions,then the doctor asked the midwife to give me drips and that was when the real show started. I WAS DISCUSSING AND LAIFFING WITH MY DOCTOR? MIDWIFE AND MY HUBBY AND SUDDENLY MY COUNTENANCE CHANGED the pains had started. God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see painnnnnnnn. I shouted ooo breathed in and out oooo but no releif. I prayed ooooooooooo. I had the doctor , midewife and hubby to massage my waist and back. About three hours later i had to pushhhhhhhhhhh. I pusheddddddddddddddddddd and pushedddddddddddddddddddd and pusheddddddddddddddddd then i felt the doctor give me a tear and when i pusheddddddddddddddddd again she came out. she wwas placed on my tummy and opened her eyes looked and me and cried. OOOOOOOOOO i had done it, i felt so happy. She was 3.9kg. But guess wht!! dat was not all ooo.
I started bleeding heavily so much dat i started feeling dizzy, my doc was confused as he did not know where all the blood was coming from. not from the womb he said. When he saw dat i was loosing to much blood, he asked for blood from the blood bank. my blood was matched and ii was the same with what they had. but before they could bring the blood, he had already found out that the blood was coming from my torn cervix. my baby gave me terrible tears; from my vaginaa to my anus. all the pains i felt durin labour and delivery was nothing compared to what i felt during the stitching. i had more than 25 stitches and gues wht! :my cervix had to be brought out so it could stitch it. i cried, shouted and until i had no more strength left. I stayed 3 more hours in the labour room after delivery. I could not eat solid food for days and to sit well was a nitmare.
After all that when i look at my baby girl today I give praise to God. and no matter all what i went through, i still want more kids. she would be 4 months on thursday and she is so lovable, pretty and jovial.

too long huh
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I thank God for you and your baby.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by ifyalways(f): 9:23am On Dec 09, 2010
stages:

too long huh
omg shocked shocked shocked
I was cut too but i never felt the pains nor had pains or trauma afterwards.Thank God for u and ur baby.I cant begin to imagine how painful it must have been for u.
@Topic,didnt have much problem with my first child birthing,if anything it was with breastfeeding.Funniest part was that while preggie,i was bragging on how I'd "kill" baby baby friendly. Oh boy,when twas time,my nipples hurt so much,them boys too wanted it so often that i cried for days. embarassed

1 Like

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by ifyalways(f): 9:24am On Dec 09, 2010
. . . whats unmentionables angry angry
Freaking bleeping Filter,My "ni.pp.les" i said!
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 09, 2010
Ok, so I can way a LOT longer for my first pregnancy.

I thank God that you women survived. Cheii!
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Ejadamen(f): 1:11pm On Dec 09, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Ok, so I can way a LOT longer for my first pregnancy.

I thank God that you women survived. Cheii!
grin grin grin Don't be scared. not everyone experiences it that bad. I will be experiencing mine soon and I'm actually looking forward to it smiley
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 09, 2010
Ejadamen:

grin grin grin Don't be scared. not everyone experiences it that bad. I will be experiencing mine soon and I'm actually looking forward to it smiley

aww really? Congratulations, ma. You must be really happy. Oro ayo ni aa ma gbo - We shall hear words of joy very soon. kiss

One silly question: does it feel wierd walking with a bump? I always wonder what it feels like.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Ejadamen(f): 9:08pm On Dec 09, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

aww really? Congratulations, ma. You must be really happy. Oro ayo ni aa ma gbo - We shall hear words of joy very soon.  kiss

One silly question: does it feel wierd walking with a bump? I always wonder what it feels like.
Amen. Lol @ bump. The beautiful thing about the 9 months is that the bump grows on you slowly so one adjusts almost unconsciously. That being said, it's like having a sack strapped to your middle. One feels heavy and clumsy especially when trying to get up form somewhere cheesy But when the baby kicks with,it's the loveliest feeling.

2 Likes

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Nobody: 4:55am On Dec 10, 2010
Ejadamen:

Amen. Lol @ bump. The beautiful thing about the 9 months is that the bump grows on you slowly so one adjusts almost unconsciously. That being said, it's like having a sack strapped to your middle. One feels heavy and clumsy especially when trying to get up form somewhere cheesy[b] But when the baby kicks with,it's the loveliest feeling.[/b]

Hmmm. Sounds lovely. smiley
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by stepo707: 11:24am On Oct 12, 2011
Mum used to tell us that ladies that did not misbehave during teenage e.g alcohol,pills and abortion amongst others usually have easy delivery.
So ladies beware of over flexing, you are killing yourself gradually cos when it gets to that time, you would be the one to bear the brunt of it

1 Like

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by estani: 8:43am On Aug 24, 2012
Should I buy lilypadz or just buy disposable breast pads? I don't want to create more waste, but if the maintenance and cleaning are a pain then I'd rather just use throw-aways. Suggestions?

lily padz
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Saipro(m): 3:18pm On Jan 11, 2013
stages: I had a miscarraige in june 2008 which traumatised me alot even though it was not a planned pregnancy but we accepted it and were ready to have the baby but unfortunately it came out at 12 weeks. I cried and was worried i might not be able to give birth in my life. Soon after that my then fiancé began pressurizing me to take in but i didnot want to coz my doctor adviced me to stay for some months. One year later we did our traditional wedding and my husband continued asking me to take in(u know it depends on the lady coz if she dos not want, then NO WAY) I wanted to get pregnant just before or after the civil and church wedding so i tried to talk to him. In september 2009 we decided to start trying to conceive. That month i cried my life when my menses came, i started googling everything concerning trying to conceive and even join the TTC thread on the health section. October we tried and still nothing. When i complained to my doctor he said not to worry and refused to give me any medication. November we tried but i knew nothing would happen but to my greatest surprise i missed my period (at dat time my guy was the one doing the counting.) Few weeks later the symptoms started. My God it was awful. I went for a pregnancy test and it was positive. days later i started spotting blood. I rushed to the hospital and forced the doctor to do a scan. he did and placed me on progestan. My December was a mess; i got sick, hospitalised and could not work for a whole month. no appetite, sensitive to smell, i could not even cook coz i would end up vomiting, my husband could not even used his perfume when i am around. Our civil and church wedding was scheduled for march. I went through all the stress of marraige preparations with this pregnancy and all the time i was scared somthing would happen to my baby. Thanx to God nothing happened to my baby, the wedding went on well and i started looking forward to my delivery date.

too long huh

Wifey had similar but worse. Took two trips to the operating theatre to fix her up.
*shudders*
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by dagentility(f): 9:28pm On Jun 15, 2013
See as fear don finish me cos am reading this thread. Somtimes i cant help but wonder if my experience is goin 2 b d worst since am stil intact at dis age.God abeg na 4 ur hand i dey,i wil keep my promise 2 u,i knw u wil nt leave me wen my own time comes.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by ukchy: 8:39pm On Jun 16, 2013
I had a miscarriage in my first pregnancy 8 weeks because of stress,omo d experience is better imagine than experience,the pain was something else,but thank God for Hubby,family and friends,they were soooooo helpful.

I took in again after 4months i didn't know i was pregnant meeeen!!,one morning in the office after our morning meeting,i was feeling funny, i cant place my hand on what is wrong with me, i complain to my colleague he was like may be is stress,the feeling continue that before i know it i fainted in the office and was rushed to hospital,i regain consciousness in the evening and the doctor just gave me the gooooooooood news...I was soooo happy and i was advice to avoid stress and was giving two weeks off from work...Asap the experience,My dear,this is one of the experience i wish for every woman...it is immeasurable...the journey was so sweet,my hubby was so helpful(I love you SWEET).I was sick throughout my first trimester,throwing up,anytime i eat,spiting any how,unable to climb stairs especially when am back from work.I have to wait for my hubby to come back and help me up. A times my neighbor will help me. The whole thing vanish after my 3rd month,i became so healthy and always want to do everything in the house.But hubby will be like..Please ooo i no fit shout dear take it easy,a times he will be angry that i want to do it all...Fast forward to my 6th month,i was soooooooooooooooooo happy when i was told i have a twin in there...waoooo,Hubby dance the kind Azonto that i have never see before grin.He called his Dad immediately and announce the good news and immediately we choose sweet names for them.Fast forward to my 7 months i started feeling funny this ugly stretch mark from nowhere full the lower part of my belly,I hardly eat,my hubby hardly use his cream,and perfume in my presence because i will throw up immediately, i despise his cream to the extent he stop using it but he cannot do without his perfume cos he is perfume freak.

Then towards the end of my 8month,i started having this frequent nightmares that my babies will be albino grin grin grin.It wasn't funny at all,i was soooo scared,i have to inform my mum n father in-law,and my mum laugh over it and was that am very funny,that i should just remove my mind from it and be praying hsrd,my father inlaw was the one that was giving me advice asap.I was sooooooo scared,i started reading everything i lay my hands on ,started asking google sooo many question,Hubby was disturb as well because am no longer the happy chap he use to play with,my sister's in law was the one that keep assuring me that such thing will not happen.I have to turn to prayer's ooooooo.

My due date come and gone,nothing no signs i was restless,i cant wait to see my tiny angels(TWO GIRlS )I cant wait again,to feel them and have the first bonding as a mother.. winki kept imaging things how the labour will look like,will anybody be @ home when it will start(Cos i am now with my brother in law in the State and the wife is a nursing mother too, and my brother in law is always on call as in medical doctor wahala and hubby is havig issues sorting out his visa),will it be in the middle of the night,many things running through my mind @ the same time.
First week after my due date they are still in there enjoying,by then i was running out of patience.I just decided to go to hospital cos am overdue to see a doctor,(AS God will have it, Hubby was giving a visa so my mind was a bit at rest but i need to see my doctor as soon as possible)I went to hospital on a Saturday, i was ask not to go back again because am over due,so they can monitor my babies,After 4days in the hospital,i was told they have to induce me,that i will carry my babies on the 5th day...waooooo i was like i cant wait.I was soooo happy.
The next day as early as 6.30am, the team of doctors came and induce me,and that i will be induce again after 6hrs. around 1pm i started feeling somehow,omo i dont know what is wrong i was like is this the labour abi the fake labour we were told about,the pain was becoming too much i have to ring the nurse when dey came to check me they told me that my labour has started that i just dilated 3cm ,she called the doctor ( the doctor was the youngest most beautiful doctor i have ever seen ,Omo the lady fine gan) she checked and told me that i was doing great,so they have to break my water,after that iwas place on monitor, the labour now come with his family ,friends and even enemies grin,the pains was double this time and it will come and go,next second it will double, i was screaming,hubby n brother in law was just consoling me,he was just running after the doctor up and down,they were like giving me options asap pai relieving options,they gave me gas to blow,it wasn't helping,that i should use the bouncing ball omo that one is wosrst, i entered the jcuzi for warm bath no way...they now brought the last option...Epidural...I have read about that before and my co wife told me not to use it that i will not enjoy it,when the came with that, i was rejecting the option but the pain was too much,from 1pm till 7pm i was in labour,just dilated only 3cm...I was getting tired, crying and calling my hubby,He was soaked with sweat, his brother was confuse and at the same time angry that i refuse to take epidural.Around 9pm i was still on 3cm,they came up with the option of CS since am not dilating and my babies are getting weak,i only told them with weak voice that i will deliver normal that i will not have CS.. hubby later convince me on epidural,i was given the drug,but it failed, it only work on one side,all the pain shifted to the other side,they have to top it again and agai before it works, then i was relax and was like( WHY did i refuse this all this why, so na dis Oyibo dey take wey make them no dey shout for when in labour??... )I now relx and take some fruit juice,Nurses was like i should speak to my baby to come out cos the labour is really taking time,we have to enter in prayer...i was crying and begging my babies to land...As God will have it from 3cm i fly to 7cm,they now remove the option of CS,and i was contracting normally and speedily too...everything just work out for good, around 12.30am i was moved to the theater and my first baby arrive 1.05am and the second one 1.22am...To God be the glory, My two angels arrive without CS...Very healthy, they just gave me a Little cut datz all....Thank God with me,Baby Zara and Zane are doing great....we are just 5weeks , and i still cant believe am now a mother and i gave birth to this two pretty Angels..Thanks to God,Doc Natasha and Co..To all the women out there looking for fruit of the womb,just BELIEVE....You will carry your own soonest...Shallom

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by olawunmi05(f): 4:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
@ ukchy

Congratulations!!! (Iya Ibeji).

May God be with the girls! kiss
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by stylesco: 8:04pm On Jun 17, 2013
cibilola:

That cracked me up!! grin although i know child-bearing and labour is probably the most painful experience a woman will ever face. I am due in 7 weeks and i just keep on praying to deliver like the Hebrew women did. My mum is still convinced that i will cry sha! embarassed anyway, it is well, i will worry more about it when the time comes and i will definitely come back here to share my 'wonderful' experience wink

I've been waiting for you to share your experience.
Please do. wink
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by xlency(f): 10:26pm On Jul 21, 2013
pls help me mothers or pre - mothers,i and ,my fiance romancd and no x cos m a virgn,he only tries to enter and stops,now my face is growing wt tiny pimples,my tommy makes noise if i turn or make a move,i did home test n even blood test on pt it was alll negative,pls am i pregnant?
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Nobody: 3:00am On Jul 22, 2013
xlency: pls help me mothers or pre - mothers,i and ,my fiance romancd and no x cos m a virgn,he only tries to enter and stops,now my face is growing wt tiny pimples,my tommy makes noise if i turn or make a move,i did home test n even blood test on pt it was alll negative,pls am i pregnant?
Hv no worry,wait it out(2 wks maybe) and do another test if AF no show by then.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

16 Costly Mistakes Married Women Make / You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography / You’re Going Back To Nigeria - Heartbroken Lady Tells Her Nigerian Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.