Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Can I Be A Programmer?.. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can I Be A Programmer?.. (1694 Views)

How Can I Be Ccna Certified / Teach Me How To Become A Programmer / Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Be A Programmer?.. by YOUNGSTUNA(m): 3:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
Afternoon Nairaland programmers.
Please, i have passion for programming, but i'm very,very...i mean very,very poor at mathethamtics.would it be possible for me to become one...i mean a programmer?
Please help me out..and God bless y'all.
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by asalimpo(m): 3:31pm On Oct 12, 2014
If you have a logical mind and hav d gift of persistence you will go far.
You also need to b averagely intelligent. It's not really about mathematics except u're writng highly mathematical software.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by Rasbajan: 3:54pm On Oct 12, 2014
Yhu can bii anything yhu want My Son
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by YOUNGSTUNA(m): 7:14pm On Oct 12, 2014
asalimpo:
If you have a logical mind and hav d gift of persistence you will go far.
You also need to b averagely intelligent. It's not really about mathematics except u're writng highly mathematical software.
Thanks bro...(not boasting) sir...had never failed any subject before..except math..i can't get math right..maybe i'm curse with that or somethings...
..i'm a very pesistencing type....
I love programmin so much.....i'm currently learnin java..it was fun until my tutor start introducin maths in.....
....once again thanks for ur contribution..
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 12, 2014
Excuse me, I only sabi multiplication table reach 3 times table (dont quote me though), but i no dey slack for programming. See what I am single-handedly working on - www.Nairaland.com, and i shall soon complete it too mind you. When I am stuck, google is my friend. . . .the remaining na just idealogy (idea is needed).
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by CodeHouse: 7:32pm On Oct 12, 2014
No, you can't angry

Sure, you can cheesy

Check this link www.nairaland.com/1147325/want-learn-programming-which-language

You are actually in the best position to answer your question. I ask you, Do you want to be a programmer?
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by YOUNGSTUNA(m): 9:08pm On Oct 12, 2014
dhtml18:
Excuse me, I only sabi multiplication table reach 3 times table (dont quote me though)
*funny you*
Thanks anyway...
Had hired..uncountable maths tutor..during my ss days..i made my math teachers my best friends...and me..thier pet, but yet math failed to penetrate thru my thick skull into my little-tiny brain...
I know i will succeed on being programmer.cus i'm highly determined.
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 12, 2014
Hehehe, i wish you the best
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by YOUNGSTUNA(m): 10:58pm On Oct 12, 2014
i appreciate...@Dhtml..
..css and html was a piece cake to me..
But java is just a freakin bone.
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by Nobody: 4:32am On Oct 13, 2014
When you say piece of cake. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .they are not that straight forward as you think. People tend to under-estimate HTML/CSS and make a lot of mistakes about it.
If you can design a layout similar to what i did on Nairaland, and make it work across all browsers [stupid browsers like: internet explorer 6, opera mini, Netscape 9, mobile phones, tablets and regular desktop browsers] (with basically html/css), then and then only, maybe you are licensed to call html / dhtml a piece of cake.
As per languages, I can claim expertise of over 10 programming languages - dont be deceived by the name "dhtml" (just a moniker).

1 Like

Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by YOUNGSTUNA(m): 6:08am On Oct 13, 2014
#dhtml
ok sir *oga@dtop*
but am just good at what i do and i do what i do best...can i make u my tutor
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by GodMode: 6:16am On Oct 13, 2014
dhtml18:
When you say piece of cake. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .they are not that straight forward as you think. People tend to under-estimate HTML/CSS and make a lot of mistakes about it.
If you can design a layout similar to what i did on Nairaland, and make it work across all browsers [stupid browsers like: internet explorer 6, opera mini, Netscape 9, mobile phones, tablets and regular desktop browsers] (with basically html/css), then and then only, maybe you are licensed to call html / dhtml a piece of cake.
As per languages, I can claim expertise of over 10 programming languages - dont be deceived by the name "dhtml" (just a moniker).

Very easy with a css framework.... But quite time consuming without a framework.

YOUNGSTUNA pls be deceived by his moniker...

The number of programming languages a person knows doesn't matter its how you use it and how fast you want to complete a project that matters.

But in the words of Bjarne Stroustrup "you can't call yourself a professional if u don't know at least 5 languages".

^^^That's just his opinion.

1 Like

Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by pastormustwac: 8:41am On Oct 13, 2014
There is no frontend framework that will give you that functionality I just described, not even bootstrap - don't even go there at all. Some things are best done using generic coding. Is twitter / facebook using bootstrap and all those nonsense libraries? Godmode, you speak like a copy-paster, too much talk and no action.
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by pastormustwac: 8:44am On Oct 13, 2014
When you know multiple languages, it makes you a better programmer. In fact it is said that to be a good hacker, you must know at least 5 solid languages. If you are a one-language person, you will never appreciate the power that comes with knowing multiple languages - because you have never wielded such a power - so attempting to commonize it is just an attempt to make yourself look foooolish. @Godmode

1 Like

Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by GodMode: 8:55am On Oct 13, 2014
pastormustwac:
There is no frontend framework that will give you that functionality I just described, not even bootstrap - don't even go there at all. Some things are best done using generic coding. Is twitter / facebook using bootstrap and all those nonsense libraries? Godmode, you speak like a copy-paster, too much talk and no action.

Is this dhtml18 other moniker

Do u understand my comment at all

Twitter created bootstrapangry so they use it.
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by GodMode: 9:08am On Oct 13, 2014
pastormustwac:
When you know multiple languages, it makes you a better programmer. In fact it is said that to be a good hacker, you must know at least 5 solid languages. If you are a one-language person, you will never appreciate the power that comes with knowing multiple languages - because you have never wielded such a power - so attempting to commonize it is just an attempt to make yourself look foooolish. @Godmode

Who said anything about been a hacker

Some people just want to be programmers...

The beginner web developer needs knowledge of at least 2 languages (one client side and one server side)

I don't consider html/css and SQL programming languages but they are needed in web development..

For desktop, a person will only need C/C++ or Java or python. What's the point of learning all 4 of them when a person can hire experts in those languages.

Most desktop coding languages can do the same thing.. Like I said in my previous comment

"The number of programming languages a person knows doesn't matter its how you use it and how fast you want to complete a project that matters."

Means that the time a coder will use to create a program will determine the language of choice.
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by codemarshal08(m): 9:17am On Oct 13, 2014
It is Very Possible for U to Become a Programmer @Young

Greetings to U o...........Lets Take it easy @DHTML & GODMODE & Pastor
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by drealboy(m): 10:26am On Oct 13, 2014
sure u can ...but only u can answer the question
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by YOUNGSTUNA(m): 7:48pm On Oct 13, 2014
Guys, guys, guys..no fightin plsss..
Am a beginner....pls.
I wanna start with java,i will further go for visual BASIC..c++ and php
I really appreciate you guys so much for y'all helpful contribution
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by asalimpo(m): 1:03am On Oct 14, 2014
It mayb tht nobody ever taught u maths right. You may com to this conclusion wen/if u become adept at self teachg.
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by JackOfAllTrades: 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2014
during my school days it was always a 'd' or an 'f' when it comes to math.
what you need is determination and constant practice, enjoy encountering problems and be proud when you solve them, I currently work with Java, JavaScript php and c++
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 18, 2014
GodMode:

Is this dhtml18 other moniker

Do u understand my comment at all

Twitter created bootstrapangry so they use it.
I see, sorry for my mispost i did not read your comment properly. And yes, that was my moniker!! How every now?
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by GodMode: 8:16pm On Oct 18, 2014
dhtml18:

I see, sorry for my mispost i did not read your comment properly. How every now?

Fixed...

If d mods see your admission... Super Ban..
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 18, 2014
^^^Na today? everyone knows that I have uncountable amount of monikers running all over the place. I just don dey tire, not really finding stuffs to stimulate me these days. . . . . . .cant even remember the last time i created any topic sef.
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by GodMode: 10:42pm On Oct 18, 2014
No ip banning.
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by Djtm(m): 11:38pm On Oct 18, 2014
pastormustwac:
twitter runs on bootstrap.
Re: Can I Be A Programmer?.. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
Djtm:

twitter runs on bootstrap.
Errr, mas o meno yo creo o no comprendo por la escribe!

(1) (Reply)

A Good Programmer That Lives In Lagos Needed / Learn Coding!!! Weekdays And Weekend / G I S Expert Come In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.