Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,131 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Adopting A Baby - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adopting A Baby (1733 Views)

Is Adopting A Child Bad? / What Are The Procedures And Processes For Adopting A Child / What Are The Negative Side Of Adopting A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adopting A Baby by izzabett(f): 8:48am On Nov 12, 2008
Hello! Can anyone one here tell me how to go about adopting a baby? Urgent relies pls. Thanks.
Re: Adopting A Baby by busybody20: 10:09am On Nov 12, 2008
which country do you reside?
Re: Adopting A Baby by izzabett(f): 11:46am On Nov 12, 2008
Nigeria
Re: Adopting A Baby by spikedcylinder: 2:37pm On Nov 12, 2008
Have you tried SOS children's village?

[size=5pt]I hope it is for a noble cause o[/size]! smiley
Re: Adopting A Baby by spikedcylinder: 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2008
Maybe you should check this:

http://www.littledropsorphanagefund.org/
Re: Adopting A Baby by lucabrasi(m): 4:03pm On Nov 12, 2008
@poster
dont know but you can try www.linkachild.org or call 08033854523, good luck
Re: Adopting A Baby by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 13, 2008
ggg
Re: Adopting A Baby by geniuspro: 8:20pm On Nov 13, 2008
hi there,

I once worked with linkachild.org.They are really effective.

TY Bello's Husband is in charge of www.linkachild.org
Re: Adopting A Baby by izzabett(f): 8:13am On Nov 14, 2008
Its awfull what people do to children!!! I got the address of SOS at linkachild. anyone know somebody there? Thanks all.
Re: Adopting A Baby by lucabrasi(m): 1:48pm On Nov 14, 2008
like someone said,i think you should try the abandoned kids that was accused of being witches in the channel 4 programme, they need adopting as their cases r even worse than any sos or orphanage in lagos, since the programme wa aired,i have been thinking about adoption but just trying to work on the practicality of adopting a child while studying abroad,as sending money might not be used for the right purpose
@geniuspro
what dyu think one can do in that situation?if i wanted to take care of maybe one of the kids but live abroad
Re: Adopting A Baby by MadMax1(f): 1:31pm On Nov 15, 2008
@lucabrasi

This is the first I've heard of witch babies, and it's horrible. What is the state government doing about it? Are they letting that sort of thing continue, with Bishops putting stuff into children's eyes,for crying out loud?
How can one locate the place? I've been thinking of adopting for some time, and this may finally jolt me out of my complacency.
Re: Adopting A Baby by chy4luv: 11:13pm On Nov 15, 2008
I also want to adopt too,but not now as am expecting my baby next week.It's just that i don't know how to go about it since i'm in UK.Bringing the child from Naija to UK,how to go about the visa.Any suggestion is highly recommended.
Re: Adopting A Baby by lucabrasi(m): 11:58pm On Nov 15, 2008
@mad max
yes its for real o,check out this facebook group
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=9476440119

the white guy that did the documentary mobilised the children and their handlers and went on a rally to the governor's office,to his credit at least he gave them an audience and promised to sign the child cruelty act into law which he did,he also promised to make some funds available which he had not done till the end of the documentary, no one knows if he later did or not but theres a group on facebook raising money for them, pls if you can then dont delay and start making the necessary steps,i for one will do so as well because this is a clear and present danger that we really need to do something about as nigerians
Re: Adopting A Baby by lucabrasi(m): 12:01am On Nov 16, 2008
@chy4luv
i think the first step is getting in touch with the children's handlers,try going on the facebook group i posted and you ll find the actual charity housing the children, pls lets do something, do you know that only 2% yes 2% of all children in nigerian orphanages are adopted?it tok a white man from britain to open our eyes to something happening right in our backyard, i felt ashamed and angry watching the programme
Re: Adopting A Baby by izzabett(f): 7:53am On Nov 18, 2008
I checked your link, It appears the children handler's are foriengers. I have been told by three diiferent people that work in different ophanages that the way to go about it starts from the Alausa. Anyone knows about this? please enlighten me.
Re: Adopting A Baby by lucabrasi(m): 11:32pm On Nov 18, 2008
@izzabet
go to the politics section and click on the child witches thread,you ll find some helpful links on there or email the poster,there are addresses of the actual charity shown in the documentary who are taking care of the children,hope you dont believe in the whole witches thing tho as you might have second thoughs when villagers and nigerians prevail on you not to smiley
Re: Adopting A Baby by laralash: 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2008
If you are planning on bringing your adopted child to the UK, you have to get your local UK social services involved. They need to ensure you are suitable to adopt a child otherwise if you do it from Nigeria or anywhere else abroad without them involved, you will not be able to get a visa for the child.

(1) (Reply)

Hospital Offers Promo On Ivf / She Is Tired Of Her Marriage; She Wants To Quit / Obtain Your Nigeria Birth Certificate @ NPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.