Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs (3385 Views)

Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. / Photos : Accident Leads To Fight Between BRT Staff And Car Owner In Lagos / Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by Godiskind: 8:35pm On Oct 12, 2014
I created this thread to enable car owners or drivers to share his/her experiences with the policemen or other task forces in providing car documents.

Ever had of someone complaining on how the police tried to use intimidation on him to spend money, even after he has provided all the necessary documents. What about different categories of agboro working under the umbrella of the govt?

The aim of this thread is to enable car users especially those new in the system to know possible encounters they can get from the police or other task force. And to know the necessary documents they need for their vehicle to knw how face such situation.

Please in order for this to be helpful to the audience, I would want us to follow these rules:

1. State the type of vehicle u use.
2. What it is used for, ie, private or commercial?
3. What paper did police ask from you that u did not have?
4. What papers did u have or present?
5. How did u resolve the problems with them?

I dont have a car yet but hope to have soonest. Pls share ur experience with us, pls follow d outlined steps above
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by HarkinromardeY(m): 9:04pm On Oct 12, 2014
This happened to me abt a month ago when I went out with my dad's car,not d first time though. Maybe because I dressed lovely this day,made the police man stopped me. Asked me to open the booth which I did. He later asked for vehicle particular and my driver licence which I gave him.next tin he said I shud open bonnet. Apart from driving the car I don't av any bizness with engine no or chasis no,even my dad do not know where these are talkless me. So the policeman said the chasis no is in place of the engine no(he also does not know where it is) I ended up in their station that day. At the end of the day it was our mechanic who know where it is and another policeman that confirmed it or else they would have arrested me for stealing car.
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by sultaan(m): 9:14pm On Oct 12, 2014
In the last 12 years I have been stopped 3 times ;

Driving around a jewelry store 1 am with headlight off

Driving with bad break light

15mph over speed limit on 316

2 warning no ticket, police just asked for license and registration.

The 15 days total I have been in Nigeria in last 12 years I think about 6 times almost everytime I am in a car on the road and total cost of ~N10k in pay out them kidnapping me to police station in Nigeria is not and option. And the only time I ever drove on Nigerian road was in the city of Ikare Ekiti state because there was no police. Won't even try driving in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:15pm On Oct 12, 2014
Nice thread

I have several cars but my papers are consistent.

For cars got brand new I do not have custom duty certificates or vehicle inspection papers, because the law specifically states its for cars older than 5years, so this is my list

1. Recipt of the vehicle
2.Certificate of ownership
3.Insurance
4.Vehicle licence
5.Recipt of number plate
6.Police clearance
7.Vio or MOT papers
8.Tint permit
9.Photocopy of drivers licence
10.Custom duty certificate
11.Vehicle registration booklet
12. Other papers to make it plenty

Note the only papers you have to renew every year are, 3,4,and 7 others are constant.

All my papers are spiral bound and look like the pic below. Funny thing is I haven't shown any one my papers in about 2 years.

7 Likes

Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 13, 2014
sultaan:
In the last 12 years I have been stopped 3 times ;

Driving around a jewelry store 1 am with headlight off

Driving with bad break light

15mph over speed limit on 316

2 warning no ticket, police just asked for license and registration.

The 15 days total I have been in Nigeria in last 12 years I think about 6 times almost everytime I am in a car on the road and total cost of ~N10k in pay out them kidnapping me to police station in Nigeria is not and option. And the only time I ever drove on Nigerian road was in the city of Ikare Ekiti state because there was no police. Won't even try driving in Lagos.

Ikere or Ikare?
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by nurey(m): 7:12am On Oct 13, 2014
GAZZUZZ:
Nice thread

I have several cars but my papers are consistent.

For cars got brand new I do not have custom duty certificates or vehicle inspection papers, because the law specifically states its for cars older than 5years, so this is my list

1. Recipt of the vehicle
2.Certificate of ownership
3.Insurance
4.Vehicle licence
5.Recipt of number plate
6.Police clearance
7.Vio or MOT papers
8.Tint permit
9.Photocopy of drivers licence
10.Custom duty certificate
11.Vehicle registration booklet
12. Other papers to make it plenty

Note the only papers you have to renew every year are, 3,4,and 7 others are constant.

All my papers are spiral bound and look like the pic below. Funny thing is I haven't shown any one my papers in about 2 years.

See packaging, only a mad officer will be presented this spiral binded certificate of ownership of the highest level and will still be delaying the owner. Mr you three much. Lol

2 Likes

Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by nurey(m): 7:27am On Oct 13, 2014
I drive a toyota sienna bus I have been stopped like 5 times
1st. He asked for only my drivers license after showing him he allowed me to go that was at adekunle bus stop along yaba

2nd at adeniji going to 3rd mainland bridge the officers stopped me I was carrying bed to my bros house I just told them it is for my brother they didn't ask me for anything, 30mins later I passed their again awith another bed with my bro and I explained to them the seller of that bed cheated me reason for my second attempt at that juction. Lol

3rd at adekunle around 9pm with a brand new freezer in my trunk, the guy asked for my DL and was really interested in the receipt of the freezer which I didn't have it was a present. I got mad after I explained about the freezer and he was still adamant I provide the. Receipt. It was my bro that told me to cool down and faced the officer, when he saw we just wanted to waste his time, he let us go.

4the was at oyingbo close to the nigerian railway corp office, the hungry officer just asked for my tinted permit, I don't blame him the car glass looks tinted from afar but on closer exposure, it is transparent I just told him the glasses aren't opaque and he dismissed me after looking at my osama bin laden bloodshot eyes.

That's all
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by chucky234(m): 9:39am On Oct 13, 2014
I have been stopped once and funny enough I ended up at Festac police station.
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by Lovetinz(m): 6:23pm On Oct 13, 2014
^^ What was your offense?
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by Godiskind: 8:34pm On Oct 13, 2014
Pls can you tell us why u were stopped? Why did it have to end at d police station? How did u finally resolve it?
chucky234:
I have been stopped once and funny enough I ended up at Festac police station.
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by chucky234(m): 9:05pm On Oct 13, 2014
Godiskind:
Pls can you tell us why u were stopped? Why did it have to end at d police station? How did u finally resolve it?
I was driving in my Corolla along with a friend of mine when they stopped us, they asked for my DL which I provided to them, they further asked for my vehicle particulars which I handed over to them. After going through the docs the most senior of them demanded to see the original copies of my car docs, I told them that I dont drive around with the original copies but they insisted. Instead of bribing my way out I followed them to their office, I called my younger brother who brought the originals to the station.
After plenty talk here and there they allow us to go without spending a dime, they ended up wasting our time.
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by Godiskind: 9:06pm On Oct 13, 2014
Pls I appeal to us to tell our real experience in such a way that someone may be able to learn somthing from it.
@HarkinromardeY, Thats one of d problems being faced, police would always want to take advantage of someone's ignorance. But I am glad u did not end up sleeping in d plice station, though I guess u must have spent a bit. But did u eventually learn from d mechanic where d chassis nos is indicated? Did u learn something from that ur experience?
@GAZZUZZ, I like d way u presented ur xperienc in this issue. It's quite enlightening sir. Atleast thru it someone can learn that car that is not older than 5yrs doesnt need custom duty cert or vehic inspectn paper. Also one can know some of the paper d car owner shud hav, and d ones that need periodic renewal. But I want to ask d following:
1.If u buy a brand new car, after using it for more than 5yrs, are u then required to go for custom duty paper?
2. Tint permit, is it not renewable?
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:29pm On Oct 13, 2014
Godiskind:
Pls I appeal to us to tell our real experience in such a way that someone may be able to learn somthing from it.
@HarkinromardeY, Thats one of d problems being faced, police would always want to take advantage of someone's ignorance. But I am glad u did not end up sleeping in d plice station, though I guess u must have spent a bit. But did u eventually learn from d mechanic where d chassis nos is indicated? Did u learn something from that ur experience?
@GAZZUZZ, I like d way u presented ur xperienc in this issue. It's quite enlightening sir. Atleast thru it someone can learn that car that is not older than 5yrs doesnt need custom duty cert or vehic inspectn paper. Also one can know some of the paper d car owner shud hav, and d ones that need periodic renewal. But I want to ask d following:
1.If u buy a brand new car, after using it for more than 5yrs, are u then required to go for custom duty paper?
2. Tint permit, is it not renewable?

Please let me rephrase, for a car bought brand new from say dana motors or choscaris, since they clear their cars in bulk, you might not have individual custom duty certificate ready as at time of purchase, you will only be issues a cover note from the company stating that the vehicle has been cleared and certificate will be issued in when recived.

For the vehicle inspection, it is for cars older than 5years.
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by Godiskind: 9:33pm On Oct 13, 2014
Good! It's not every time that they shud hav their way. And normally, u are not supposed to be driving along with ur original papers. I thank God ur broda cud provide d originals just in time.
chucky234:
I was driving in my Corolla along with a friend of mine when they stopped us, they asked for my DL which I provided to them, they further asked for my vehicle particulars which I handed over to them. After going through the docs the most senior of them demanded to see the original copies of my car docs, I told them that I dont drive around with the original copies but they insisted. Instead of bribing my way out I followed them to their office, I called my younger brother who brought the originals to the station.
After plenty talk here and there they allow us to go without spending a dime, they ended up wasting our time.
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by chucky234(m): 9:35pm On Oct 13, 2014
Godiskind:
Good! It's not every time that they shud hav their way. And normally, u are not supposed to be driving along with ur original papers. I thank God ur broda cud provide d originals just in time.
I was not ready to part with any kobo.
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by Godiskind: 9:53pm On Oct 13, 2014
Thank you sir for d more clarification
GAZZUZZ:

Please let me rephrase, for a car bought brand new from say dana motors or choscaris, since they clear their cars in bulk, you might not have individual custom duty certificate ready as at time of purchase, you will only be issues a cover note from the company stating that the vehicle has been cleared and certificate will be issued in when recived.

For the vehicle inspection, it is for cars older than 5years.
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by HarkinromardeY(m): 3:51pm On Oct 14, 2014
@Godiskind what they did that pained me most was that they really delayed me. But did u knw that the policeman that stopped me also do not knw where d engine no is located too because if he does he wouldn't av wasted my time that day,imagine u askin sm1 for something u also do not knw where it is,which u're meant to.I now knw where the engine no is,tnx to our mechanic
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by Godiskind: 9:28pm On Oct 14, 2014
A friend narrated to me an experience he had one of the days he was travelling from abia to abuja with his private car. Along his way, he stopped at a checkpoint where he was met by an army who asked him 'who is d owner of dis car'? He responded 'its mine'. He asked him to provide the proof of ownership. My friend gave him d papers of the vehicle and a copy of his DL. The army, after lookin thru d papers, he furiosly flung d papers to d guy and was shouting 'look at U, u're enjoyin AC,while I'm here standing in d sun, look at u! Look @ u! Look @ u a small boy! My friend said he's sure he seniors dis very army that was calling him small boy. The army was lookin @ him furiosly and like someone who wants to cry. My friend said thru out d time d army was doing all these he didnt say anythin because he ddnt knw what he wud do and he wud worsen d whole thing. And after some time d army askd him to go.
My ppu how can someone transfer his grievances to someone that did him nothing?

4 Likes

Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by yuzedo: 10:18am On Oct 15, 2014
Godiskind:
A friend narrated to me an experience he had one of the days he was travelling from abia to abuja with his private car. Along his way, he stopped at a checkpoint where he was met by an army who asked him 'who is d owner of dis car'? He responded 'its mine'. He asked him to provide the proof of ownership. My friend gave him d papers of the vehicle and a copy of his DL. The army, after lookin thru d papers, he furiosly flung d papers to d guy and was shouting 'look at U, u're enjoyin AC,while I'm here standing in d sun, look at u! Look @ u! Look @ u a small boy! My friend said he's sure he seniors dis very army that was calling him small boy. The army was lookin @ him furiosly and like someone who wants to cry. My friend said thru out d time d army was doing all these he didnt say anythin because he ddnt knw what he wud do and he wud worsen d whole thing. And after some time d army askd him to go.
My ppu how can someone transfer his grievances to someone that did him nothing?
grin grin grin
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by yuzedo: 10:46am On Oct 15, 2014
Haven't renewed my Driver's License since it expired about two years ago but all my car documents are complete and up-to-date.

Most times the police don't stop me because of my countenance, type of car I drive and perhaps my "chiefly" appearance, and even when they do, i calmly bluff my way out of the situation. However, all that inexplicably changed of recent and I started getting stopped more and more, having to part with N500 here, N1,000 there. The final straw was about two weeks ago driving in Surulere and I was on the phone when a plain-cloth officer tapped on my passing car to stop, I ignored and drove on, thinking this nigga would let it go, hell no, agile mopol nimbly ran to his colleagues in their commandeered danfo and started pursuing me.

Now my car is about 289 HP with its V6 engine and very sound, so I'm wondering how danfo will catch up with me if it isn't jazz? Una wan race abi? Oya na! I began turboing like a m'fcker, these guys were unrelenting, chasing me like I stole N40 dodo from a pregnant Iyaloja. I was doing 140kph on inner roads, driving on the wrong lane, splashing water and whatnot, I knew I had to NOT get caught. Alas, brethren, na still Lagos we dey, so the inevitable happened - T.R.A.F.F.I.C embarassed

I saw the snarl at the junction from a distance (stupid danfos) and had two options, pray for the best, or take one way. I chose the former, them chasing popos jumped out and blocked the vehicle in front of me, I just told my passengers, "izzolova friends, dun cry, dun beg."

Aggressive armed policemen jumped into the car (three) while two others immediately arrested my two friends and put them in danfo. (Lol, in fact the girl among us had never entered bus in her life).. See vex na! They were threatening, very angry, me I was just calm, after all, I hadn't identified myself, dem no know who dis persin be. I was still driving slow, making sure my friends were okay, and just smiling, refusing to be intimidated by the severity of the matter and their menacing disposition. We drove to Area *** and they searched my car from top to bottom, searched me, searched my devices. Niggas weren't playing.

Finally when they were done, I went to meet their oga, calmly pulled him aside, "identified myself", and apologized for my recklessness, asking him to allow me pay restitution. I didn't try to drag or form sense, although I subtly made it known that I didn't have all day to waste. The man was already dreaming of his handshake with CP, and subsequent promotion. Felt he had busted an arms or drug runner, reason for my escape attempt.

Finally settled "the boys" with close to N10,000.. Which is basically how much I need for license, the reason I wasn't keen on stopping in the first place.

My happiness is that I wasn't carrying a weapon that day. Story for change.

......... I've applied for and I'm getting my temporary license on Friday.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST. Long and short of the story:It was a deadly day, but I had a black man blood in me.
© Yuzedo 2014

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by chucky234(m): 11:30am On Oct 15, 2014
yuzedo:
Haven't renewed my Driver's License since it expired about two years ago but all my car documents are complete and up-to-date.

Most times the police don't stop me because of my countenance, type of car I drive and perhaps my "chiefly" appearance, and even when they do, i calmly bluff my way out of the situation. However, all that inexplicably changed of recent and I started getting stopped more and more, having to part with N500 here, N1,000 there. The final straw was about two weeks ago driving in Surulere and I was on the phone when a plain-cloth officer tapped on my passing car to stop, I ignored and drove on, thinking this nigga would let it go, hell no, agile mopol nimbly ran to his colleagues in their commandeered danfo and started pursuing me.

Now my car is about 289 HP with its V6 engine and very sound, so I'm wondering how danfo will catch up with me if it isn't jazz? Una wan race abi? Oya na! I began turboing like a m'fcker, these guys were unrelenting, chasing me like I stole N40 dodo from a pregnant Iyaloja. I was doing 140kph on inner roads, driving on the wrong lane, splashing water and whatnot, I knew I had to NOT get caught. Alas, brethren, na still Lagos we dey, so the inevitable happened - T.R.A.F.F.I.C embarassed

I saw the snarl at the junction from a distance (stupid danfos) and had two options, pray for the best, or take one way. I chose the former, them chasing popos jumped out and blocked the vehicle in front of me, I just told my passengers, "izzolova friends, dun cry, dun beg."

Aggressive armed policemen jumped into the car (three) while two others immediately arrested my two friends and put them in danfo. (Lol, in fact the girl among us had never entered bus in her life).. See vex na! They were threatening, very angry, me I was just calm, after all, I hadn't identified myself, dem no know who dis persin be. I was still driving slow, making sure my friends were okay, and just smiling, refusing to be intimidated by the severity of the matter and their menacing disposition. We drove to Area *** and they searched my car from top to bottom, searched me, searched my devices. Niggas weren't playing.

Finally when they were done, I went to meet their oga, calmly pulled him aside, "identified myself", and apologized for my recklessness, asking him to allow me pay restitution. I didn't try to drag or form sense, although I subtly made it known that I didn't have all day to waste. The man was already dreaming of his handshake with CP, and subsequent promotion. Felt he had busted an arms or drug runner, reason for my escape attempt.

Finally settled "the boys" with close to N10,000.. Which is basically how much I need for license, the reason I wasn't keen on stopping in the first place.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST. Long and short of the story:It was a deadly day, but I had a black man blood in me.
© Yuzedo 2014
Thank your star say no be Festac policemen catch you, hmmm Okoro for lock you up first before any thing.
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by tolutweety(m): 11:38am On Oct 15, 2014
yuzedo:

© Yuzedo 2014

see write-up !!! (And this what makes you my number 1 man on NL cheesy cheesy)
seun, why can't i like this post more then once sad sad
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 15, 2014
Coming back from a wedding last christmas with momsy, road safety officers stopped us, asked for my DL, all the papers were complete, then he started all these their "ur headlamp, traffic indicator, brake light, parking light bla bla bla" no problem with any. Then he asked for fire extinguisher, i brought it out n d guy said that it is empty, Something that looks brand new. Na there case start, he refused giving me back my DL, dat he is gonna charge us for the empty extinguisher. Momsy provoke, shout oh, ginger oh! Finally, d man returned d DL n told us to get a new FE. It was wen we left that momsy now explained why she provoked. According to her, the FRSC guys on that particular spot were the same people that stopped her and demanded for FE some months back, that made her bought that one and also gave them some money before she was allowed to pass then.
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
me i pack all the pares old and new ones toghether - usually a fat stack of papers , so the pricks have to suffer. sometimes they pull an old document, oga your paper is expired, and i say check properly , it is there

sometimes, when they see teh stack, they just say oga go

sometime i just laugh - oga - we are ready for you - which one do you want

you should consider scanning and printing your dl on a4.

a common rue of these pricks is to hold on to your DL

so just make a big copy - if they want let them hold that

3 Likes

Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by skullz: 2:15pm On Oct 16, 2014
^^ Same thing here oh, I pack the entire thing inside one very old file, as them stop me I go just pull the heavy scrawny looking file out.
Their face go change immediately. angry

Always lock your doors, if possible keep pythons at the empty passenger seats. grin

1 Like

Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by doroboss(m): 3:11pm On Oct 16, 2014
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 16, 2014
nurey:

See packaging, only a mad officer will be presented this spiral binded certificate of ownership of the highest level and will still be delaying the owner. Mr you three much. Lol
You don't necessarily need those documents, if you have jalopy like my 1998 Toyota corolla.
These are THE only papers or documents required to drive a car on Nigeria road.
1: Current vehicle license
2: Current driver's licence
3: Comprehensive or third party insurance policy from reputable insurance firm.
OR
You can even drive your car without current documents, simply by having a police officer friend, you can easily make one, what it will cost you, is occasional pepper soup and cold lager

1 Like

Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by psp2pc(m): 9:51am On Oct 17, 2014
grin
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by psp2pc(m): 9:53am On Oct 17, 2014
doroboss:
When he's drivng [img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRO-4KFrqvClMedmxRS3063lXtOCs6uQEJdwRv1pkYHYOZdKsn9xAIgbjON[/img]
No one stops us grin

JOKE COPIED AND PASTED

I was driving down the street when a police man stop my car
and immediately opened the door enter and jammed it. As
usual he wanted to collect "EGUNJE"money from me...Then
suddenly he saw the big grown dog in the back seat with
tongue sticking out angrily staring fiercely at him.
POLICE: [shaking] Ah! You carry dog?
ME: [I bone my face] Yes!
POLICE: [feeling uncomfortable] Na where una come dey
come from?
ME: From hospital!
POLICE: [feeling uneasy] Ehen! You sick?
ME: No, na the dog o.
POLICE: [Looks back] Why the dog come dey shake im head
like dat?
ME: Oh! Like that? If the dog wan bite person na so e dey
shake head o.
POLICE: and the dog know you o?
ME: Yes na, no be me get am?
POLICE: [sweating] This your door how you dey open am?
ME: Open it na, abi u no know as you take enter.
POLICE: Abeg! Na since I notice the dog I don dey try open
am.....
Then the flew out of the car...
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by Godiskind: 3:13pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nawa ooo.. That means they deliberatly tell ppu that d fire extinguisher is empty so they can chop d person mugu.
click2cbn:
Coming back from a wedding last christmas with momsy, road safety officers stopped us, asked for my DL, all the papers were complete, then he started all these their "ur headlamp, traffic indicator, brake light, parking light bla bla bla" no problem with any. Then he asked for fire extinguisher, i brought it out n d guy said that it is empty, Something that looks brand new. Na there case start, he refused giving me back my DL, dat he is gonna charge us for the empty extinguisher. Momsy provoke, shout oh, ginger oh! Finally, d man returned d DL n told us to get a new FE. It was wen we left that momsy now explained why she provoked. According to her, the FRSC guys on that particular spot were the same people that stopped her and demanded for FE some months back, that made her bought that one and also gave them some money before she was allowed to pass then.
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
Godiskind:
Nawa ooo.. That means they deliberatly tell ppu that d fire extinguisher is empty so they can chop d person mugu.
I believe someone might have tampered with the fire extinguisher at home cos in d course of the argument, I tried it and nothing came out
. maybe tampered and it "leaked and got empty"
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by fidelio2002: 11:09pm On Oct 17, 2014
@Gazzuzz the way u arranged ur car papers is really nice but i bet u if u drive in Edo State d police there must find a fault in those papers. I was in Edo State 3wks ago And was driving (a camry) when some police men sopped me. They asked for DL And my car papers which i gave to them. When they saw i had all they asked for, then one of them pointed at my license they the column written colour that its custom they wrote there instead of the vehicle colour. i explained to them that d color of a car can be changed at anytime perhaps that is why d FRSC pple put custom there but they refused hear. After delaying me for about 30mins And discovered i was not ready to drop money, they now allowed me to go.

Another experience wt Nasarawa State police today. I was driving wt my family dis morning when i notice my vehicle temperature getting unusually high. So i parked my car under Keffi bridge, came down, opened d hood, And noticed one of d wires connecting d fan lossed contact. After fixing it And closing d hood. A police van came wt 3 policemen inside blocking my car. They said i was not supposed to park under d bridge. I explained it was my car that developed a fault that made me stop but they still did not want to hear. They tried intimidating me And asked for money but i refused to give them. Then they took me to their station. When we got there, they collected my car keys, vehicle papers And DL. I was still not intimidated. I now requested to see their DPO. Then they started soft-pedalling. Luckily, d DPO heard us n came out. When i explained what happened he barked at them n ordered them to give all d items they took from me. Na so i take free today Oº°˚˚°º . I have lost confidence in d Nigerian police!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? / Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? / My Nissan Pathfinder Jerks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.