Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Need Advice In Rearing Turkey - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Need Advice In Rearing Turkey (3298 Views)

Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy / Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. / How Do I Start Snail Rearing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice In Rearing Turkey by eddyspice(m): 10:20pm On Oct 12, 2014
Pls I need advice on the following
1-how long with it take to rear turkey to maturity
2-how lucrative is rearing of turkey
3-do they have feeds for turkey different from that of chicken
Re: Need Advice In Rearing Turkey by goludayo: 7:06pm On Oct 13, 2014
It take 7-8month with consistent feeding,,their feed is similar with that of chicken
Re: Need Advice In Rearing Turkey by ogbongenet: 7:35pm On Oct 13, 2014
The breed of d turkey determines a lot,the local breed get to maturity by 7 to 8month(10 to15kg).while d imported the imported get matured by 7month(20 to 30kg).The day old of the local breed is between 400 and 500 while d local breed is 1500.
Re: Need Advice In Rearing Turkey by moyin2009: 7:20am On Oct 14, 2014
where can d foreign turkey can be source
Re: Need Advice In Rearing Turkey by ogbongenet: 12:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
for nw u cant get d hybrid turkey again till next year because its seasonal product.for more info call 08060115253
Re: Need Advice In Rearing Turkey by Titiladeolu(m): 12:46pm On Oct 15, 2014
moyin2009:
where can d foreign turkey can be source

You can get them in Ibadan..

I can get them for you..

Mail drtitilade.olu@gmail.com
Re: Need Advice In Rearing Turkey by moyin2009: 5:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
Titiladeolu:

You can get them in Ibadan..

I can get them for you..

Mail drtitilade.olu@gmail.com
I am on whatsapp 08145288299.
Thanks
Re: Need Advice In Rearing Turkey by pricelesshoney(f): 10:41pm On Aug 29, 2018
ogbongenet:
The breed of d turkey determines a lot,the local breed get to maturity by 7 to 8month(10 to15kg).while d imported the imported get matured by 7month(20 to 30kg).The day old of the local breed is between 400 and 500 while d local breed is 1500.
hello please I just stumbled on this, can I buy the foreign and local together? If yes will the foreign mate the local?
Re: Need Advice In Rearing Turkey by Chibenze(m): 3:01am On Aug 30, 2018
pricelesshoney:
hello please I just stumbled on this, can I buy the foreign and local together? If yes will the foreign mate the local?
the foreign will mate the local for sometime but it will be difficult to continue because of its size/ weght, but a local male turkey can easily mate the foreign female
Re: Need Advice In Rearing Turkey by pricelesshoney(f): 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2018
Chibenze:
the foreign will mate the local for sometime but it will be difficult to continue because of its size/ weght, but a local male turkey can easily mate the foreign female
oh thanks a zillion, please 2 more question , is the hybrid same as foreign in terms of weight gain? 2; Is there a market for it anytime or only during celebrations ,or do they also dress it to sell to food processors per kg? Thanks for taking out time for me
Re: Need Advice In Rearing Turkey by Chibenze(m): 4:23am On Aug 31, 2018
pricelesshoney:
oh thanks a zillion, please 2 more question , is the hybrid same as foreign in terms of weight gain? 2; Is there a market for it anytime or only during celebrations ,or do they also dress it to sell to food processors per kg? Thanks for taking out time for me
no the difference clear, there is always market for turkey all base on the type and method of farming u choose (either for breeding or for meat) make research around your environment / processors around to get a clear analysis. i heard processor do buy per kg too..please ask within and update us.
Re: Need Advice In Rearing Turkey by pricelesshoney(f): 2:36pm On Aug 31, 2018
Chibenze:
no the difference clear, there is always market for turkey all base on the type and method of farming u choose (either for breeding or for meat) make research around your environment / processors around to get a clear analysis. i heard processor do buy per kg too..please ask within and update us.
okay I will do that on Monday, thanks

(1) (Reply)

Ever Wonder How Palm Oil Is Made? / Need COW Horns Or Gallstones? / Livestock Production As A Business Venture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.