Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

What's D Effect Of Dis In My Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's D Effect Of Dis In My Car (903 Views)

What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? / What's D Effect Of Dis In My Car / Siena: What's D Effect Of Parking A Car For Six Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's D Effect Of Dis In My Car by charly24: 10:41pm On Oct 12, 2014
I noticed today dat d engine of my car raised above d norma engine sound and later open my engine bonet and discover one air pipe dat connects air frm one port to anoda has a linkage when I try to seal d linkage with a tape d sound of d engine reduced pls GURUS in house dos it have any negative effect on d engine ? Pls wot d I do to avoide d air like n also bring d sound down permanently cos I tik it can also affect d consumtion of d fuel pls d DONS advice pls THANKS its a tiny light camry 99 modern
Re: What's D Effect Of Dis In My Car by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 12, 2014
charly24:
I noticed today dat d engine of my car raised above d norma engine sound and later open my engine bonet and discover one air pipe dat connects air frm one port to anoda has a linkage when I try to seal d linkage with a tape d sound of d engine reduced pls GURUS in house dos it have any negative effect on d engine ? Pls wot d I do to avoide d air like n also bring d sound down permanently cos I tik it can also affect d consumtion of d fuel pls d DONS advice pls THANKS its a tiny light camry 99 modern

Sounds like you have an intake leak. This will affect your gas mileage and arguably could damage the cylinder bores in the long run.

Just get it fixed.
Re: What's D Effect Of Dis In My Car by charly24: 10:47pm On Oct 12, 2014
Thanks Boss pls more advice cos I luv to knw like learning pls more comments are wellcome thanks once again
Re: What's D Effect Of Dis In My Car by charly24: 10:50pm On Oct 12, 2014
CityNG:

Sounds like you have an intake leak. This will affect your gas mileage and arguably could damage the cylinder bores in the long run.

Just get it fixed.
. Pls cityNG wot exactly do u mean by gas mileage sir? thnk u sir
Re: What's D Effect Of Dis In My Car by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 12, 2014
charly24:
. Pls cityNG wot exactly do u mean by gas mileage sir? thnk u sir

You'll be using more gas than necessary due to this your high idle speed.

The only designed way for air to enter the engine is through the air filter and then via the MAF (or facsimile thereof). This air is measured and then the appropriate amount of gasoline is added by the ECU.

What's happening now is that the engine is getting an unmetered amount of air so your air/fuel mixture is all whacked out.
Re: What's D Effect Of Dis In My Car by charly24: 11:23pm On Oct 12, 2014
CityNG:

You'll be using more gas than necessary due to this your high idle speed.

The only designed way for air to enter the engine is through the air filter and then via the MAF (or facsimile thereof). This air is measured and then the appropriate amount of gasoline is added by the ECU.

What's happening now is that the engine is getting an unmetered amount of air so your air/fuel mixture is all whacked out.
Re: What's D Effect Of Dis In My Car by charly24: 11:27pm On Oct 12, 2014
Thank u sir I notice my fuel consumtion was high for like 2 days now so I need to change dat air pipe Soo SHARPlY sir thanks a lot so I hope my fuel consumption will become norma when fixed sir ?
Re: What's D Effect Of Dis In My Car by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
charly24:
Thank u sir I notice my fuel consumtion was high for like 2 days now so I need to change dat air pipe Soo SHARPlY sir thanks a lot so I hope my fuel consumption will become norma when fixed sir ?

If there is no other issue.

Once you resolve this issue find a friend with a code reader and scan your vehicle if appropriate, not sure of the year again.

Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Wobbly Toyota Corolla 03 / Ideal Car Tyre In Nigeria Market / Experienced Nissan Maxima Automechanic Needed- Car Given Out Various Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.