Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,384 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? (4236 Views)

Pencil Light Camry: Preventing Mechanic Theft And Other Stories / Pls How Much Is Complete Gearbox For Tiny Light Camry? / Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by charly24: 3:15am On Oct 31, 2014
Pls gURUS in d house what's d use of this auto cruise botton close to my steering wheel meant for in the car reali want to knw. THANKS
Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by derrick333(m): 3:49am On Oct 31, 2014
charly24:
Pls gURUS in d house what's d use of this auto cruise botton close to my steering wheel meant for in the car reali want to knw. THANKS
I tink it makes d steerin light n turn 360,I always lik 2drive with the cruise on ,but u v 2turn it on , anitym u on ur ignition
Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by Nobody: 3:51am On Oct 31, 2014
charly24:

Please post a pic.

I don't know what tiny light is but I think you are talking about the master cruise control switch.

derrick333:

I tink it makes d steerin light n turn 360,I always lik 2drive with the cruise on ,but u v 2turn it on , anitym u on ur ignition

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by derrick333(m): 4:01am On Oct 31, 2014
[quote author=CityNG post=27598073
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked[/quote]

Y u de shine ur eyez lik dat Dat wat I tink,mayb daybreak I go try am,but anitim I put my own4cruise ,d steerin de turn wela ,

1 Like

Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by Nobody: 4:15am On Oct 31, 2014
derrick333:
Y u de shine ur eyez lik dat Dat wat I tink,mayb daybreak I go try am,but anitim I put my own4cruise ,d steerin de turn wela ,

No mind me, na dis burukutu wey I dey drink dey make me act somehow.

Carry on.

6 Likes

Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:17am On Oct 31, 2014
derrick333:

You didn't notice the car also moves faster when you press the button? tongue

2 Likes

Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:18am On Oct 31, 2014
charly24:

Check your manual.

1 Like

Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by derrick333(m): 5:22am On Oct 31, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

You didn't notice the car also moves faster when you press the button? tongue
Doesit ?? Me no notice o ,but r u serious?cus Nlders cn joke
Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:25am On Oct 31, 2014
derrick333:

Doesit ?? Me no notice o ,but r u serious?cus Nlders cn joke

Press it and check, let me know how it goes.
Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by derrick333(m): 5:27am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

No mind me, na dis burukutu wey I dey drink dey make me act somehow.

Carry on.
Ah!! Fear catch me o,u beta reduce ur intake of burukutu ,you no c say d num of letter "U" way de am 2much? U wan kill ursef by ursef?
Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by derrick333(m): 5:28am On Oct 31, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Press it and check, let me know how it goes.
Ok brooo
Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by Nobody: 5:33am On Oct 31, 2014
It'll be a fng hoot if previous owner had a nitrous oxide system installed and the cruise switch is the activator.

1 Like

Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by oblo(m): 5:37am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:
It'll be a fng hoot if previous owner had a nitrous oxide system installed and the cruise switch is the activator.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 31, 2014
Na wao! Oyinbo really studied Nigerians wella. That's why they concluded, "if you don't want a Nigerian to understand an info, make it written".

Ignorance is NOT bliss!

2 Likes

Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by Hardheolar(m): 7:27am On Oct 31, 2014
It automatically controls the speed of a
motor vehicle. The system takes over the throttle
of the car to maintain a steady speed as set by
the driver. I.e u dont need to press the throttle once its activated. . pressing d throttle will deactivate d cruise .
Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by lonelydora: 7:36am On Oct 31, 2014
charly24:
Are you sure you are ready to own a car?

derrick333:

Are you serious? Tell me something. Is your manual from Mars?

My 2 cent advice, don't ALWAYS drive with your cruise on.

1 Like

Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by Exponental(m): 7:36am On Oct 31, 2014
Used to maintain speed.
google it....
Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by derrick333(m): 7:44am On Oct 31, 2014
lonelydora:

Are you sure you are ready to own a car?

Are you serious? Tell me something. Is your manual from Mars?

My 2 cent advice, don't ALWAYS drive with your cruise on.
I dnt read mannual b4drivin, I drov 4rm home to ofice dis mor-mor wit my cruise on
Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 31, 2014
derrick333:

I dnt read mannual b4drivin, I drov 4rm home to ofice dis mor-mor wit my cruise on

"if you don't want a Nigerian to understand an info, make it written".
Ignorance is NO longer bliss!

3 Likes

Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by Tobiizzy(m): 9:09am On Oct 31, 2014
grin Na wa o, OP just Google cruise control

2 Likes

Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 31, 2014
No offence pls,

charly24:

^^^ One blind man,

derrick333:

Being led by another blind man.

This is epic!

8 Likes

Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by mayor2013: 9:25am On Oct 31, 2014
Hardheolar:
the driver. I.e u dont need to press the throttle once its activated. . pressing d throttle will deactivate d cruise .

You are 100% correct. Its a temporary substitute for your throttle pedal to maintain a particular speed either by taping the + sign to increase acceleration or - sign to decelerate
Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 31, 2014
Hardheolar:

@ bolded, that's wrong. Depressing the throttle will make the vehicle go faster, but when the foot is taken off the throttle, the car will go back to its programmed speed set. However, if you depress the brake, it will de-activate the speed setting but the set speed program will still be stored in the computer unless you slow down beyond a particular speed say 30km/hr. As long as you're still above the lowest set speed threshold, all you need to do to gain the pre set speed is to touch/push the lever towards the accelerate direction. But if you decelerate below the lowest cruise speed threshold, the system will erase your programmed set speed input.
Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 31, 2014
lomomike:

@ bolded, that's wrong. Depressing the throttle will make the vehicle go faster, but when the foot is taken off the throttle, the car will go back to its programmed speed set. However, if you depress the brake, it will de-activate the speed setting but the set speed program will still be stored in the computer unless you slow down beyond a particular speed say 30km/hr. As long as you're still above the lowest set speed threshold, all you need to do to gain the pre set speed is to touch/push the lever towards the accelerate direction. But if you decelerate below the lowest cruise speed threshold, the system will erase your programmed set speed input.

True.

I typically set my cruise to 5 over the speed limit on the highway. And then use the gas pedal to keep up with traffic, so when I see popo I can lift and the car will settle into the speed limit.
Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

True.

I typically set my cruise to 5 over the speed limit on the highway. And then use the gas pedal to keep up with traffic, so when I see popo I can lift and the car will settle into the speed limit.

Looks like you've found a way to beat those speed limit detection and enforcement devices and officials eh! grin

1 Like

Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by timbros(m): 11:52am On Oct 31, 2014
derrick333:

Its not activated yet bro.

Just pressing the cruise button doesn't activate it. But you still need to push the handle up (I.e +) before it activates.

So you see 'cruise' on your dashboard and you feel you're on auto cruise already?

And what's this connecting auto cruise and steering? Hmmnn...
Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by uwemjack(m): 11:58am On Oct 31, 2014
derrick333:

shocked shocked shocked

are you for real?

1 Like

Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by nurey(m): 12:18pm On Oct 31, 2014
I normally use the cruise control on my toyota sienna 2000 model, it is especially good when on the express and you want to maintain a certain speed limit.

I just press the button and the cruise switches on and drag the handle down once I have reached the certain speed I want and the car accelerates itself. Once I depress the break the cruise stops accelerating and I start losing speed.
But I guess cruise control works differently among model years and manufacturers.
Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 31, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Check your manual.
have you seen a Tiny Light with an Owners Manual

1 Like

Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2014
Bossforeva:
have you seen a Tiny Light with an Owners Manual

you can download a copy.

Just like I did wink
Re: What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? by derrick333(m): 6:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
timbros:

Its not activated yet bro.

Just pressing the cruise button doesn't activate it. But you still need to push the handle up (I.e +) before it activates.

So you see 'cruise' on your dashboard and you feel you're on auto cruise already?

And what's this connecting auto cruise and steering? Hmmnn...
So after pressin d cruise ,n it appear on my dashboard ,I wil still v 2press Anoda tin? lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Verify Your Driver's Licence Online / Views On Nissan Primera P11-144 / Recommend Your Mechanic, Auto Parts Dealer Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.