Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,660 members, 7,809,494 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

12 Golden Rules Of Football When We Were Growing Up - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 12 Golden Rules Of Football When We Were Growing Up (1130 Views)

14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! / Victor Moses Was Playing Football When He Heard His Parents Had Been Murdered .. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Golden Rules Of Football When We Were Growing Up by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:17pm On Oct 13, 2014
Lets lighten up our mood a bit, if you grew up in Nigeria in the 1980s and 1990s. You ll v fond memories of this. Its the 12 Golden Rules Of Football When We Were Growing Up.
Life was filled with raw fun back then... Not the animated fun that's found in computer games, mobile phones, social sites etc. Guys & girls enjoy their leisure time through activities like street football.

Those rules are:

1. The fat kid was always the goalkeeper
2. The owner of the ball decides who plays. (I do this wella)
3. Penalties are awarded only if injured player curses or gets injured a lot.
4. The match only ends when everyone was tired. (This happens a lot during evening football dribble (Ege Irole) where we ll dribble each other till we get so tired
5. No matter how many goals you score, the winner will be determined by the last team to score. (This happens when last to score is declared)
6. No referee and lines men. You could run with the ball even behind the goal post.
7. If you don't participate in repairing the ball you were given a match ban
8. If you're picked last, you're a loser or probably because you don't know how to play ball.
9. The guy who's never picked was to fetch the ball from under a tree, when it got stuck under a car or tunnel to play in the next game.
10. When the owner of the ball gets annoyed, game over.
11. You were allowed to change a goalkeeper in case of a penalty. (I do this a lot)
12. The most skillful player get automatic selection. (That's Tope. He's our best goalscorer)
Last Bullet
Add yours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Golden Rules Of Football When We Were Growing Up by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 13, 2014
I don't play ball but my head doesn't miss the headache that accompanies the landing of Kaka ball ön my head whenever I walk pass where they're playing ball embarassed

1 Like

Re: 12 Golden Rules Of Football When We Were Growing Up by 3coins(m): 2:28pm On Oct 13, 2014
game is over when we hear dad's horn

2 Likes

Re: 12 Golden Rules Of Football When We Were Growing Up by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
Odilafta:
Ah!
Odilafta, you don Komot ya status again
3coins:
game is over when we hear dad's horn
Yes O!
Re: 12 Golden Rules Of Football When We Were Growing Up by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
Ah!
Odilafta, you don Komot ya status again

Yes O!

It's for security reasons grin

1 Like

Re: 12 Golden Rules Of Football When We Were Growing Up by rawpadgin(m): 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2014
if u are putting on a boot u will definitely not be allowed to play, mostly when others are on bare foot grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 12 Golden Rules Of Football When We Were Growing Up by 3coins(m): 2:40pm On Oct 13, 2014
rawpadgin:
if u are putting on a boot u will definitely not be allowed to play, mostly when others are on bare foot grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: 12 Golden Rules Of Football When We Were Growing Up by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:46pm On Oct 13, 2014
Odilafta:

It's for security reasons grin
lol, lmao, rotfl&joo@TBS!
Re: 12 Golden Rules Of Football When We Were Growing Up by naso2(m): 3:36pm On Oct 13, 2014
remember

"burst and pay" ---- if you kick ball and nail shook am, you must buy new ball

2 Likes

Re: 12 Golden Rules Of Football When We Were Growing Up by xtervaganza(m): 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2014
Kick the ball into your crazy neighbors Compound and its game OVER

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Do You Acredit To Be The Man Of The Match Against Man U Vs Chelsea / Live Pictures From Glo Caf Awards 2014 / Funny:one Of The Funniest Moment In Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.