Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,143 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 - Jobs/Vacancies (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 (227524 Views)

INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2014/2015 Is Out / Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by faith2ogesco(m): 8:48am On Feb 18, 2015
prelinctus:

Honestly, I don't know why people can't read correctly. I don't care whether his classmate was taken or not. My point is that the ecruitment programme was suspended indefinitely.
so how was d dude taken
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by prelinctus: 8:58am On Feb 18, 2015
faith2ogesco:
so how was d dude taken
Graduate recruitment programme is not the only way to get into a company, in case you don't know.
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by wonda26(m): 10:38am On Feb 18, 2015
undecided
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by wonda26(m): 10:40am On Feb 18, 2015
Na wa o.... I nor talk again.

How can someone get a job from same recruitment process that was 'suspended'?

I specifically stated in my comment that it was that same recruitment. And u say na you sabi read correctly.

Well, everyone is entitled to believe what he feels like.

Dey there dey speak oyibo. Read correctly crap.
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by prelinctus: 11:59am On Feb 18, 2015
Prove that it was that same recruitment to make your argument a bit cogent.
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by ilori1930(m): 1:08pm On Feb 18, 2015
prelinctus:
Prove that it was that same recruitment to make your argument a bit cogent.
And what proof do want? Did you prove that the process was suspended? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by prelinctus: 2:52pm On Feb 18, 2015
ilori1930:

I don't need to because he never argued otherwise. He even corroborated it.
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by kolinsteroy: 3:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
Please, Please, Please!!!....
You people should not just start on this thread. Each time I see new posts here, I always feel it's some useful info.
I beg una, this thread is for useful info only!! Thank you.
In other news, I gathered from a reliable Dragnet source that the main delay "was" caused by election. That was before
it was postponed sha. I don't know if that's what they are still waiting for.

1 Like

Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by wonda26(m): 4:02pm On Feb 18, 2015
ilori1930:

Just leave that guy. Na English he dey speak.
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by wonda26(m): 4:10pm On Feb 18, 2015
ilori1930:

You didn't receive further mail after that chevron test doesn't mean 'no one' received. I can't remember where they said they have suspended it. Take it or leave it. Someone I know personally was recruited from that test. I wrote that test too. I didn't hear anything from them again. If you are waiting for proof, plz, keep waiting.... I dey come.

Meanwhile, I just received my nnpc exam success text. Hope them dey serious sha. Make everyone for hia collect 1 bottle each on my order grin grin. God be praised. Those that didn't hear from them can say it has been suspended indefinitely... Na the way....

1 Like

Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by faith2ogesco(m): 9:14pm On Feb 18, 2015
wonda26:

You didn't receive further mail after that chevron test doesn't mean 'no one' received. I can't remember where they said they have suspended it. Take it or leave it. Someone I know personally was recruited from that test. I wrote that test too. I didn't hear anything from them again. If you are waiting for proof, plz, keep waiting.... I dey come.goodluck..dis means u can leave dis one for us na grin.lol abeg i dey joke o

Meanwhile, I just received my nnpc exam success text. Hope them dey serious sha. Make everyone for hia collect 1 bottle each on my order grin grin. God be praised. Those that didn't hear from them can say it has been suspended indefinitely... Na the way....
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by shopyboy(m): 12:42pm On Feb 19, 2015
FYI
A reply to a mail i sent to an HR personnel in Chevron a while back
wonda26:

You didn't receive further mail after that chevron test doesn't mean 'no one' received. I can't remember where they said they have suspended it. Take it or leave it. Someone I know personally was recruited from that test. I wrote that test too. I didn't hear anything from them again. If you are waiting for proof, plz, keep waiting.... I dey come.

Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by faith2ogesco(m): 12:47pm On Feb 19, 2015
wonda26:

bro congrats.den u go shun dis one for us na grin.i dey joke o
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by magicsprings2: 12:52pm On Feb 19, 2015
The recruitment exercise was suspended indefinitely. I wrote the skills test for Earth Scientist position. I have contacted everyone else (directly or indirectly) who wrote that same exam (we were about 30) and no one has heard from them since. I even met one of Chevron's HR representative at a conference in Lagos and he confirmed that the exercise has been suspended although he declined to give reasons. If your classmate got into chwvron, good luck to him. There are many other ways in Nigeria to join a company. Let us leave Chevron and focus on Oando.
prelinctus:

Honestly, I don't know why people can't read correctly. I don't care whether his classmate was taken or not. My point is that the recruitment programme was suspended indefinitely.
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by wonda26(m): 1:02pm On Feb 19, 2015
Na 2013 Chevron graduate trainee test I meant.

Anyway, moving on.... Any latest news from Oando?
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by wonda26(m): 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2015
faith2ogesco:
bro congrats.den u go shun dis one for us na grin.i dey joke o
Make we start to count all the places ur sign post dey? grin grin

NNPC is try ur luck, everybody. undecided
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by Eruditor: 1:45pm On Feb 19, 2015
I usually would steer clear off this but because of the brouhaha with respect to the Chevron 2013 recruitment process, I have decided to throw in a thing or 2.

First and Foremost, that process was NOT suspended. Chevron had already done a 2012 GT recruitment for Facilities, Earth Scientists, IT and Petroleum Engineering Positions to which all such vacancies were filled. For some strange reason they threw open another advert for Petroleum engineering and Earth Scientist positions again in 2013 which should usually not be the case. I don't know much about the latter but WRT the former I have solid information stating that they had only 4 slots for that position (maybe as a result of a few people who turned down the offer in late 2012 or due to a few retirements or movements within their corporate structure).

Be that as it may, they indeed went beyond the Dragnet stage and even the skilltest but they terminated the process at that point and did it in-house. This is just a euphemism for saying they "runzed it". I will not tell you how sure I am beyond saying just like Wonda26, I too know someone who got recruited via that process in 2013.

If your source didn't let you know that 4 people were employed in 2013 for that vacancy, then I make bold to say that your source is not high enough. And about the argument that people could get into Chevron via different means is moot as Chevron have only ONE way of recruiting GTs, which I believe is the subject of discussion. Also that email that was snapped and uploaded here was addressing the earth scientist position and is also a lie if you ask me. I mean, did you really think they were going to tell you they did it in-house?

As per Oando, you guys should be patient as they will not suspend the process indefinitely. I can see there are alot of application-neophytes on this thread and this can be corroborated by the "age-embargo" Oando placed. Recruitment processes don't happen as briskly as y'all would want it to be. Don't be misled by how quickly Dragnet and SHL responded. There would still be an Assessment centre before the Medicals and Offer letter issuance.

The vulture is a patient bird.
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by prelinctus: 2:53pm On Feb 19, 2015
@eruditor and wonda26, nobody is talking about 2012 facilities engineering recruitment. The 2013 graduate recruitment was for petroleum engineering and earth scientist position. And I reiterate, the recruitment was suspended. Someone has provided some proof yet you are looking for ways to prove your point based on hearsay. About those four positions you were talking about, let me now inform you that it wasn't even 4, it was actually 2. And nobody 'runzed' anything. There are different ways to get into chevron.
@shopyboy, thanks for providing proof to these doubters.
@magicsprings2, I believe you wanted to quoted wonda26, not me. Thanks though.
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by Eruditor: 3:49pm On Feb 19, 2015
^^^

Spoken as a Neophyte: A lot of hot air, conjectures and emotions. Let us put your (il)logic to the test.

1. How would you know if the process continued or not?
a) will Chevron send each unsuccessful candidate a mail?
b) will all successful candidates voice out that they were successful?

If a) was to be the case (which it isn't!) One could still argue that following the interviews, Chevron equally terminated the process.

If b) was to be the case, you'd have to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that for all recruitment processes on-going in Nigeria, there has always been at least one person who came to NL to broadcast his/her apparent success.

Neither is the case.

2. Your "source" told you the process was discontinued.

a) Is your source the repertoire of Chevron- recruitment knowledge?
b) if a) above is true, then he/she should have been powerful enough to get you in, the way the people I and Wonda26 know, got in or nah?

So your source too could equally be a fugazi, who passed generic and uncooked information to you, to placate your job-hunting miseries.

As per 4 slots or 2, I won't even condescend to engage you in another drivel on which information makes any iota of sense. Oh, you expected Chevron to select 2 candidates from say approximately 100 that wrote the skilltest? Even if they shortlisted only 10% of the above estimate for the interview, it still won't make any sense to spend that time and money for just 2 slots. I am sure you are catching my drift by now.

There is an open and shut way to solve this issue. I project there would be another recruitment for Chevron this year, and if your conjectures are worth their salt, Chevron will simply "continue with the suspended process" instead of re-introducing a new advert. I am not God, but I wager that that would not be the case.

NB: You kept making reference to 2012 recruitment as though that is what is being discussed and also talking about different ways to get into Chevron- nobody is arguing that. However there is ONLY ONE way to get into Chevron as a GT and I stand corrected. I will give unsolicited advice now by telling you to read between the lines and not between the spaces between the words.

Ironic, but sometimes the advice we so willingly want to give, is the one we are so direly in need of, however non-cognizant of it. You can make of that what you will.

My last post on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by faith2ogesco(m): 6:04pm On Feb 19, 2015
Eruditor:
^^^

Spoken as a Neophyte: A lot of hot conjectures and emotions. Let us put your (il)logic to the test.

If a) was to be the case (which it isn't!) One could still argue that following the interviews, Chevron equally terminated the process.

If b) was to be the case, you'd have to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that for all recruitment processes on-going in Nigeria, there has always been at least one person who came to NL to broadcast his/her apparent success.

Neither is the case.

b) if a) above is true, then he/she should have been powerful enough to get you in, the way the people I and Wonda26 know, got in or nah?

So your source too could equally be a fugazi, who passed generic and uncooked information to you, to placate your job-hunting miseries.

As per 4 slots or 2, I won't even condescend to engage you in another drivel on which information makes any iota of sense. Oh, you expected Chevron to select 2 candidates from say approximately 100 that wrote the skilltest? Even if they shortlisted only 10% of the above estimate for the interview, it still won't make any sense to spend that time and money for just 2 slots. I am sure you are catching my drift by now.

There is an open and shut way to solve this issue. I project there would be another recruitment for Chevron this year, and if your conjectures are worth their salt, Chevron will simply "continue with the suspended process" instead of re-introducing a new advert. I am not God, but I wager that that would not be the case.

NB: You kept making reference to 2012 recruitment as though that is what is being discussed and also talking about different ways to get into Chevron- nobody is arguing that. However there is ONLY ONE way to get into Chevron as a GT and I stand corrected. I will give unsolicited advice now by telling you to read between the lines and not between the spaces between the words.

Ironic, but sometimes the advice we so willingly want to give, is the one we are so direly in need of, however non-cognizant of it. You can make of that what you will.

My last post on this thread.
oya it hav do brethen... Shooo. As for d age embargo, dey were specific so it doesnt matter if u ve passed it as far as u were dat age b4 31st dec... Leavee chevron alone abeg na oando we dey
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by faith2ogesco(m): 6:05pm On Feb 19, 2015
wonda26:

Make we start to count all the places ur sign post dey? grin grin

NNPC is try ur luck, everybody. undecided
me dey count ur own too oh. grin grin .i dey fear i and 2oda guys here.... Make i no open deir nyash b4 dem face me grin
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by wonda26(m): 6:23pm On Feb 19, 2015
faith2ogesco:
me dey count ur own too oh. grin grin .i dey fear i and 2oda guys here.... Make i no open deir nyash b4 dem face me grin

All I can tell you is value and manage that ur LOAVES ooo. And release the other's loaves u guys at HO held hostage. tongue
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by faith2ogesco(m): 6:23am On Feb 20, 2015
wonda26:

All I can tell you is value and manage that ur LOAVES ooo. And release the other's loaves u guys at HO held hostage. tongue
Hehehe.. Wait o i even forget to count u ooo. Dats makes us four from dere still here...
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by faith2ogesco(m): 6:25am On Feb 20, 2015
[quote authtor post=30883552]^^^

Spoken as a Neophyte: A lot of hot air, conjectures and emotions. Let us put your (il)logic to the test.

Neither is the case.

My last post on this thread.[/quote]i had to chk d meaning of neophyte grin. Boyz dey blow grammar sha
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by laoma4u: 9:21am On Feb 20, 2015
faith2ogesco:
i had to chk d meaning of neophyte grin. Boyz dey blow grammar sha

As in ehn... Fear catch me sef oooh.... I just quietly go check dictionary...

Broses, i hail oooh
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by faith2ogesco(m): 7:07pm On Feb 26, 2015
Jux thinking out loud.... If apc win it favours us... So who re u voting guys... I think i jux rose a delicate topic....
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by Ayodbrabo(m): 12:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
faith2ogesco:
Jux thinking out loud.... If apc win it favours us... So who re u voting guys... I think i jux rose a delicate topic....
u re unaware of the facts. If APC wins, Niger Delta Youth might start bursting pipe lines again and this is our ultimate enemy
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by faith2ogesco(m): 3:54pm On Feb 27, 2015
Ayodbrabo:

u re unaware of the facts. If APC wins, Niger Delta Youth might start bursting pipe lines again and this is our ultimate enemy
see y i sd its a delicate topic? cheesy
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by thelifechangers: 12:01am On Mar 05, 2015
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by faith2ogesco(m): 9:09am On Mar 07, 2015
Dis silence sha is deafening.....
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by magicsprings2: 5:00am On Mar 08, 2015
Guys are in hibernation mode, waiting for news. At the first message, the room will roar back to life.
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by jamanuka: 3:10pm On Mar 12, 2015
Oando folks...This might raise hope

http://www.cnbcafrica.com/tv/cnbc-africa-live/

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (57) (Reply)

WHYTE CLEON Aptitude Test And Interview / Internships and Entry Level jobs In Nigeria / WAEC Recruitment Aptitude Test Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.