Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,837 members, 7,956,159 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:08 AM

Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... (4757 Views)

I Need A Bulk Sms Site Dat Is Cheap / Apply For Wordpress Website Designing Payment Is Cheap But Work Is Constant / Cheap Website Designer Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by CreativeWeb2: 9:07pm On Oct 30, 2014
You guys have not made any valid points. Do you merely design websites for profits? What of those that build robust themes and plugins for free.

Here are my points:
1. It's foolishness reinventing the wheel. Like dumping jquery and doing your own custom js library.

2. Custom web application is not a rocket science. I am a guru in html5, css3, php and mysql. I can spin any custom web application.

3. Custom web app takes time to build if u ar working alone and it's costly.

4. 99% of clients ar not ready to wait for 3 months for an ecommerce website and they ar not ready to pay 2000 USD.

5. If you know html, css, php,etc, it wil be good to master one cms like wordpress and one framework like codeigniter. They will make ur life easier. U can build a robust application in 3 days and at a cheaper rate. The client wil be satisfied and on budget and u wil be happy also.

Finally, no web developer in Nigeria can do a custom website 100%. We all use jquery. We all use images from google.

2 Likes

Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by CreativeWeb2: 9:20pm On Oct 30, 2014
I can dive into style.css and functions.php of any wordpress theme and fork it around and turn it into something else. I can code a custom wordpress theme if the client wants that and he's ready to pay. But even if I collect 5k from him for a custom wp theme, it's nobody's business. What matters is delivery. If a web designer cannot deliver what he promised to deliver, then how much he charged will not matter. What wil matter is his integrity and competence. Someone can charge you 1000 USD and deliver a crap to you while another will charge you 1000 Naira and deliver excellence to you.

I dont blame all of you agitating for 'build it from scratch.' I was in ur shoes some years back. Now, i know better. Instead of campaigning for build it from scratch, I now buy a wp theme for 50 USD (8500 Naira) and customize it. And collect 20k or 30k from a client who just needs a website for his business.
Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by ediko5(m): 8:07am On Oct 31, 2014
CreativeWeb2:
I can dive into style.css and functions.php of any wordpress theme and fork it around and turn it into something else. I can code a custom wordpress theme if the client wants that and he's ready to pay. But even if I collect 5k from him for a custom wp theme, it's nobody's business. What matters is delivery. If a web designer cannot deliver what he promised to deliver, then how much he charged will not matter. What wil matter is his integrity and competence. Someone can charge you 1000 USD and deliver a crap to you while another will charge you 1000 Naira and deliver excellence to you.

You can go ahead and charge 3k for a professional website design if you care but i want you to know that a road side bricklayer is better than you cos they charge higher than your web design jobs.
even if you use CMS or any other platform, that does not mean you should make the professional look cheap before a novice. people now say "website na website" just like someone will say "car na car" and you feel you can buy a prado jeep for 500k simply because a golf is sold at that amount.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by banishanes(m): 8:39am On Oct 31, 2014
Call Letter for Aptitude Test: Call letters indicating date, time & venue of Aptitude Test are being dispatched to the Shortlisted 14819 Candidates individually through SPEED POST. Facility of downloading duplicate call-letter may also be available in RRB Bhubaneswar website. However, who do not receive call-letter in time may reach the venue on the date specified along with downloaded call-letter and counter foil of the call-letter of Written test & a valid photo ID card (Voter card, Aadhar Card, PAN card, Passport, Driving License) for appearing the test… http://exam-result.trendgangsta.com/
Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by elitewebdesign(m): 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
All of you guys who made comments on this thread really made good points. but one thing is certain when you are to design a website for a client; some clients are not willing to pay for high quality service. i have seen some cases whereby you a client asked a freelancer to build a website for him and the developer charged him reasonable amount, but the man went and had a deal with a new developer who did the project for him with cheap rate, and the work was poorly done for him.
so, what am i saying? The more you choose to maintain your pricing standard, the more you lose some clients.
In my own perspective, if a client wants you to design a website for him or her, let him/her know the good service that you are rendering, and tell him/her the truth, and the benefit having a good website. but if the client chooses to go for cheap project, you can do it for him or her.
that is my own little contribution.
Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by CreativeWeb2: 2:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
ediko5:

You can go ahead and charge 3k for a professional website design if you care but i want you to know that a road side bricklayer is better than you cos they charge higher than your web design jobs.
even if you use CMS or any other platform, that does not mean you should make the professional look cheap before a novice. people now say "website na website" just like someone will say "car na car" and you feel you can buy a prado jeep for 500k simply because a golf is sold at that amount.

So if Toyota decides to start selling Highlander for 300k, will Honda sue them?
Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by CreativeWeb2: 2:16pm On Oct 31, 2014
[quote
author=ediko5 post=27600941]

You can go ahead and charge 3k for a professional website design if you
care but i want you to know that a road side bricklayer is better than
you cos they charge higher than your web design jobs.
even if you use CMS or any other platform, that does not mean you should
make the professional look cheap before a novice. people now say
"website na website" just like someone will say "car na car" and you
feel you can buy a prado jeep for 500k simply because a golf is sold at
that amount.

[/quote]

Again, I wonder why you are making hell of a noise but your website is
just a free html template from: http://w3layouts.com
Why didn't you code it from scratch?
And so many other crap you have there as your works.
If you build any of the websites for more than 10k, pls you need to refund
the person.
Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by CreativeWeb2: 4:31pm On Oct 31, 2014
ediko5:

www.eandetechnologies.com = http://w3layouts.com/demos/skokov/web/
Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by ZinoFego: 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
Hey bro,

I'm objective here, hope you'll see it as such. Here are a quick fixes on your website http://www.eandetechnologies.com/index.html

1. Your Logo is very poor.
2. The animation on the homepage appears not properly done.
3. The Portfolio section on the homepage is clustered. Not very friendly to the eye.

You may have a look at these portfolios.
http://www.joomlaextended.com/index.php/website-portfolio
http://www.greenmousetech.com/websites.html
http://www.greenmousetech.com/

As a website developer, a fellow website developer should look at your website and will be willing to do business with you.

Thank you.

ediko5:

1 Like

Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by designexploit(m): 3:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD ABOUT WYSIWYG 10 WEBSITE BUILDER?
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT?

http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/
Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by directonpc(m): 3:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
CreativeWeb2:
You guys have not made any valid points. Do you merely design websites for profits? What of those that build robust themes and plugins for free.

Here are my points:
1. It's foolishness reinventing the wheel. Like dumping jquery and doing your own custom js library.

2. Custom web application is not a rocket science. I am a guru in html5, css3, php and mysql. I can spin any custom web application.

3. Custom web app takes time to build if u ar working alone and it's costly.

4. 99% of clients ar not ready to wait for 3 months for an ecommerce website and they ar not ready to pay 2000 USD.

5. If you know html, css, php,etc, it wil be good to master one cms like wordpress and one framework like codeigniter. They will make ur life easier. U can build a robust application in 3 days and at a cheaper rate. The client wil be satisfied and on budget and u wil be happy also.

Finally, no web developer in Nigeria can do a custom website 100%. We all use jquery. We all use images from google.
You funny sha! So to use jquery and images makes ur work a cms and not custom? Chai

1 Like

Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by noob03saibot(m): 2:35pm On Oct 15, 2019
ediko5:

dude, if I may ask, please how much would you suggest a cms guru should charge per job he takes? Please also put domain name purchasing and web hosting into consideration. Please, I mean no offense
Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by ediko5(m): 6:39pm On Oct 15, 2019
noob03saibot:
dude, if I may ask, please how much would you suggest a cms guru should charge per job he takes? Please also put domain name purchasing and web hosting into consideration. Please, I mean no offense

It all depends on the kind of CMS job.

Does it require purchase of premium theme and plugins?

I've but a WordPress site where we spend almost 80k for purchase of theme and plugins

If it's 100% free theme an plugins then 30k is fine for a business website.
Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by noob03saibot(m): 8:30pm On Oct 15, 2019
ediko5:

It all depends on the kind of CMS job.

Does it require purchase of premium theme and plugins?

I've but a WordPress site where we spend almost 80k for purchase of theme and plugins

If it's 100% free theme an plugins then 30k is fine for a business website.
thanks for the response. The thing is am not designing yet, about to to start teaching myself with WordPress. But 30k, I am abit worried, will that include domain name from a register and webhost from a foreign registrar and web host company like bluehost and Co, or from a Nigerian company?
Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by ediko5(m): 8:52pm On Oct 15, 2019
noob03saibot:
thanks for the response. The thing is am not designing yet, about to to start teaching myself with WordPress. But 30k, I am abit worried, will that include domain name from a register and webhost from a foreign registrar and web host company like bluehost and Co, or from a Nigerian company?

I used a local host price for 30k.
Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by noob03saibot(m): 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2019
ediko5:

I used a local host price for 30k.
please could you suggest one, the one you use.
Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by ediko5(m): 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2019
noob03saibot:
please could you suggest one, the one you use.

I've used 5 Nigerian hosting company but the best is Qservers.

Sign-up using my referral link:

https://www.qservers.net/process/?aff=1481
Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by ediko5(m): 9:09pm On Oct 15, 2019
noob03saibot:

Do you have the resources to teach yourself?

Contact via WhatsApp to get materials free.

See my signature for my contact.
Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by noob03saibot(m): 5:37am On Oct 16, 2019
ediko5:

Do you have the resources to teach yourself?

Contact via WhatsApp to get materials free.

See my signature for my contact.
thanks. Been using YouTube videos, infact I download tutorial videos from there and they have been helpful so far. But if I run into any complication would hit you up. Thanks again.
Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by noob03saibot(m): 5:38am On Oct 16, 2019
ediko5:

I've used 5 Nigerian hosting company but the best is Qservers.

Sign-up using my referral link:

https://www.qservers.net/process/?aff=1481
no worries, will use it when am ready sir.
Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by Didijiji: 6:22am On Oct 16, 2019
I know of a payment gateway that gives you amazing benefits either as the site owner or the developer.

There is something for everyone. And guess what?

Gateway is dope!!!!
Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by scamalerter: 6:30am On Nov 14, 2020
I just found the best company does amazing website designs in Nigeria.

The have already-made and already built websites, you just have to pick the web designs suitable for your brand, with little changes, you'll have your website ready.

Very affordable in prices. Visit www.finefinethings.com.ng
Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by baratech: 10:09pm On Dec 05, 2020
Take your business online! Any type of website you need:
✅ Company Website
✅ School Website
✅ Courier Website
✅ Agro/Food Website
✅ Any type of Blog site (start your own blog, and start making money).

I also offer bulk email and bulk sms services.

Call/Whatsapp: 08117506291
Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by namo77: 11:17am On Jan 12, 2021
Any type of website you need, contact this guys... They're the best.... And they treat you and talk to you with so much patience, calmness and understanding... They don't charge much, but you're get a very good website...

Check the image for their contacts
Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by Pelicanmedia: 2:40pm On Oct 02, 2021
Looking For Website Designer? - Cheap Website In Port Harcourt

https://www.pelicanmedia.com.ng
Most affordable professional website developers in Port Harcourt. Get upto 50 percent discount on all our website design offer in Port Harcourt. Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Website Designers in PH. Mobile App Developers PH. Software Developers PH.
Re: Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... by dayssolalee(m): 9:56am On Jan 31, 2023
Are you looking for a good website designer? Look no further for your Custom Website Design & Development Services, we will give the best Price for your business website development in Nigeria

SEO Optimized Website
Responsive Website Design
A Year Cloud Hosting Service
A Year Domain Payment
Ecommerce Web Design
Custom Web Design

https://ola.com.ng/product/website-design-and-development-services-silver-package/

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Does Your SEO Effort Start Working? / How Much Will It Cost To Have Something Like This? / Is Web4africa.ng Or .net A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.