Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 (5511 Views)

Ten Books You Should Read Before You Leave This Earth / Zuckerberg, Read These 10 Books First(5."things Fall Apart," By Chinua Achebe.) / The Economic Importance Of Exam Malpractice: A Must-read Before Your Next Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by typearls(f): 5:49am On Oct 14, 2014
1. The Bible: Finding God and purpose to life

This age- defying book apart from giving spiritual and life's guidelines to a man, also helps in quenching his thirst for knowledge, explain mysteries, and help man in his search For God. It is true of this passage, Psalm 119: 105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path".

2.The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change – Stephen. R. Covey

If you desire change, want to lead the life of a suceesful and effective individual, the book is a proven for those who have read, it works everytime, it has loads of insightful knowledge about leadrship, effective living and inspiration.

3.Think and Grow Rich: Motivation and self development – Napoleon Hill

Think and grow rich is the most important financial book ever written,The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE.

.Wishing will not bring riches," Hill writes. "But desiring riches with a state of mind that becomes an obsession, then planning definite ways and means to acquire riches, and backing those plans with persistence which does not recognize failure, will bring riches."

4. Purpose Driven Life- Rick Warren

This is the book that actually spurred my reading motivational books after listening to Pastor Sam Adeyemi preached about it , Though I have read other books such as the Richest man in Babylon( Napoleon Hill), Rich Dad, Poor Dad (Robert Kiyosaki), but this book by Rick Warren made me aware of what I am actually looking for in the other books. The book helps you define your purpose, and once you have that , other things in your life takes on meaning, your actions are geared towards a particular result, you have a stress-free and more profitable existence by living a life of purpose

The book's 40 chapters are divided into six major sections, with the following titles

What on Earth Am I Here For?
Purpose #1: You Were Planned for God's Pleasure (Worship)
Purpose #2: You Were Formed for God's Family (Fellowship)
Purpose #3: You Were Created to Become Like Christ (Discipleship)
Purpose #4: You Were Shaped for Serving God (Ministry)
Purpose #5: You Were Made for a Mission (Mission)

5. My Vision: Challenges in the Race for Excellence: Nation Building- Sheikh Mohammed bin

The author, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is the Vice-President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai. In his book,he expresses a message of optimism that if all the constituents of any given society agree to excel in all fields, different cultures and religions can coexist without the slightest problem. The proof he provides is Dubai itself. Dubai's unique development experience sets a creative example for the Arab world to follow. This young country is making every effort to achieve excellence and upgrade its status from a regional economic centre into an international hub. It is striving to excel in services, tourism, the knowledge economy and creative human resources in order to reach its ambitious development goals. The book makes one understand that there is no challenge if you can foresee the end results, or know the expected problems and how to solve them. A challenge is an experience , you understand only that you have embarked on a journey that is new and unexplored, You survive only by your determination , patience, strong will and great desire for sucess.

6. Rules of Life- Leadership and sucess-Richard Templar
This one of the five in s aeries books explaining about apersonal code for living a better, happier, more successful kind of life.Other titles in this series are "rules of management","rules of work", "rules of parenting" and "rules of love".

7. How to make friends and Influence People- Dale Carnegie

You can go after the job you want...and get it! You can take the job you have...and improve it! You can take any situation you're in...and make it work for you!

For over 50 years the rock-solid, time-tested advice in this book has carried thousands of now famous people up the ladder of success in their business and personal lives.The book is summarized into four parts:

Fundamental Techniques in Handling People
Six Ways to Make People Like You
How to Win People to Your Way of Thinking
Be a Leader: How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment

Dale Carnegie's other book, "how to stop worrying and start living" is an excellent read too.

8. Oxford Dictionary- Self help

This is an easy to understand dictionary with example sentences, meanings, definitions, proverbs, idioms , famous quotes and guide to spellings and pronunciations.It Includes: thesaurus, mini encyclopaedia, maps, diagrams , helps with computer,legal, medical, business , investment and financial terms. Its a mine of information, it should always be a companion , even if its a pocket sixe, it helps you improve on a daily basis, avoid contradictions, increase your knowledge, speaking and writing skills and provide you with meanings of unfamiliar terms when you need it.

9. The 48 Laws of Power: Power and mastery - Robert Greene

Greene's book, The 48 Laws of Power, is a practical guide for anyone who wants power, observes power, or wants to arm themselves against power.The laws are a distillation of 3,000 years in the history of power, drawing on the lives of strategists and historical figures like Niccolò Machiavelli, Sun Tzu, Haile Selassie I, Carl von Clausewitz, Queen Elizabeth I, Henry Kissinger, and P.T. Barnum. Each law has its own chapter, complete with a "transgression of the law," "observation of the law," and a "reversal." Rappers and movie moguls have accepted this book as theri bible, In as much this book is a guide to mastery of power , but not all laws are applicable, each law has its advantage and faults as observed to in the book,one needs enough wisdom to discern and apply the laws as the circumstance dictates.

10. Power of a praying wife: Family- Stormie Omartan

Prayer is vital when we are discouraged or worried. Seek encouragement through prayer. This book is a must have for every woman who wants to keep her marriage, improve on her relationships, raise responsible children and birth nations. It makes us understand that for every woman, Praying for your hubby's is a given. There is so much power and blessings in praying, nations are built, rejections, angers and fears are uprooted from the mind, strongholds are pulled down, dreams turned to realities and disappointments turned to successes.

Other recommended books to be read are :

African culture: Weep not child( Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o), Things fall apart(Chinua Achebe), African Child( Camara Laye) and all books in the Pacestters' series and the African writers' series,

All Ladybird's books (Cinderella, wind in the willows e.t.c)

Who Moved My Cheese (Spencer Johnson), What to expect when you are expecting( Heidi Murkoff), Woman , Thou art loosed( Td Jakes),

In His Steps: What Would Jesus Do?( Charles Sheldon), The Pilgrim's progress( John Bunyan)

Other prolific authors that I recomenend their books to be read are Max Lucado, Zig Ziglar, Brian Tracy, Charles Dickens, Robert Fitzerald, Dan Brown, John Grisham, Tony Morrison,Nora Roberts, Chinamanda Adichie, Terry Mcmillan, Ernerst Hemingway, Williams Shakespeare, Robert Schuller, Fela Durotoye, Olusegun Obasanjo, Peter Drucker, Homer, Christina Adegbaju

"You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win"- Zig Ziglar

http://typearls..com

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by ImpactWorld(m): 6:55am On Oct 14, 2014
Nice!
Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by fittoux: 7:20am On Oct 14, 2014
nice but be careful not to read much of self-help less you die of misprints...all the survival tatics you need as a unique being has been inscribed and encrypt somewhere in your being all you've got to do is seek it out,decode and decipher it..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by Yinkatolu: 7:22am On Oct 14, 2014
ok
Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by udemzyudex(m): 7:40am On Oct 14, 2014
11. Attitude is everything.

12. Why you act the way you do.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by LOC1(m): 7:45am On Oct 14, 2014
Nice post
Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by LOC1(m): 7:46am On Oct 14, 2014
I have read just the Holy Bible

Anyways, Nice post
Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by eightsin(m): 7:57am On Oct 14, 2014
Incase..

I've read some tho.
Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by qloreal: 8:09am On Oct 14, 2014
Here 2 book space, just incase
Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by Vinx4Christ(m): 8:09am On Oct 14, 2014
I HAVE READ (and still reading) : THE HOLY BIBLE ; purpose driven life and some other books
Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by Sethuncahier(m): 8:09am On Oct 14, 2014
Op, Think and Grow Rich ought to be the second on the list.
Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 14, 2014
The Bible!

Number One!

Op. Ur sense Correct!

#ReadTheBibleDaily

1 Like

Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:21am On Oct 14, 2014
Things fall Apart.
Weep Not Child
African Child
....three of the most classic African novels

1 Like

Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by Belexy95: 8:28am On Oct 14, 2014
Nice post! George S. Clason wrote The richest man in babylon and not Hill

2 Likes

Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by Youngsage: 8:31am On Oct 14, 2014
arttysticfyngaz:
The Bible!

Number One!

Op. Ur sense Correct!

#ReadTheBibleDaily
Gbam.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by priscaoge(f): 8:32am On Oct 14, 2014
Think and Grow Rich: Motivation and self development – Napoleon Hill

I love this book kiss kiss

I also love this very book titled, Act like a Lady,Think like a Man!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 14, 2014
Please where can I get the free E version of the no 7...'How to make friends and Influence People- Dale Carnegie'.. .. I need that seriously
I've read (and I'm still reading) the Holy Bible, think and grow rich by napoleon hill, purpose driven life by Rick Warren, power of a praying woman, 48 laws of power,... . I still want to read more. Last night, Richard Quest of CNN said 'you dont read how to become a leader, reading motivates you and makes you a leader.

1 Like

Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by hulkhiharitoz(m): 8:55am On Oct 14, 2014
Make I book space ..... Just incase
Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by iamsegsy(m): 9:11am On Oct 14, 2014
briantex:
[size=50pt]WHY
MUST
I
READ
THEM? [/size]
[size=50pt]because you need them[/size]

2 Likes

Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by Emyemyberry(m): 9:14am On Oct 14, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Things fall Apart.
Weep Not Child
African Child
....three of the most classic African novels
have read those books more than 3c since my primary skul

@op have read almost all the books in ur list,plus like half ur authors works.

1 Like

Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by chezholy(m): 9:21am On Oct 14, 2014
Okay, and below is a site for you to CLICK before its tomorrow
http://2goface.com/invite?ref=chezholy
Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by heskeyw(m): 9:39am On Oct 14, 2014
I have read it all nd still, am not better than our corrupt politicians who didn't smell the four walls of the school.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 14, 2014
Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 14, 2014

1 Like

Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 14, 2014
Good books I must say, av selected 2 books of interest Frm ur list to read.

But this lists on NL is becoming endless o.
Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by Sethuncahier(m): 9:52am On Oct 14, 2014
Samakinr:
Please where can I get the free E version of the no 7...'How to make friends and Influence People- Dale Carnegie'.. .. I need that seriously
I've read (and I'm still reading) the Holy Bible, think and grow rich by napoleon hill, purpose driven life by Rick Warren, power of a praying woman, 48 laws of power,... . I still want to read more. Last night, Richard Quest of CNN said 'you dont read how to become a leader, reading motivates you and makes you a leader.
Chai! Kilode! You're good to go nau! No need of reading more.
Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by heskeyw(m): 9:52am On Oct 14, 2014
youngcee:
maybe because you do not read to understand....but just for reading things

My name is HESKEYW
Heskeyw means READ, STUDY and UNDERSTAND. Thank you.
Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by pxjosh(m): 9:54am On Oct 14, 2014
heskeyw:
I have read it all nd still, am not better than our corrupt politicians who didn't smell the four walls of the school.
you're better than them all, if you put all you've read to practice. you also need to change your mindset
Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by heskeyw(m): 9:56am On Oct 14, 2014
pxjosh:
you're better than them all, if you put all you've read to practice. you also need to change your mindset

My mindset runs on android. FYI, I have upgraded it to version 4.4.2
Re: 10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 by iamsegsy(m): 10:16am On Oct 14, 2014
briantex:

[size=60pt]Ok can you lend me all of them?[/size]
[size=60pt]hmmmm...sorry you av to buy urs smiley[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Universities In Nigeria Total Fees Break Down / UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. / 10 Lucky Discoveries That Made People Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.