Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. (5519 Views)

UNIBEN Student Makes A Portrait Of The VC With 6000 Bottle Covers (Photo) / 400 Level OAU Medical Student Killed By A Hit And Run Driver (pics) / UNIBEN Student Kept All The Pens He Used Till Graduation (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by Elparaiso(m): 7:25pm On Jul 19, 2015
UNIBEN GIRLS CRUSHED BY A PATROLUNIBEN GIRLS CRUSHED BY A PATROL VAN
An army vehicle written Thunder storm patrol 28, at about 10:15am this morning drove into 2 girls crossing the road..from indications they were both coming from one of the hostels located beside Odaro plaza...

After the accident one of the girls was lying on the ground, while the other girl the car touched first was found inside a bush close to the road side, they were immediately rushed to the hospital... an I.D card found in one of the girls bag, indicated she is a 200 level philosophy student University of Benin.

As the time of puting this update together, it was disclosed to us that one of the girls who is a Student of the Philosophy department is Dead! She is named... ANWULIKA RITA HALIM.
The other girl who is her roomate, named EFE is responding to treatment and have been transferred to the Health Centre of the University of Benin.
Below is a pic of Rita... May her soul rest in peace... AMEN!!!

Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by Omoobava(m): 7:29pm On Jul 19, 2015
Rip
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by SirLegal(m): 7:38pm On Jul 19, 2015
RIP to the beautiful soul.
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by Elparaiso(m): 7:40pm On Jul 19, 2015
We seriously need to build flyover at main gate...
Personally, crossing from BDPA to main gate everyday is by God's grace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by xender(m): 7:41pm On Jul 19, 2015
da fin gal....rip.
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by Behira(f): 7:59pm On Jul 19, 2015
RIP to the dead
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by Richiez(m): 8:17pm On Jul 19, 2015
poor pretty girl...RIP

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by Richiez(m): 8:18pm On Jul 19, 2015
cry
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by Tweak(m): 9:03pm On Jul 19, 2015
eeh..
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by Damscrob(m): 9:18pm On Jul 19, 2015
Funny Enough....i was in a bus coming from winners @ Isihor i saw the patrol van while it stopped suddenly but i never knew d patrol van hit these ladies.....May her soul RIP..#sad#
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by Lilyomi(f): 9:23pm On Jul 19, 2015
Such a young life.
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by Nickymezor(f): 9:27pm On Jul 19, 2015
Quite a pity...may she rest in peace
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 19, 2015
Damscrob:
Funny Enough....i was in a bus coming
What is funny about a young Nigerian dying or you in a bus? undecided

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by defemidefemi(m): 10:19pm On Jul 19, 2015
may her soul rest in peace.
God we are tired of evil news in this nation have mercy on us, forgive our sin and heal our land (Nigeria).
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by hatux: 10:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
May her soul rest in peace
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by Damscrob(m): 10:32pm On Jul 19, 2015
FriedPlantain:
What is funny about a young Nigerian dying or you in a bus? undecided

i'm only trying to tell u how shocking the event was...i was shocked when i later heard the news...because i thought the Army were chasing a car with the patrol van but what i heard was far different from what i was thinking..."i only saw the van suddenly stopped on the other side of the road"....bro get the statement right..not the other way round....
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by b3llo(m): 10:34pm On Jul 19, 2015
What a beautiful girl! May her soul R.I.P
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by Valentinooo: 10:36pm On Jul 19, 2015
RIP to the girl. Uniben need to put bumps in front of that main gate to check the speed of those drivers, they don't even care whether students are crossing or not

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 19, 2015
Damscrob:

bro get the statement right..not the other way round....
Errrrrrm, I think it is you who actually needs to get your statement and not the other way round.
You used the words "Funny Enough" while narrating the event that led to the death of the deceased lady on this thread, which was what prompted my question in the first place. undecided
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 19, 2015
Pukka36, Ada96, RobinHez, Princecalm and the host of others .

Consolidation is required here.
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by datbay(m): 11:23pm On Jul 19, 2015
RIPP
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by nwodoniile300: 11:29pm On Jul 19, 2015
Too sad and shocking but may your gentle soul rest in peace sis. Rita
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by Elparaiso(m): 11:37pm On Jul 19, 2015
I don't know if it is until students revolt that a flyover or bumps would be provided...

Students way day rush go class nkor..
Mtscheew...

The school will come out with their "heartfelt condolence and sympathy to the bereaved "

Double mtscheew.
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by Jamaticulus(m): 12:15am On Jul 20, 2015
And the army hasn't come out with a statement on this! RIP
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by agrovick(m): 12:19am On Jul 20, 2015
Elparaiso:
We seriously need to build flyover at main gate...
Personally, crossing from BDPA to main gate everyday is by God's grace.
I'm in support of your suggestion, the first and only time I passed the school, the first thing that came to mind was these students are being exposed to vehicle mishaps.
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by Elparaiso(m): 12:20am On Jul 20, 2015
agrovick:

I'm in support of your suggestion, the first and only time I passed the school, the first thing that came to mind was these students are being exposed to vehicle mishaps.
There was flyover there before o...
I don't remember what happened to it...
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by Damscrob(m): 12:26am On Jul 20, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Errrrrrm, I think it is you who actually needs to get your statement and not the other way round.
You used the words "Funny Enough" while narrating the event that led to the death of the deceased lady on this thread, which was what prompted my question in the first place. undecided

ok no vex boss...
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by agrovick(m): 12:28am On Jul 20, 2015
Elparaiso:
There was flyover there before o... I don't remember what happened to it...
There is a need to construct another
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by agrovick(m): 12:28am On Jul 20, 2015
Elparaiso:
There was flyover there before o... I don't remember what happened to it...
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by Elparaiso(m): 12:30am On Jul 20, 2015
agrovick:

The matter now is who will fund...
Is it school authorities that will "look into it"
Or FG ?
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by agrovick(m): 12:37am On Jul 20, 2015
Elparaiso:

The matter now is who will fund...
Is it school authorities that will "look into it"
Or FG ?
Considering the financial strength of most of our universities, government is the only plausible solution here
Re: UNIBEN Student Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident. by Elparaiso(m): 12:40am On Jul 20, 2015
agrovick:

Considering the financial strength of most of our universities, government is the only plausible solution here
Before word reaches them...
They acknowledge...
Then dispense cash to one contractor....

That's why I posted this so people who can talk will talk....
Maybe then our voice will be heard.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 / Universities And How Their Students Are Called. / Lecturer Resorts To Hawking Potatoes To Survive In Uyo (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.