Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Tattoo: Good Or Bad - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tattoo: Good Or Bad (600 Views)

Rsust Cultural Day See What A Kalabari Student Wore, Good Or Bad? / Considering A Yoruba Tattoo: Ideas? / Tribal Mark Or Tattoo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tattoo: Good Or Bad by jaydee87(m): 9:02am On Oct 14, 2014
brief history of tattoos
the word tattoo is said to has two major derivations- from
the polynesian word ‘ta’ which means striking something
and the tahitian word ‘tatau’ which means ‘to mark something’.
the history of tattoo began over 5000 years ago and is as
diverse as the people who wear them.
tattoos are created by inserting colored materials beneath
the skins surface. the first tattoos probably were created
by accident. someone had a small wound, and rubbed it
with a hand that was dirty with soot and ashes from the fire.
once the wound had healed, they saw that a mark stayed
permanently.
I know we all have different view about tattoo but I think its not that bad to have one if its for the purpose it is meant for and moderate.
we known there are extremist in every thing so tattoo has extremists too
some are drawn to make a statement, other to know where u from, other for beautification and so on. even our own tribal mark is a form of tattoo. pls I need comments from my fellow NLanders to know what you think about tattoo....
Good morning.
Re: Tattoo: Good Or Bad by Tenim47(m): 9:05am On Oct 14, 2014
I rep zebra,
E full ma body
Re: Tattoo: Good Or Bad by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 14, 2014
if u are a Christian then it's wrong..Leviticus 19:28

(1) (Reply)

Apart From The 'ring' How Else Can A Lay Man Know One That's Married / Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man / What If!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.