Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

The Difference Between B.tech And B.sc In Civil Service - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Difference Between B.tech And B.sc In Civil Service (10544 Views)

Difference Between B.sc Economics And B.sc (edu)economic / Federal Polytechnics To Award Bachelor Of Technology (B. TECH) Degrees / Hnd Is Now B.tech Degree In All Nigerian Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between B.tech And B.sc In Civil Service by adeblow(m): 9:43am On Oct 14, 2014
Please, in the context of a civil servant or in the Nigerian Civil Service, what is the difference between B.Tech and B.Sc.
Why I asked the question is that: in my Organisation, people who graduated with Engineering are placed a step higher than those who graduated with B.Sc or B.Tech. For us who graduated with B.Tech, we spent 5years in school while those with B.Sc spent 4years in school.
I think it is unfair to place people who spent 5years in school in the same level and step with those who spent 4years.
Please does anybody know why this is done like this in Nigeria?
Re: The Difference Between B.tech And B.sc In Civil Service by Olaskybab: 10:13am On Oct 14, 2014
I can hlp u out.........*I'll soon b bak*

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between B.tech And B.sc In Civil Service by mesoade(m): 10:15am On Oct 14, 2014
Op!,read what u posted again and explain it to me
Re: The Difference Between B.tech And B.sc In Civil Service by EldaTimba(m): 11:09am On Oct 14, 2014
I agree with you OP. I always advice my friend not to put in for courses with single honours in university of technology because the duration is 5 years when it take 4 years in regular university. As far as I know, there is no difference in the pay or promotion growth as-to-par the B.tech and B.sc degree.

My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between B.tech And B.sc In Civil Service by Karleb(m): 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2014
Bros, you should have attended a B.Sc awarding school now.

Lemme tell you, the difference between B.tech and B.sc is nothing!

You spending 5yrs for a course that normally take 4yrs in a non-technology university is your choice, ok?

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between B.tech And B.sc In Civil Service by podosci(m): 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2014
adeblow:
Please, in the context of a civil servant or in the Nigerian Civil Service, what is the difference between B.Tech and B.Sc.
Why I asked the question is that: in my Organisation, people who graduated with Engineering are placed a step higher than those who graduated with B.Sc or B.Tech. For us who graduated with B.Tech, we spent 5years in school while those with B.Sc spent 4years in school.
I think it is unfair to place people who spent 5years in school in the same level and step with those who spent 4years.
Please does anybody know why this is done like this in Nigeria?
1st of all B.Eng is at the top of the food chain, followed by B.tech and then B.Sc.....If u go to A university of technology ( i went to FUT,minna) you are guaranteed 90% knowledge return on your five years of study and u tend to be wiser,better and more creative than your peers in other universities and again u tend to be very good with Mathematics due to our indoctrination with it ..all this offcourse depends on ur own level of seriousness while in school...... Now in this context, even if u are placed in this same level with others,,,,the diff would show has u would jst be diff from them on ur creative thinking and approach to problems and u eld eventually rise quickly over them.
I graduated with a 2.1 B.Eng honors from civil engineering and am telling u from ma personal experience and interactiom with others from other schols,,,,,..that 5 years we spent was well spent because they other schools lack some of the kwoledge i know and am using it presently as an edge over the them.......All this depends on ur level of sewiouzness while in school.....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Difference Between B.tech And B.sc In Civil Service by seangy4konji: 9:21pm On Oct 14, 2014
Make God sha put food on my table and giver and family good health for d rest of our lives. If you like compare aptech or komatsu or bull dozer. Jesus loba. Alhamu du lilah.
Re: The Difference Between B.tech And B.sc In Civil Service by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
Chai, All this accolades for some jaga jaga abbreviations! Yet una never fit transform our economy from consumer to that of a producer. #Creative, una create oo! Na chinese product still dy flood our market, intelligent; Chai,na how to operate we sabi, we can't "DIY". Having an edge; I don't see any edge where even to invent simple farm tools that will replace the primitive tools wey our farmers dy use for rural areas never show!

Everything na importation, our "B.Eng, B.Tech & Bsc, una never tire? Me don tire oooo, make una wake up, embrace entrepreneurship save us from ourselves biko.
Re: The Difference Between B.tech And B.sc In Civil Service by sheddo619(m): 10:33pm On Oct 14, 2014
podosci:

1st of all B.Eng is at the top of the food chain, followed by B.tech and then B.Sc.....If u go to A university of technology ( i went to FUT,minna) you are guaranteed 90% knowledge return on your five years of study and u tend to be wiser,better and more creative than your peers in other universities and again u tend to be very good with Mathematics due to our indoctrination with it ..all this offcourse depends on ur own level of seriousness while in school...... Now in this context, even if u are placed in this same level with others,,,,the diff would show has u would jst be diff from them on ur creative thinking and approach to problems and u eld eventually rise quickly over them.
I graduated with a 2.1 B.Eng honors from civil engineering and am telling u from ma personal experience and interactiom with others from other schols,,,,,..that 5 years we spent was well spent because they other schools lack some of the kwoledge i know and am using it presently as an edge over the them.......All this depends on ur level of sewiouzness while in school.....
sir civil engineering dept .what set ?
Re: The Difference Between B.tech And B.sc In Civil Service by podosci(m): 10:39pm On Oct 14, 2014
sheddo619:
sir civil engineering dept .what set ?
2008/09..........currently doing my Nysc in Abuja
Re: The Difference Between B.tech And B.sc In Civil Service by rattlesnake(m): 11:49pm On Oct 14, 2014
B.tech

U think say e dey easy to climb transformer ni undecided
Re: The Difference Between B.tech And B.sc In Civil Service by Nobody: 1:33am On Oct 15, 2014
rattlesnake:
B.tech

U think say e dey easy to climb transformer ni undecided
guy i dey beef u. must u b funny sef ahan
Re: The Difference Between B.tech And B.sc In Civil Service by SlyIg(f): 4:46am On Oct 15, 2014
EldaTimba:
I agree with you OP. I always advice my friend not to put in for courses with single honours in university of technology because the duration is 5 years when it take 4 years in regular university. As far as I know, there is no difference in the pay or promotion growth as-to-par the B.tech and B.sc degree.

My opinion though.

Sorry to ask you please, which courses are regarded as single honour and ...?
Re: The Difference Between B.tech And B.sc In Civil Service by EldaTimba(m): 5:24am On Oct 15, 2014
SlyIg:

Sorry to ask you please, which courses are regarded as single honour and ...?
Courses like math, biology, physics where you do only one main subject.
Re: The Difference Between B.tech And B.sc In Civil Service by SlyIg(f): 10:37am On Oct 15, 2014
EldaTimba:

Courses like math, biology, physics where you do only one main subject.

ok. Thanks.
Re: The Difference Between B.tech And B.sc In Civil Service by sheddo619(m): 5:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
podosci:

2008/09..........currently doing my Nysc in Abuja
alright

(1) (Reply)

Importance Of Education / Oou Post-ume Result Is Out At Last / WAEC: We Did Not Release Data Ranking States By Performance In 2022 SCCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.